Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 degrees warmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In my opinion nature itself demonstrates the existence of an intelligent Designer. I remember reading long time ago that many scientists freely admit this but to publicly admit such a thing could mean an end to their career. And that his has already happened to a number of scientists who had the nerve to point out the many flaws in the theory of random chance.

    For the Big Bang to have occurred there had to have been something present to cause it. Creationists say it was God. There is no beginning or end in eternity. God is not bound by time, space, or matter, and therefore has no beginning or end.

    Personally I believe the universe, (subsequently the tiny speck that our planet is), being far too complex, did not come into being by some random chance (something from nothing).

    I am certainly not anti-science, but I don't believe in scientism - the belief that science can explain everything there is about the world. Has it actually refuted without any reasonable doubt the existence of God?
    Neither side has all the answers, hence I consider Evolution, for example to be a theory rather than a fact.

    "If I am capable of grasping God objectively, I do not believe, but precisely because I cannot do this I must believe."
    I like that quote!!

    ETA: Some articles I stumbled upon:
    As a scientist I'm certain Stephen Hawking is wrong. You can't explain the universe without God

    Read more: Stephen Hawking is wrong. You can't explain the universe without God | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Why Stephen Hawking is Wrong About God Not Creating the Universe
    Last edited by Graycat; 12-07-2013, 01:19 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
      Haha I like that quote. i think I'll share it with my best friend if you don't mind. He converted to Christianity from being agnostic a few years ago.

      Well even with a little bias. ..even my Christian friends don't really grasp what I'm getting at so I thought it was just a me-never-making-sense subject. Good to know I'm not completely off the grid ha

      Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      You may like Søren Kierkegaard
      Originally posted by Graycat View Post
      In my opinion nature itself demonstrates the existence of an intelligent Designer. I remember reading long time ago that many scientists freely admit this but to publicly admit such a thing could mean an end to their career. And that his has already happened to a number of scientists who had the nerve to point out the many flaws in the theory of random chance.

      For the Big Bang to have occurred there had to have been something present to cause it. Creationists say it was God. There is no beginning or end in eternity. God is not bound by time, space, or matter, and therefore has no beginning or end.

      Personally I believe the universe, (subsequently the tiny speck that our planet is), being far too complex, did not come into being by some random chance (something from nothing).

      I am certainly not anti-science, but I don't believe in scientism - the belief that science can explain everything there is about the world. Has it actually refuted without any reasonable doubt the existence of God?
      Neither side has all the answers, hence I consider Evolution, for example to be a theory rather than a fact.


      I like that quote!!

      ETA: Some articles I stumbled upon:


      Why Stephen Hawking is Wrong About God Not Creating the Universe
      I agree, things seem too well put together for random chance. Modern science is built by teleological rejection, with accepting the physical world as a realm of ceteris paribus, it presupposes the conclusion while getting all purpose from physical nature to fulfill function. This is a causally closed system with no need for efficient and teleological causation.

      People really have lost their jobs over that? Wow.

      I'm going to read your link now.
      Make America Great Again

      Comment


      • lets go ducks
        Make America Great Again

        Comment


        • already 2-0 thats my boys...
          Make America Great Again

          Comment


          • 3-0 hahahaa
            Make America Great Again

            Comment


            • 4-2

              plz no

              Make America Great Again

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                Hi! SmartPowders.com - Buy Nootropics, Adaptogens and Nutrition

                I like aniracetam, oxiracetam, and piracetam. I have, it's the particular use in Russia. Make sure to take choline with it, as it acts on choline receptors.

                DHEA can also be converted peripherally to androstenedione, testosterone, and dihydrotestosterone, and aromatized to estrogen, depending on thyroid function. Pregnenolone is safer.
                Thanks, Derp, that's super helpful! And sorry for the slow response...I keep meaning to be around more but keep not having time. I miss you guys!!! ;_;

                Hey so here's something weird...a friend of mine took some piracetam, and he had the strangest experience. He said that it brought on memories of feelings...like he was re-experiencing feelings he used to have (like past loves and things) and that it would come in waves. Isn't that weird?

                Hope you guys are doing well. I'm going to keep trying to come back to MDA. <3.

                Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

                My journal

                Comment


                • Originally posted by diene View Post
                  Thanks, Derp, that's super helpful! And sorry for the slow response...I keep meaning to be around more but keep not having time. I miss you guys!!! ;_;

                  Hey so here's something weird...a friend of mine took some piracetam, and he had the strangest experience. He said that it brought on memories of feelings...like he was re-experiencing feelings he used to have (like past loves and things) and that it would come in waves. Isn't that weird?

                  Hope you guys are doing well. I'm going to keep trying to come back to MDA. <3.

                  Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                  piracetam works on muscarinic cholinergic receptors which are used in memory processes, so not too weird. I had a similar experience, with sudden remembrance of things all the way back to when I was a really young child.

                  come back soon <3
                  Make America Great Again

                  Comment




                  • this is doing it for me
                    Make America Great Again

                    Comment


                    • refurb lenovo thinkpad 410 with ssd for $50, bretty gud

                      Make America Great Again

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                        refurb lenovo thinkpad 410 with ssd for $50, bretty gud
                        Niiice! Sounds like a great deal!

                        Hi Derp! I'm back with more questions...I feel bad only coming here to ask you questions. But you're the only person I know of who knows all this stuff so, eh, I hope you don't mind?

                        So I had my thyroid and sex hormones tested. My thyroid is almost non-functional. Free T4 is low, but free T3 is even lower. I started taking Cynomel again, and I've worked up to a half 25 mcg tablet a day. I think I'm going to stay at this dose for a while and then get tested again.

                        My sex hormones--estrogen wasn't high, but progesterone was low. DHEA was high though...not sure how that's possible. I just ordered the progesterone oil, and I read this Peat article: Progesterone Pregnenolone & DHEA - Three Youth-Associated Hormones

                        My question is: Do you think the progesterone oil is enough, or should I also take pregnenolone? Is there any reason to take pregnenolone instead of progesterone?

                        Annnd, one more question, sorry. Last time you recommended pregnenolone for a guy who wants to increase his testosterone levels. How would they dose it? In the Peat article I linked to above, it says: "One dose of approximately 300 mg (the size of an aspirin tablet) keeps acting for about a week, as absorption continues along the intestine, and as it is "recycled" in the body. Part of this long lasting effect is because it improves the body's ability to produce its own pregnenolone."

                        Does that mean you would take 300 mg once a week? Sorry if this sounds stupid. It seems like a dumb question...I mean, maybe smaller doses daily would be better?

                        Thanks for helping! <3

                        My journal

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by diene View Post
                          Niiice! Sounds like a great deal!

                          Hi Derp! I'm back with more questions...I feel bad only coming here to ask you questions. But you're the only person I know of who knows all this stuff so, eh, I hope you don't mind?
                          I don't mind!
                          So I had my thyroid and sex hormones tested. My thyroid is almost non-functional. Free T4 is low, but free T3 is even lower. I started taking Cynomel again, and I've worked up to a half 25 mcg tablet a day. I think I'm going to stay at this dose for a while and then get tested again.
                          What were the totals?

                          My sex hormones--estrogen wasn't high, but progesterone was low. DHEA was high though...not sure how that's possible. I just ordered the progesterone oil, and I read this Peat article: Progesterone Pregnenolone & DHEA - Three Youth-Associated Hormones


                          My question is: Do you think the progesterone oil is enough, or should I also take pregnenolone? Is there any reason to take pregnenolone instead of progesterone?
                          Pregnenolone converts to progesterone, no reason to take it.

                          Annnd, one more question, sorry. Last time you recommended pregnenolone for a guy who wants to increase his testosterone levels. How would they dose it? In the Peat article I linked to above, it says: "One dose of approximately 300 mg (the size of an aspirin tablet) keeps acting for about a week, as absorption continues along the intestine, and as it is "recycled" in the body. Part of this long lasting effect is because it improves the body's ability to produce its own pregnenolone."

                          Does that mean you would take 300 mg once a week? Sorry if this sounds stupid. It seems like a dumb question...I mean, maybe smaller doses daily would be better?

                          Thanks for helping! <3
                          I take 500mg doses once a week, myself. For that reason, it's pooled and recycled and stimulates its own production.

                          BTW, pregnenolone is the precursor molecule for all C18, C19 and C21 steroids and has to convert to DHEA(which is readily turned into DHEA-S) before converting to androgens(including estrogen, which is why pregnenolone is safer than DHEA especially in pooled doses). higher thyroid will increase conversion to testosterone due to pressure taken off the adrenal gland which shares the same enzymes needed for conversion and lowering stress hormones and conversion to estrogen

                          sry for late edit if you saw beforehand
                          Last edited by Derpamix; 12-16-2013, 07:16 PM.
                          Make America Great Again

                          Comment


                          • Thanks Derp!!! <3 I'll let my friend know about the pregnenolone.

                            My total T4 was 6.0 ug/dL (lab range was 4.5-12), FT4 was 0.87 ng/dL (0.82-1.77). Total T3 was 76 ng/dL (71-180); FT3 was 2.1 pg/mL (2.0-4.4).

                            My reverse t3 to t3 ratio wasn't too bad. It was around 21, and the stop the thyroid madness site says you want it to be over 20. Reverse t3 was 9.6 ng/dL.

                            It's a freaking miracle that I can still do crossfit. I feel like with these numbers I should be dead. It's no wonder that I can't lose any weight. :banghead:

                            Any insight you have would be greatly appreciated. I hope I don't have Hashi's!

                            It's crazy that all the things Peat says are usually wrong with people are wrong with me...

                            Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

                            My journal

                            Comment


                            • With those labs it wouldn't be. How do you react to the cynomel? Is it noticeable?

                              As for Hashimoto's, did you test your anti-TPO and TgAb?
                              Make America Great Again

                              Comment


                              • My heart rate definitely goes up with the Cynomel, and it's gotten rid of my insomnia. I tested positive for those antibodies, but the levels were pretty low. Does that mean I definitely have Hashi's? Maybe I'm just in denial about it...I mean, no one wants an incurable autoimmune disorder...

                                Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

                                My journal

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X