Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brooke... One day at a time. Well maybe. :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did what? I'm even more confused.... Haha

Comment

• Post that stuff
      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by brooke.S. View Post
        I stopped taking them 2 weeks ago, after I had the blood sugar spikes. I'm looking into taking an adrenal cortex. A moderator from the yahoo adrenals group recommended over the adaptogens for raising cortisol.

I bought some cantaloupe and have been eating it today... so good. I just found this in one of Peat's articles-

I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption. In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements. It should be remembered that amino acids, especially in eggs, stimulate insulin secretion, and that this can cause hypoglycemia, which in turn causes cortisol secretion. Eating fruit (or other carbohydrate), coconut oil, and salt at the same meal will decrease this effect of the protein. Magnesium carbonate and epsom salts can also be useful and safe supplements, except when the synthetic material causes an allergic bowel reaction..

He confirmed what happens to me after a low blood sugar. If you remember, I said my blood sugar always drops from 3:30-5:00, that's when the salvia test showed a cortisol spike. Anywho, it's all interesting but I'm not sure if I'm going to do many tweaks other than what I'm doing with thyroid meds and cortisol a the moment.
        THat's interesting: I've seen a few times people post here asking if it's possible that eggs could give them a hypoglycaemic reaction!

Glad you're enjoying the melon Do you mean that you're going to see how you go with the meds before you tweak your diet? It's not a bad idea. I never consciously changed my diet to Peat: my body just started signalling to me that it wanted to eat that way!

Originally posted by brooke.S. View Post
        I had read about the T3 Circadian Method about 6 months ago. At the time I didn't realize I had low cortisol in the morning-midday. The premise is that the body needs T3 during the wee hours of the morning for the adrenals to start working properly. The problem is, most that are on thyroid meds usually take their last dose in the evening. This probably isn't too much of a problem if the person is a great T4 converter but from the looks of it, most are not.

I wake up around 6:00am during the week. I already wake up at 5:00am and take T3. So now, I've started waking up at 4:30 and taking it. Each week, I'll move it back another 30 minutes up until I'm at 4 hours before wake up time. At some point, I'll start to notice more energy in the mornings and that means I'm at or close to the proper time for my first T3 dose.

This method can be done with and T3 containing thyroid med except for slow release. I'm using Cynomel because I'm also doing the rT3 protocol. The point T3 Circadian Method is to raise cortisol in the morning, so it's only meant for those with low morning cortisol.

Circadian T3 Method (CT3M or T3CM) for Adrenals--a great way to treat your low cortisol! | Stop The Thyroid Madness

I've gone a little crazy with taking my temps! To check adrenal function, one would check at 3,6 and 9 hours after waking. I check at waking, after exercise, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9.... lol

Ok, maybe not that much! It's does freak me out to see my temperature drop from 97.6 to 97.2! It's recommended to not exercise if you have adrenal fatigue. BUT... I have to, for T1 diabetes. I am cutting back a little on coffee though as it can be worse for adrenal fatigue. Friday instead of 1.5 cups of the strongest coffee ever, I had only 3/4 cup of strong coffee. My temp still dropped during my workout but I was able to do more with out my heart rate getting as high.

I'm on a journey to get to the bottom of all this!
        Good work - really interesting stuff!
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post

Glad you're enjoying the melon Do you mean that you're going to see how you go with the meds before you tweak your diet? It's not a bad idea. I never consciously changed my diet to Peat: my body just started signalling to me that it wanted to eat that way!
          I pretty much eat a Peat inspired diet now. I do get a little kefir and I guess the bananas being more starch.

All my Primal-Peat MDA friends- I just got to help a lady that's in a thyroid facebook group with me. She made a post asking why her fasting blood glucose was always elevated cos' she eats VLC gluten and grain free diet... I surely let her know and I linked some Ray Peat stuff. I was thinking that y'all would be so proud of me.

She's going to try adding in more fruits. Considering that she has major thyroid issues and is not optimized on thyroid meds, low carb is not the answer.
          Last edited by brooke.S.; 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM. Reason: forgot the d in inspired :D

Comment

• Haha that's awesome you are eating that way. I've been consciously shifting towards a Peat diet too. I am going away with family for 10 days, I have a feeling when I come back I'm going to be 100% Peat.

Comment

• Originally posted by brooke.S. View Post
              I guess the bananas being more starch.

All my Primal-Peat MDA friends- I just got to help a lady that's in a thyroid facebook group with me. She made a post asking why her fasting blood glucose was always elevated cos' she eats VLC gluten and grain free diet... I surely let her know and I linked some Ray Peat stuff. I was thinking that y'all would be so proud of me.

She's going to try adding in more fruits. Considering that she has major thyroid issues and is not optimized on thyroid meds, low carb is not the answer.

Good work!
              Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
              X