Zanna's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    What adaptogens are you using? I've had some nice energy boosts from Eleuthero root.

Texting & chatting online is a nice way (IMO) to have brief conversations or conversations throughout the day. It's flirty, I guess. I didn't text much until Hulky and I started dating and it was a nice way to keep in touch while we were unable to hold an actual call or see each other.
    I like ashwaghanda, holy basil oil and maca. Maca is more specifically for female stuff, from what I've been told. I was doing well with that - I have Eleuthero and Rhodiola too, if I want to change what I'm taking, but this had been working. On the chriopractor's recommendation, I've added Korean Ginseng. He said he recommends it to people who have some anxiety because it promotes a focused mental state. It's supposed to be really good for athletes, so I added it before starting back up with rball tournaments. I really like it.

I like the texting but maybe I wasn't flirty enough. The little noise my phone makes when I get a message is like aural crack, ha. I instantly feel a little zing, and was disappointed when I didn't get any more texts after 4-5 days. But . . . I've made a resolution to not waste my time on passive men, so I'm thinking he just wasn't interested enough. C'est la vie

Comment

Maca gave me joint pain and anxiety . I'll look into the others for the sake of it.
      Depression Lies

Comment

Uh oh, I'll have to watch out for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanna View Post
          Uh oh, I'll have to watch out for that.
          We're talking about maca root, yes? I think it affects the thyroid in some way. For some people, that has a good benefit on their sex hormones. For me, I don't think I have thyroid issues, so it created problems. Though I did have low progesterone at one point, but I treated that with Vitex and it doesn't seem to be an issue now (haven't confirmed w/ bloodwork yet).
          Depression Lies

Comment

Oh, interesting. Yes, it's a tincture of maca root. I'll do more research into that. My sex drive is really high, but I think there is a lot that goes into that.

Comment

re: adaptogens the name pretty much says "no one knows how they work"

And, they didn't work for me at all. As in, I literally noticed nothing. Though, some people could react differently. I would imagine individual bio-chemistry could notice a more individualized response to them, ie; if the person is actually low in what it's being targeted towards, though it's no "smart supplement"(low in x raises x, low in y raises y) as people describe, which sounds absurd, because it is. I see people claiming ginseng is the most amazing thing that's ever happened to them, but it's literally flat out useless on me.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
              X