No announcement yet.

The Next Chapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I blew off double digging the remainder of that bed in favor of getting some of the big shrubs planted in it. Now that has been done I will finish the digging today followed by getting the remainder of the plants in before the rain returns on Tuesday. The reason that I am pushing so hard on this is that this bed is right on the lane that leads to this end of the neighborhood. There has been an increase in the number of people driving our neighborhood looking at the houses that are for sale. I think there are at least half a dozen now. I know that when we were looking we drove the neighborhood to get a feel for it and I sure don't want my place look like the armpit of the area.

This year I will measure by my accomplishments. By what I have been successful at rather than what I haven't been.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• As always your endeavours blow me away. Your outdoor activities impress and scare the hell out of me as I look out on the sodden earth I call a garden. I wish I had half your vision/ energy/ chutzpah!
      I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• Soil is prepped, noxious weed roots are removed. Let the planting begin!

Only one more day of this pace and I can relax. Well, not really. The house is a pit and must be addressed whether I want to or not.

Comment

• All planting in that bed is complete. Let me count how many plants went in today.
          16 pots of Flower Record daffodils
          40 geum 'Fireball'
          3 dianthus 'Chomley Farran'
          4 euphorbia 'Ascot Rainbow'
          2 bergenia
          1 cornus sanguinea 'Compressa'
          3 crocosmia 'Walburton Yellow'
          1 iris versicolor
          3 dierama
          1 big pot of muscari

I know I forgot a couple. Looking forward to a hot bath and a cold beverage brought by my personal cabana boy!
          Last edited by honeybuns; 01-27-2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• So tired. The hot bath was wonderful. I am heading to bed right after dinner. My muscles did their job and need to be recharged.

Comment

• Your energy exhausts me!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                Your energy exhausts me!
                It pretty much exhausts me sometimes as well. This was one of those times. I do derive immense satisfaction from a job well done. Pride in accomplishment, as it were.

When we moved here six years ago the house needed tons of work as did the yard. We, and I do mean we, replaced all the windows, doors, roof, siding etc the first year and I thought I would get to put the same kind of energy into the yard the next year but that didn't happen. We have been working on house stuff ever since. Starting this year I will finally be able to put the effort into the outside that has been given to the inside. Finally. Expect more project reports like this last one.

My weight is holding steady at 168. Clearly a different 168 than I had in October. Lots more fluffiness where it had not been before. Maybe it is time to get the tape measure into the act again to help me identify when I am putting on fat in my hips. I don't want to wait until it is painfully obvious.

Cool, cloudy and misty today. Good day for an RPR but we'll settle for a neighborhood stroll and a jaunt up ButtBuster Hill.

Comment

• Have a great, Honeybuns! I wish I had a Buttbuster Hill within walking distance. Where I live its all flat as a pancake.
                  1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                  2. Eat to heal
                  3. Move to live
                  4. Embrace today
                  5. Live with intention
                  6. Respect my body
                  7. Cultivate joy
                  8. Find my passion

Comment

• When we first moved here and I tackled BBH, i had to stop several times on the way up. Today? Sailed right up in spite of not having done it in forever. One big difference I have noticed eating this way is that I no longer have the palpitations and flutters of the heart that have been my constant companions for as long as I can remember.
                    Last edited by honeybuns; 01-28-2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• 167.6 this morning. It looks like neighborhood walks might be the ticket to breaking this plateau. Not that the bums will mind one little bit.

Today is grocery errand day. I WILL find a way to ramble even in the rain and wind.

Comment

• Way to go on BBH !!!! That must feel quite triumphant!!!!

If you don't mind my asking - what is your weight loss goal? How tall are you?
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• I am 5'10". I don't have weight loss goal as much as a "get rid of the flab" goal. I will set any weight loss five pounds at a time. Right now I would be happy to see 165, 160. No way do I want to shoot for my previous weight which was 135, 145. If it happens, it happens.

Comment

• At 5'10" I'd say 160ish a good goal.

I'm 5'3" so I'm shooting for the 135 range. A doctor friend told me the other day that we should weigh around what we weighed when we graduated from high school - as long as that was a healthy weight. I was 120 when I graduated - but then I grew 2 more inches. So I think 135 is a good goal.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Wow. I was at 135 when I graduated from high school. I do not think I want to go back there. Just let me be less flabby and i will be happy at whatever weight that is.

Comment

• Change of plans for today. I was going to stay in and clean. Boring. After getting back from a neighborhood/BBH walk with the two boys I took Tabi into the ravine behind the house and could FINALLY see where the beaver dam is. Crap. They have it across the entire ravine and it has been there a very long time. All anyone has ever done is create small channels through it which clog back up. I have the dishwasher loaded and I am heading into the ravine to open some more channels in it and drain the backup which is causing our hill to slide. After that I will be better able to tell where to plant for slope stabilization.

Wish me luck. I am determined to make a difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X