No announcement yet.

The Next Chapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey has some deformation where he broke some ribs(twice!). He has had it for years, but it is still a shock to me when I look at him full on, and the shape is not symmetrical. I guess my imagination just fills in when I am not looking straight at him. Maybe when your husband gets the other one done, having them be symmetrical will help.

Comment

• It will be like holding a new man!
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Two weeks post surgery and all is going well. Hondo is slowly reducing his pain meds and cannot wait to be off them entirely. PT starts day after tomorrow and then he will find out how much it can hurt. They will be asking muscles that haven't done much in twenty years to do their job. Can we say ouch?

As for me, one day at a time......

Comment

• oh gosh...... ouch is right!!!! will you have to be active in his at home PT?? as in aiding in any way?
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Fortunately he is able to do his in home PT by himself and he has been very good about doing so. Whar he is most looking forward to is not having to wear the compression socks any more!

Comment

• oh those are nasty! I have not had the pleasure of wearing them - but have heard from others. Must keep the fluid from pooling and the blood from resting in the legs.

I hope things are going well.
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Things are going very well. At his two week post surgery doctors appt the doctor was very pleased with his progress and told him he was ahead of schedule on the healing. Sling is no longer required and he wrote orders for the physical therapist to push him harder than originally scheduled. Hondo has voluntarily cut the meds way back.
                There is light at the end of this journey

I have been having a blast wading in the creek to keep the beaver dams open. Found a really deep spot and filled my boots with water and muck. Next time I wear tennies. Lots of greenhouse time sticking heuchera cuttings (cash crop) and dividing dahlias. The lilies and potatoes are looking really good. I have three large heat mats going under the cuttings. I just need to clean the crap out of the greenhouse instead of using it as a dumping ground. It wouldbe a lot more spacious.

Comment

• so happy to hear he's doing well!!! but I am seriously jealous that he gets to take off his sling already!!! I'm stuck in this thing for another month!!! Apparently a whole shoulder replacement is easier to live with than a rotator cuff repair!! UGH!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Well, he has had both!

Comment

• well, he has certainly paid his dues!!!

PT went well yesterday for me! and I'm spending a little more time at home without the sling (doc says that's fine as long as I don't use my shoulder for any arm movement). I am now 27 days from being sling free! I can do this!!

How is Hondo's PT going?
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• PT is leaving him sore but he knows that it is a means to the end. Time will make all things better. Now we know what we have to go through next year when he has the other one done.

Hiked six miles in a downpour yesterday on the logging roads. I am a happy gal!

Comment

• well - next year's replacement should be "easier" in as much as you will know what to expect and will already have experience in the PT recovery mode. But still............. not something to look forward to!

The hike sounds nice!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I spent a good chunk of yesterday exploring the ravine with Moose and Reilly. We had a ton of fun, both dogs got horribly muddy and had a blast scrambling on logs and wading the creek. I was wet up to the knees and could not have been happier. Two big dogs got warm baths when we got back and spent the afternoon sleeping. Can we say finally?!!

I have been lax about consuming wheat products, mainly pie crust and yeast rolls and the achy creaky hands are back. Proof of a direct correlation between wheat and joint inflammation for me.

Hondo says "no one forced it down your throat". Must find my willpower again.

I am bringing my 30 year old horse home this month. He has been boarded 100 miles away since we moved seven years ago. The stable where he will be is very clean, professional and hands on. He'll have a large paddock with shelter on the nice days, a big box stall on the crappy ones. Sounds like a great place to live out the rest of his years. It will be wonderful to have him close, within ten minutes of home. Hands on and more adventures for me.

Comment

• That's what I tell myself when I eat "wrong" things. It was my hand that brought it to my mouth - so I have to own it.

Yeah for the horse move!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Got the horse moved home on Tuesday. I am really, really beyond irritated with my friend who was boarding him for me. We have been paying three hundred a month for full care board for years. Full care as in they make sure everything is taken care of. When I picked him up his hooves look like they have not been trimmed in a year, all cracked, split, way too long and he clearly has not been groomed since last summer if then. When I got him to the new barn and groomed him I filled a garbage can with the hair that came off. There is no excuse for this. She is a horse person from way back, twenty years or more. Good thing they are moving b ack east because as far as I a m concerned she took advantage of a trust. Being given advance notice that I was coming to get him, don't you think they could have at least brushed him let alone had the farrier out to trim up his hooves? So glad he is only ten minutes away now.

Comment

Working...
                                X