No announcement yet.

The Next Chapter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't bother with the paleo-ifying of baked goods. I have only tried a couple of things but they were both disasters! If hubby wants something I just make the wheat flour version. I'd like to see him change to a primal way of eating - but he isn't going to. I don't bake often - once a month at best.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• I was thinking the same thing about not even trying to use alternate flours. I will, however, get the einkorn wheat flour to bake with instead of plain old wheat flour. Seems like the people with wheat allergies to modern wheat have no problems with the einkorn wheat.
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• That's a good idea! I'll keep that in mind for my baking needs.

I would like to come up with some chocolaty desserts that are both decedent and primal. But - I'm off chocolate for a while so I'm not thinking in that direction.
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion

Comment

• It is very interesting how much more in control of my body I feel. The scale isn't dropping, the fat deposits are still there but my body feels like a well oiled machine when I use it. I LOVE that feeling!

Comment

• ^ that's where I would like to be! Good job, Honeybuns! You're an inspiration!!!
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by DCarr10760 View Post
              I read in some diet book or other that giving up on any exercise program always starts with a single missed workout. It makes sense really, and it has happened to me many times. One day you just don't feel like it and then the next day and the one after that. Pretty soon I'm out of the habit altogether and I'm sitting on the couch cleaning out the bottom of a Nutella jar with a wheat-thin...

Nope, no more!!!!
              This is where I feel like I have let myself backslide to. There is no good reason why I am not jumping rope or walking the neighborhood or going up and down Buttbuster Hill. No good reason, just excuses. There is a good reason why the RPR's haven't been happening, though. In September all three dogs got very sick from eating mushrooms up there. In October Tabi injured her knee. In December she had surgery. I must change this. I am getting low level activity just from living my life, but in rereading my journal I want the kind of progress I was making while jumping rope consistently. Back at it. I am starting at ten pounds lighter than I was this summer so the progress from doing so will be exciting.

Comment

• Hondo's surgery has been scheduled for mid-March. I have five weeks to not only get big outside things done but to work on getting meals done ahead and in the freezer. Once that surgery happens I will be dealing with a stubborn person who thinks he should be 100% the very next day. I don't want to be having to think about meals while I am trying to deal with stubborness. Does anyone have tried and true freezer meal ideas? Crockpot ideas? I will take whatever help I can get.

Comment

• This time last year I was at 192 pounds. This year I am at 168 pounds. Much better starting place for an active season.

Comment

• Good for you! Seeing such a trend of successful weight loss and fitness stories on here lately! Its wonderful!

Pedidoc is the QUEEN of pre-cooked and portioned meals............. head on over to her journal and ask for some advice.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Off to seek an audience with the Queen. Thanks, Tomi!

Comment

• you betcha! I'm sure she'll have some good advice.

Personally the crock pot is my go to friend in the kitchen!

If you and the hubs eat rice you can make soups and thicken with rice, portion and freeze. I know you do some canning - how 'bout canning up a bunch of stew? One quart would make 2 good sized dinners. You can also can meats. Hubby and I will smoke several whole chickens and then freeze them for easy meals.
                        2. Eat to heal
                        3. Move to live
                        4. Embrace today
                        5. Live with intention
                        6. Respect my body
                        7. Cultivate joy
                        8. Find my passion

Comment

• Day number two of heavy physical labor behind me. Yesterday was about clearing the surface vegetation on this bed. Followed that up with a hot bath. Today was about digging out the roots of the cherry tree that had invaded that bed. Good thing I look sexy swinging a pick. No bath today but I am propped up in bed with hot chocolate giving my hard working muscles a break. This was a nightmare area and nothing about it has been easy but tomorrow I can begin the planting. Oh, no I can't. One more small area to devegetate and half the bed to double dig and then I can plant. So two more days of heavy work before I say "bag it" and be a girl for the day. At the very least spend my day working on inside stuff.

This is a good kind of tired.

Comment

• I am procrastinating. Yes, I need to dig in the dirt. Yes, I need to plant. Yes, I am tired from the last couple of days. That is why I felt that taking the bums for a walk around the neighborhood first sounded like a better idea.

Back at it. See ya.

Comment

• It's good to REST sometimes!
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Rest? What is that?!

Comment

Working...
                                X