No announcement yet.

The Next Chapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIDFFT~Scotty McCreery concert tonight!!

I have to earn it. If I don't I won't thoroughly relax. That being said, today is about potting up plants by the cartloads, lots of mowing, a few loads of laundry........then there is after lunch. Seriously! If I make goals like that I stay on task even if I don't accomplish it all. Lots of ways to incorporate exercise into this daily routine, even if it is just stretching my calf muscles.

Back to the last round of jumping rope.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Leave it up to me to jump rope next to a wasp nest. OUCH!!

The concert was fantastic! Scotty puts on a great performance. Even my "I don't like country music" husband would have loved it. I would definitely go to his concerts again. Next up, Montgomery Gentry and Foreigner!

Comment

I checked the schedule and Scotty isn't playing in this neck of the woods anytime too. He's kind a all over the place! Is he still in high school or has that many years passed since he was the winner of American Idol? I'm not a country western fan AT ALL - but I do love country rock. Scotty isn't twangy enough to put in the country western category IMO.

So, if hubby didn't go with you - who did go with you?
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

I went by myself. It would have been more fun to have someone share the excitement. Scotty is now in college. I know he played Jacksonville, OR on July 17. Oh, well. If he heads this way in future years hopefully you'll get to see him then.

Some days I can jump rope forever. Some days, like today, I miss after 5 jumps over and over and over again....Persistence pays off, right? Much better than giving up.

Comment

I'm about to go put on the booby smasher so I can have a go at it!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

Remember to keep trying! Every jump counts.

Comment

Just did 9 + 9 + 9 + 35!!! = 62

I do a double hop between swings of the rope......... 2 hops to 1 revolution. Can I count that as 124 jumps?

I know that sounds weird and I've tried to find a youtube video showing someone jumping like that - but every one of them show the standard one jump to one revolution. I'm gonna try to do it that way.

Edit: I DID! 12 jumps miss........ 12 jumps miss.............. sure gets the heartrate up!!!!
                Last edited by tomi; 07-18-2013, 07:16 PM.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

Not motivated to exercise today but I must make myself do it. If I let it slide today it will slide tomorrow and the next day and so on. I have been here before. Three months could go by if I don't make myself do it TODAY.

Comment

I think we're twins................ Amazing how we find such similarities in people we meet on MDA!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Okay --- I just did 4 set of 20 speed jumps! PHEW! since I'm mowing, raking and cooking today I think I'll let the barre3 and weights slip.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• I read in some diet book or other that giving up on any exercise program always starts with a single missed workout. It makes sense really, and it has happened to me many times. One day you just don't feel like it and then the next day and the one after that. Pretty soon I'm out of the habit altogether and I'm sitting on the couch cleaning out the bottom of a Nutella jar with a wheat-thin...

Nope, no more!!!!
                        Height: 5' 10"
                        Starting Weight: 292
                        Starting Primal Weight: 275
                        Current weight: 224
                        Goal weight: 172
                        Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                          Okay --- I just did 4 set of 20 speed jumps! PHEW! since I'm mowing, raking and cooking today I think I'll let the barre3 and weights slip.
                          Doing those speed jumps is what really made the fat on my thighs disappear. You rocked it today!

I still haven't done the scheduled exercise because I overdid yesterday and my back muscles are seizing up. Too much weed eating. This will be just a "take the dogs for a walk" day. I'll make up for it tomorrow MOF (mit out fail).

Comment

• ??? Mit out fail? translate please................

I think you're entitled to an easy day!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• There was an ad for the Seattle newspaper about 30 years ago where they convinced an older gentleman to subscribe. He said he'd go home and do it MOF. When questioned, he said it meant mit out fail (without fail). We adopted it over the years.

Comment

• He wouldn't have happened to be natively German-speaking, would he??
                                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Working...
                                X