Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gorbags Corner; not for the faint-hearted...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
    What? - other forums? Where when???
    Oh wait that must have been Gorbox. Sorry I do that all the time.

All the same. Subbed.

Comment

I pulled 505 pound yesterday and without any warm up! Well, to be honest not in Deadlift but in Rack pull from the pins right below the knee cap… Some stupid jerks had left the bar in the power rack with 5 plates on each side and locks too, when I came to warm up with hanging leg raises from the pull up bar on the top of the power rack. Being in a lazy mood I decided to deadlift it to lock-out and walk it in so I could get enough space to do the leg raises. But hey - That was easy! I thought, when pulling the 505 bar to lock-out. So I put back the bar on the pins and repeated the pull for three more reps! It was not planned in my workout yesterday, but I pulled the bastard for two more set of four reps before starting on my routine. No, I know that I am not a strong lifter, and I don’t care much about how much I lift either, but it was a little fun pulling 505 for reps without any warm up… But those jerky power-lifters should remember to de-load the bar hereafter…
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
        Oh wait that must have been Gorbox. Sorry I do that all the time.

All the same. Subbed.
        Welcome to the thread anyway!
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Welcome to the thread anyway!
          Thanks! And good god I need to go to the gym... I'm still working on push-ups...

Comment

De-load time! No weight training today, last week I started to eat less and I also hurt my left elbow, so I have decided to take a couple of days off from the gym and only do the morning cardio. My body composition and general conditioning has improved by doing a high volume routine for the last months, but I think it is time to make some adjustments to the routine, so I am heading for the thinking box right now…

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Listening to some of my favorite music, like the amazing Björk is not a bad idea...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

This is my favourite Björk tune. The video is just beautiful!

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Time for a update again! After being on a high volume, high frequency six day a week routine, I started de-loading on volume last week only going to the gym for 3 days and lowered the morning cardio from 7 days to 5 days only. I felt a bit beaten up, maybe because of reducing food, but also probably because of a latent flu, since everybody around me got very sick from it, but obviously I kind of escaped a full blown illness. So, I have been thinking how to proceed from now, and my plan that I started yesterday, is to reduce a little on the volume; Monday I will now do pull and push movements that targets back, Chest and delts. Tuesday I will target biceps/triceps/forearms and legs. Then for Thursday and Saturday I will do a high volume full body work-out similar to the old school routines of Steve Reeves and the old-timers; around 60-70 sets, and 2 and a half hour. I plan to stay on this for the next four weeks, and after that do four more weeks with 3 days a week full-body workout routine only. The idea behind it is to cashing in latent strength and endurance gains from accumulated fatigue that have been build up through my 5 – 6 days gym workouts and morning cardio…

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Glad you didn't get laid out by the flu. As we continue along this Primal path, we have noticed that we are escaping more and more of whatever bugs are flying around, or they just make us "blah" for a day, and we are good. It is nice.
                    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Since we are swapping favourite Bjork videos...
                      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                        Glad you didn't get laid out by the flu. As we continue along this Primal path, we have noticed that we are escaping more and more of whatever bugs are flying around, or they just make us "blah" for a day, and we are good. It is nice.
                        Yep, everybody here in the office got very sick from the flu, with fever and everything, so I am very happy that I escaped that mess! Before changing my eating habits colds and flus always hit me very hard, so what we put in our bodies matters, no doubt about that....

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                          Since we are swapping favourite Bjork videos..
                          Hey, that's one of my many favorites from her Badgergirl! When the future generations fully discover Bjork's genius, she will be recognized as the greatest musican of our time, no doubt about that at all! Here is Bjorks interpretation of whats going on inside our bodies:

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Last week I started a new 4 days a week combined split and full-body routine, doing a push-pull split that target delts, back and chest on Mondays and triceps, biceps, forearms, quadriceps, hamstrings and calves on Tuesdays. Thursdays and Saturdays I train “full-body” that takes around 2.5 hour to finish a session. The routine will hit bodyparts 3 times a week, same as the routine I did before that had an even higher volume than now. I continue with the morning cardio, stair running, hill sprinting and easy fartslek at the beach, with moderate to high intensity 5-6 days a week. It’s a very nice way to start the day, so I love getting up at 6.30 and doing this for an hour. My weight is now around 215 pound, and my body-composition, strength and endurance is better than ever, even better than in my twenties when I was a semi professional athlete! But instead of focusing on being a competing athlete I am now focusing on training myself for general fitness and general wellbeing, to stay fit and healthy for the rest of my temporary existence!

I found an interesting and funny interview of a Korean judo master on youtube that seems to do fairly well at the age of 64! His “secret” seems to be eating 10 anchovies and drink yogurt for breakfast, so maybe that’s something to try LOL;

Korean Judo Master Interview (HD) - YouTube
                            Last edited by Gorbag; 08-07-2013, 11:57 AM.

- Schopenhauer

Comment

My weight is now around 615 pound,
                              is that a typo? 279 kilogram?
                              When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                              27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                              new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

My 4 days a week routine

Routine 1 (Mondays)
                                Target: chest/upper back/deltoids

Hanging leg raises- 3X20
                                Face pulls with a rope: - 2 X (8/8/8/6), = 2 giant-sets of 30 reps in each, in super-set with “rotator cuff side-twists” - 2 X 10 on each shoulder. (Or Arnold press 2X8-12 in Super-set with dumbbell high pulls - 2X8-12)
                                Bench press - 4 X 8/6/6/6
                                Rack pull - 5X4-6
                                Barbell press behind neck - 4 X 5-8
                                Dumbbell laterals - 4 X 8/8/10/15 in superset with upright barbell row (vide grip): - 4 X 10
                                Pull-ups - 4 X 12 in superset with decline dumbbell press - 4 X 10
                                Pullover - 4 X 12 -15 in superset with sitting cable rows - 4 X 15 /or Chest supported rows - 4 X 8
                                Cable cross-over - 4 X 15 - 20 in superset with rope pull-downs w/stiff arms - 4 X (10/8/8/8) = 4 giant-set of 34 reps.

Routine 2 (Tuesdays)
                                Target: biceps/triceps/forearms/quadriceps/hamstrings/calves

Weighted sit-ups on a decline 3X15
                                Chin-ups 4 X 8-12 in superset with close grip bench press 4 X 8-12
                                Standing barbell curl 4 X 6-8
                                Sitting dumbbell curls 4 X 8-12 in superset with dips on a machine 4 X 15
                                Cable curl 4 X12 in tri-set with rope triceps cable extensions 4 X 12 and rope pushdown 4 X 8
                                Barbell wrist curls 4 X 12 -15 in superset with cable reverse curl 4 X 8-12.
                                Leg extensions 4 X 15 in superset with calf raises on a machine 4 X 25
                                Leg-press 5 X (15/12/10) = 5 tri-set of 37 reps
                                Heel raises on leg-press machine 3 X (15/12/10/8) = 3 giant-set of 45 reps
                                Lying leg curl 3 X 12- 15 in superset with Stiff legged deadlifts 3X8-12

Routine 3 (Thursday)

Target; full body strength, strength endurance, glycogen depletion, fat burning

Hanging leg raises 3 X 20 (or Leg raises lying on bench 3 X 12)
                                Sit-ups on decline 3 X 20 (or cable crunch 3 X 20)
                                Arnold press 3 X 8 -10, in superset with dumbbell high pulls 2 X 10 -12)
                                Barbell press behind neck 4 X 8-12
                                Bent over dumbbell laterals 4 X 8-12
                                Flat bench press - 4x8-12 or decline bench press 4X8-12
                                Flat Dumbbell Flies - 3x8-12
                                pullover on thigh curl machine or pullover with barbell 3X12-14
                                pull-ups 4X10-15
                                One-Arm Dumbbell Row - 3x12-15(or chest supported rows 3X8-12)
                                Pull-downs to chest 3X12-15
                                Standing Barbell Curl - 3x8-12
                                alternate Dumbbell Curl - 3x8-12
                                2-Arm Dumbbell French Press behind Neck - 3x12-15
                                Triceps press down 3X12-15
                                Dips on bench 3X40-50, bodyweight only
                                Dumbbell wrist curls/cable wrist curls 3X12-15
                                Reverse hack squats - 3x15-20
                                Hack Squats - 3x12/12/12/12 (3 sets of 48 reps)
                                Lying leg Curls - 3x12-15
                                Standing Calf Raises - 4x25
                                Good Mornings - 3x8-12

Routine 4 (Saturday)

Target; full body strength and strength endurance, glycogen depletion, fat burning

Sit-ups on decline 3 X 20 (or cable crunch 3 X 20)
                                Face pulls with a rope: 2 X (8/8/8/6), = 2 giant-sets of 30 reps in each, in super-set with “rotator cuff side-twists” 2 X 10 on each shoulder.
                                Seated dumbbell press 4 X 8-12
                                Bent over dumbbell laterals 4 X 8-12
                                Flat bench press - 4x8-12 (or decline bench press 4X8-12)
                                incline dumbbell press 4 X12-15
                                Dumbbell pullover 3 X 20 (or pullover on thigh curl machine or pullover with barbell 3X12-14)
                                Lat. Pull-downs to chest - 4x8-12
                                Dumbbell rows 3X12-15
                                Gironda lat. pulley rows - 3 X (8/8/8/6), = 3 giant-sets of 30 reps in each (or straight arm pulldowns3 X (8/8/8/6), = 3 giant-sets of 30 reps)
                                Preacher curl 3X12-15
                                incline dumbbell curl 3X8-12
                                lying French-press 3X8-12
                                Machine French-press 3X12-15
                                Dips machine - 3x12-15
                                Barbell wrist curls 3 X 8-12
                                leg extensions 3X12-15
                                leg press - 3x12/12/12/12 (=3 sets of 48 reps)
                                Lying leg Curls - 3x12-15(or Romanian deadlifts 3X8-12)
                                calf rises on leg press machine 4X20
                                Last edited by Gorbag; 08-07-2013, 11:56 AM.

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                                X