Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which I EAT MORE FAT! (Nutritional Ketosis)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hungry and all food looks creepy and uninteresting.

Maybe I'll warm up some broth.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

If you sub coffee with green tea, and drink that tea all day, you will still stay up all night. Or I will. DECAF, SELF. LOOK INTO IT.

PROGRESS: when you crave sugar after staying up til 5 am and SATISFY THOSE DARK CRAVINGS WITH...

...two small oranges.

<victory dance>
      Last edited by kalli889; 06-20-2013, 02:42 PM.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

I have white patches on my chest. I was reading on Nameless Wonder's journal that she has these and that she uses Sensun Blue to get rid of them. I don't have that, but I do have coconut oil and thieves oil! So I put a drop of thieves oil into a bit of coconut oil and rubbed it on my skin. It smells divine. I don't think I'm ever buying perfume again. The kicker is this: I had this little patch of sores that wouldn't heal -- now they're healing and almost gone. NATURE!
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Someone made us chocolates out of coconut butter, cacao, chocolate chips, and HONEY ROSE PETALS (she had made rose infused honey and had petals left over after separating them from the honey.)

I had one and it was one of the sexiest, most luxurious chocolates I have ever had in my life.

And it raised my pulse times a million. Too much sugar. Not quite feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack, but there's a thousand hummingbirds in my ribcage at present.
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Ovarian pain is back, along with some uterine cramping. I'm ovulating, and this is happening. Not awesome.

Okay. This is my body telling me something is wrong.

I starting reading WomanCode by Alisa Vitti on how to regulate female hormones with food. I only got the Kindle sample, so I'll have to get the whole book. Very interested...
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

In positive news, I am wearing a size medium yoga top and a) I do not look terrible, and b) I am not asphyxiating.

Wins all around!
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Back to our regularly scheduled fat-eating schedule! I traveled from WA to KS after staying with my brother and my SIL for four months while my brother underwent treatment for brain cancer. I was sad to leave, and anxious about staying in KS for a bit.

I ate some gross things, and had some gross experiences from that (nausea, dizziness, anxiety, inability to concentrate), so now I'm back! I think my high fat WOE would benefit from daily green smoothies, so I am enjoying one now. An herb and baby greens mix (the dill is nice!), half an avocado, and VERY diluted juice for taste.

Boiled some eggs for deviled eggs! Yay! Bought some organic heavy whipping cream, avocados, tuna and mayo! MMM.

Had some Spectrum brand coconut oil in tea last night and threw it out. I found it revolting! I've been using Nutiva, so maybe I'll get another jar of that and use the Spectrum for cooking.
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Ravenous. Remembering that when I first started keto I ate 2300-3000 calories in the first week. Maybe that will be my week?
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Added organic heavy whipping cream back in. Nom Nom. Made a green smoothie with a whole avocado. It made me feel awesome. An avocado a day! So good. Need bacon. BACON! And snausages. MMMM....
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Hi fat, energy once again through the roof!
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• There's a gym here with free boxing. HELL YES.

And my super ripped little brother has started to train me. He's really good, he pushes me really hard but knows when to back off. I felt like I was going to throw up 2-3 during my workout, but that would always be at the last few reps. Then I felt exhilarated. Now I can barely walk from weighted lunges. About the only thing that I was able to keep in WA (surprisingly) was my strong core. All the ab exercises he had me do were the easiest for me (which is not to say they were easy). Looking forward to getting super fit!
                        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• My mom had heart palpitations that scared her badly enough to go to the hospital recently, and her blood pressure is really high and keeps getting higher. She also has rheumatoid arthritis. She went grain-based vegetarian after she left my stepdad, and lost 10-15 lbs. Less junk food, less stress, more sun, lots of grains, legumes and fruits.

Because of the hospital visit and rising blood pressure, we had a living will conversation. I heard her and told her that she could write up a living will and I could receive it.

I also told her what paleo had done for me, and that keto had brought my blood pressure down so low that I HAD to take salt to stay upright, and that both had evened out my moods and given me a lot of energy. I said this is only my story, IF you are interested, and if not, that's okay too.

She said she's pretty happy with how she eats - granola bars and rice cakes and fruits and veggie soups. That sounds fairly Pritkin, yes? Without calling it that? She thinks her low energy and high blood pressure is from an unhappy work situation, and that when she resolves that, she'll resolve her blood pressure. That may be true. That may not. I don't have her metabolism or system, so I don't know. I just know what works for me. I know I was in an unhappy work situation and I lost weight and had energy with paleo. But again, that is only my experience.

So I'm just going to let it go. And eat high fat, low carb, and fight bears and make art.

MMMM, WHIPPED CREAM AND BLUEBERRIES!

UPDATE:

My mom told me that her doctor told her that she was absolutely not to have any coconut oil or avocado whatsoever.

I'm so mad. Doctors are so afraid of fat. Goddammit.
                          Last edited by kalli889; 06-29-2013, 10:20 AM.
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Going to go to Crossfit Intro with my little brother and my SIL tonight. Yay! I think I'm going to invite my mom as well. She's talked about wanting to get ripped...

At any rate, it was good to talk to her about food. I've now got a good stock of cream, avocados, eggs, tuna, and spinach. It's the week before my TOM and I'm feeling groggy. I slept almost all day yesterday. Had baked ziti at my little brother's house the night before, so that's a good reason to have been groggy the night before. Blechhh. Need to start working again to have $$$ to have more control over my food. I feel like I have to say yes to free food because my stores are so low.

In positive news, my mom said I could stay with her while I finish my screenplay. This is pretty major -- her being supportive of our creativity is pretty new. It was weird - we were at the library and she saw a book that she didn't know was pertinent to my screenplay and she mentioned that she thought of getting it for me. I was like THAT'S PERFECT! YES, I WANT IT! Then she brought up wanting to support me while I finish my screenplay. Wow. Scary. I can start on the skeleton now while I do research.
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• My PF is back, and it's throwing everything out of balance. It's made my right knee tender and stiff. And my right hammy is pulled. Painful. No running for me, just walking. I put Daily Tabata Squats and Push-ups into my Wonderful Day app. That app is really helping with new habits.

I wonder if I'm orthorexic, all this obsession about finding "just the right WOE".

High fat eating does make me happier and more stable. This morning I had deviled eggs and bacon and a green drink for breakfast, and I've felt good all day. I'm not really daily logging anymore. Maybe I will again. I just remember that I lost this same 20 lbs last year, not logging, hardly working out, and having wine here and there.

It's actually been nice not to blog and not to focus on food all the time. I've started sewing for the first time, and I've made all these summer clothes for myself. By some patterns I'm a 12, by others a 16. Got triggered by that. But making things is nice. My little brother is teaching me to bead.

I'm staying with my mom for the summer, who is a fruit and grain vegetarian. She bought a separate pan for my meat. That was weird. I guess I get it. Her hair is more brittle, so she'll have an egg here or there now. I have to let her do her thing. She's letting me do mine, so I owe her the same respect. She watched FAT, SICK AND NEARLY DEAD and another food documentary that were about veganism. Hey, if you can be vegan and healthy, more power to you.
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I have two cherry angiomas on my torso that both got so soft I could basically rub the skin away and now they scabbed over and are healing. MYSTERIES!
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X