The Next Chapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
    Back from camping and ready to I've backin to what needs to be done around here before the weather changes again.
    Hope you had fun! Two of mine get back from horse camp tomorrow.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Back to reality.................
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Originally posted by tomi View Post
        Back to reality.................
        Back to the jump rope and jumping jacks. Thinking about adding a quick jog to the top of the road and back into the mix.

Interestingly, I ate good food on the camping trip except for one shortbread cookie, a cinnamon roll and a slice of cheesecake. Those three things were enough to bring back the lumpy fat and add fat back to my hips. It is so true that what you eat is equally as important as how much you eat. Scale weight is the same but body composition suffered.

Back to making it go away again.
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I have complete confidence in you!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion

Comment

I find the journals that do nothing but document fitness and food to be something that does not capture my interest. Please, my lurkers, if you see me doing that, stop me! I not only want to keep it interesting for those people who read this but for myself as well when I go back to the beginning and read it all.

Today I took a break from "forced" exercise and have been digging big plants. I also put some big wood rounds up on the trailer to dry out for campfire wood so the heavy lifting got accomplished. Where I am really lacking in my day to day life is the HIIT. That is where the speed jumping comes in and why I cannot let it fall by the wayside. Best way to make sure it gets done is to put on the booby squasher first thing in the morning and just do it. Exercise goal met, on with my day.

Comment

I jogged! For the first time in my life I jogged!! Started out with some wall pushups followed by jumping jacks followed by jumprope. Not as fluid at jumping as I would like but, hey, I did it. On a whim i decided to try jogging in the back yard. Big mistake. I couldn't get anywhere for the two big dogs who were stepping right in front of me. I fixed 'em, though and went to the half acre next door that they are fenced off from. I jogged!! So much nicer to run on and through tall grass than it is to pound pavement. Hey, I may not have perfect form but I did it! I went back to the jump rope to finish off the morning and it was so much easier to do than it was earlier.
              I don't know why this never entered my mind before but I do not need to be inside to do wall pushups. I have a carport, a shed, a greenhouse, a cabin.......anyone of those will do. Sheesh, the people who say they have no time to exercise are not thinking outside the box.
              All showered, ready to fix breakfast and tackle my day.

Comment

you're awesome - and inspiring.

for the past 2 weeks I have been a bit of a sloth.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

Tomi, here is how I look at it. If I have made an attempt, even if it is just one jumping jack, then I won't beat myself up for not doing more. I made the attempt. The days I do more? Great!!! You'll get back into the swing of things.

Comment

I have jumped a little over the past week, but not daily like I would like to do. Today I'm going to get back at it.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

You go, girl! If you have done any form of exercise over the past couple weeks, you're golden. Don't beat yourself up.

Comment

The only concerts I have been to were in my teens. Donny Osmond, Elton John and Rolling Stones. The old theater in my town, circa 1923, has been upgraded and restored by one of the residents and has been pulling in some big name acts. Tomorrow I am going to my first concert there to see Scotty McCreary and have gotten tickets for the Foreigner concert in August. The acoustics are supposedly outstanding and there are no bad seats. Good thing as I got tickets in the nosebleed section. So excited! If it as good as what I hear, I will go to more.

www.DandRtheater.com

Comment

I want to come! I love Scotty and Foreigner! what fun! Foreigner is going to be about 30 miles south of me in August. Maybe I should surprise hubby with tickets!

Edit: nope cuz that is his daughters birthday .
                          Last edited by tomi; 07-15-2013, 07:18 PM.
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

Can you go to the concert with a girlfriend? This is an opportunity you shouldn't pass up! Do you need to be there for his daughter's birthday? You could always surprise her with tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                              Tomi, here is how I look at it. If I have made an attempt, even if it is just one jumping jack, then I won't beat myself up for not doing more. I made the attempt. The days I do more? Great!!! You'll get back into the swing of things.
                              Honeybuns,
                              This really spoke to me today. I am glad I read it before my walk - it motivated me! Thanks.

B2B
                              “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
                              ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
                              LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
                              CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

Comment

Donny Osmond would have been fantastic! I was a big concert-goer in my twenties, but then, I was living close to both a huge concert hall and a ticket outlet. Phil Collins, Al Jarreau, Simple Minds, Lionel Richie, Huey Lewis and the News, Aerosmith, Chris deBurgh, Rod Stewart, Mike and the Mechanics, a-ha, Eurythmics, Bon Jovi, Bruce Hornsby, etc etc... Was fun!

Last concert was last summer - we took Second to see Barry Manilow, outdoors, and LOVED it!

Shout until you get hoarse, and dance your self silly, honeybuns!
                                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Working...
                                X