No announcement yet.

The Next Chapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You two are busy little worker bees lately! I wish that kind of activity was happening at my house! My surgery is in 8 days - but not much is getting accomplished. I do plan to cook and freeze a giant pot of chicken and broth. And I am slowly trying to get things cleaned up.........
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Tomi, I hear you on the surgery nerves. Heck, I am not the one getting cut on tomorrow and I am having anxiety about it.

I cannot believe that the surgery date is here already. Seems like six weeks flew by.
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Good luck tomorrow! I hope all goes smooth and easy. Its the recovery time that is the hardest.........
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
          Good luck tomorrow! I hope all goes smooth and easy. Its the recovery time that is the hardest.........
          Men are definitely not the best patients. Patience is what I am really going to need!

Comment

• Surgery day and I was wide awake at 3 am. It is going to be a very, very long day.

Comment

• sending good thoughts............
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Surgery went well but took longer than anticipated. Doctor told me that the joint was totally worn out. Once he is home, the real fun begins of convincing a stubborn man as to why he has to follow doctor's orders.

Comment

• I hope the doctor tells him how much more successful his surgery will be if he follows instructions to the letter and doesn't push passed where he should be at each step of the way. You might have to be Mean Honeybuns for a bit and tell him what for!!!
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• Well, he got chewed out by the nurses last night for sneaking out of bed by himself. Today the nerve block wore off and the mega pain hit. They kept him for another night because of that, low blood pressure and dizziness. I get to bring him home tomorrow.

It never dawned on me that his shoulder would have an entirely different shape than what I have known for forty years. Weird.

Comment

• OH - never thought of the shape difference either. So does one side look different than the other?
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Yes, it does. The new titanium joint is nothing like his bone was in shape. I loved his shoulders and it makes me sad that one isn't that way any more. Next year when he gets the other one replaced, they won't be the shoulders I have known for so long.

He is home but on mega doses of oxycodone. Needless to say, he is out of it.

Comment

• a new to thing to learn to love and appreciate!

I hope he's resting and recovers quickly. What is the recovery plan???
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Recovery plan, besides the pain meds, is at home physical therapy three or four times a day with going to a physical therapist three times a week for 8 to 10 weeks. No driving, in a sling, limited use of the arm. He did get a shower yesterday and feels much more human. The post surgery bruising is extensive and a lovely purple. I can't wait for the green and yellow stage.

It is very important for him to feel like he is doing as much as he possibly can and I am letting him. It is wearing him out quickly so he is also spending a lot of time laying down. Each day is better than the day before.

I can really tell where the sugar and wheat of the hospital food ended up. It is about so much more than the weight. The scale dropped, the blubber increased. Time to rein it back in.

Comment

• A real shower after hospitals is always a glorious thing. Best wishes to both of you during his recovery.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Sounds exhausting! A lot of work on your part too I'm sure! Your MDA family is thinking of you both and sending lots of prayers!
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X