No announcement yet.

The Next Chapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission accomplished. I am a wet, muddy, sloppy, happy mess but I have the water flowing and the backed up water has dropped about six inches already. Lots of exercise going up and down that steep ravine hanging onto branches, ferns, etc. Iam so glad I had a spare paur of shoes in the greenhouse. My boots were full of mud and water, let alone my pants so I stripped out there.

Exercise met for the day. Ready to be a girl again.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Off for the day. Other than putting dinner in the crockpot and picking up, I will be doing nothing around here. Heck, I won't even be here! On the road with a friend of mine for a Nosework trial with her dog.
      Recharge those batteries!

Last night I had Hondo cut my hair. What was halfway down my back is now chin length. There was more hair on the floor than there is on my head now. The thing with eating this way is that my hair grows so darn fast that I could easily cut off two inches a month and not have it get any shorter ever.

More projects this week. Might as well use the muscles and get something done around here.

Comment

• It worked! There is no more lake in the ravine. I will just keep the channel open and make the beavers cranky.

Just started a new Superbowl tradition with my hiking buddy! Instead of sitting on our butts watching a game we don't care about eating food we don't want, we went exploring today. I introduced her to the area where RPR's happen. We went for miles today and she only saw the tip of the iceberg. More fun adventures ahead!

Comment

• I have been having way too much fun working on that beaver dam. I have not been able to make it more than a couple days without going back down to see how the water is flowing and if anything is damming the flow. Sure, I come back a muddy mess but I am happy. I grew up with a creek so it feels like being a kid again. The water level has dropped about 18" so I know I have made a difference. There were some dead trees in the flow yesterday, about ten feet long and a couple feet in diameter. I was able to leverage those out of the way. It felt good to be using my muscles and know that i wouldn't be sore the next day.

I am teetering on the edge of a new, lower weight. Even though I say I have no set goal weight, it gives me a tingle to see the weight dropping. Now is when I really start conditioning for an epic mountain hike I hope to take this fall. It is a multiple day hike known for kicking hikers in the butt. Between ravine scrambles, RPR's, jumprope and BBH I should start really toning up. I just need to be consistent in conditioning.

Conditioning. Just another word for getting to play outside.
          Last edited by honeybuns; 02-14-2014, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• You always inspire me to MOVE MORE!
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion
            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
              you always inspire me to move more!
              Heal first!!

Comment

• yes - surgery and healing. I will MOVE MORE - once my body is fixed and healed.

Tuesday I will know more..............
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Hondo's surgery is next week and I am beginning to feel the apprehension and nerves setting in. This is when I wish I had a close friend that I could lean on and say what I am feeling to get it off of my mind. The bums are great listeners, great cuddlers but not so good at giving me feedback. I have no true comprehension of what the post surgery recovery will be like. I may need to come here to vent upon occasion . I should take a page from Sabine's book and have a few projects around that I can work on while he is drifting in and out of consciousness. How to keep three big dogs quiet so he can sleep? I see lots of neighborhood walks in the immediate future.

Comment

• Good to see you back. I was wondering where you were. Your dogs may end up cuddling a lot with your guy. Ours have a great someone in the pack is ill/injured' instinct, and like to stay close.

What KIND of projects!?! I love hearing about people's creative stuff.

Comment

• Using your shoulder after replacement surgery: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia Try reading this article. I've done a lot of reading on what to expect from my rotator cuff surgery.
                      2. Eat to heal
                      3. Move to live
                      4. Embrace today
                      5. Live with intention
                      6. Respect my body
                      7. Cultivate joy
                      8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                        What KIND of projects!?! I love hearing about people's creative stuff.
                        At the moment I have several works in progress but most of them are too unwieldy to cart around. Weaving a basket from Coral Bark maple twigs, crocheting a highly textured lap blanket, sewing a gored skirt in rayon, making two baby quilts with fabrics on hand, dividing several perennials, making hardwood and softwood shrub cuttings.......maybe the easiest thing will be a small crochet project such as hats for the homeless shelter or preemie caps.

Ugh. I cannot believe I am still up. That is what I (we) get for eating coffee ice cream at 9pm. Tomorrow will be rough. By the time I fall asleep I will be waking back up in four hours if I am lucky.

Tomi, thank you for that article. My very stubborn husband plans on driving again the second week. I hope the doctor throws things at him if he tries.

Comment

• 1:30 am and thedogs will be getting me up in three hours, we hit the road in six. I am nowhere near sleepy. At least Hondo has oxycodone on board to help put him out. It is going to be a long day tomorrow....I mean today. I might have to break my 11 months of no coffee tomorrow just to stay awake long enough to make it home.

Comment

• I let the dogs out at 2:30am and went to bed only to toss and turn for a while. Back awake at 5 am on my own. A couple of hours of sleep? Coffee seriously messes with me any more, even if it was just in ice cream. It is going to be a very long day.

Comment

• Good luck *internet hugs*
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Surgery is just four days away. I am getting more anxious about the post surgery recovery than I am about the surgery itself. Hondo is not a model patient. I had plans to have the house spotless so I don't bring him home to a dive but life has gotten in the way. I now have four days to make this place presentable. What was I doing instead? There are now two meals of soup and five of spaghetti in the freezer, I turned ten dahlias into 71 and I have been playing HayDay waay too much!

The side benefit to this upcoming surgery is that it has gotten him to complete things in the house that he has been ignoring for years. I now have new flooring in both the entry and hall bath, the kitchen window now has a windowsill and trim six years later, the fireplace in the bedroom has been completed including mantel/surround. Next year he plans on having the other shoulder done. More projects completed!!

I have been cooking with lard pretty much exclusively for a while now and I am leaning out. Interestingly, when I have a cheat my weight is not going up. This is good, but if I weren't cheating would my weight be going down??

Comment

Working...
                                X