No announcement yet.

4 degrees warmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you bottle feeding it? Looks really young.

"Spay or neuter your pets"~ Bob Barker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

• Derp you posted a picture of a kitten. Don't you realize what you e done man!?

How did you come across the lil guy? If you haven't already, I recommend a hot water bottle (not too hot) wrapped in a towel to give him something to snuggle next to. Also, what's his name! Sometimes it seems like most of my life has been a home for wayward animals, good for you for taking him in.

Sent from....right behind you....
      You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
        Are you bottle feeding it? Looks really young.

"Spay or neuter your pets"~ Bob Barker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
        I am, she's 4 days old now. All other kittens of the litter were black, this is the only white one. Friends and I think she's siamese.

Derp you posted a picture of a kitten. Don't you realize what you e done man!?

How did you come across the lil guy? If you haven't already, I recommend a hot water bottle (not too hot) wrapped in a towel to give him something to snuggle next to. Also, what's his name! Sometimes it seems like most of my life has been a home for wayward animals, good for you for taking him in.

Stray cat gave birth to a litter of cats, and was nowhere to be found. 3 of them were on our porch. Funny enough, there are 3 of us too, but I already have 2 cats, did have 3, but another stray I was taking care of I found a home for.

The towel idea is good, but we're keeping them sleeping together for the most part. She does like snuggling on the palm of my hand, since it's usually really warm.

Her name is shekels.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

• What a cutie! I can tell it's going to be a very friendly cat

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
            What a cutie! I can tell it's going to be a very friendly cat
            Yeah, I think so too. She keeps sucking on my fingers, which I at first took was a sign she was hungry, but it's not the case. She literally cries for hours when not on the palm of my hand, but she's finally asleep right now with her bros.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Nice Kitten Derpamix! I have a cat too, here is Nacho...

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Nice cat bro, awesome color. Who is the girl?
                Make America Great Again

Comment

• Was i just being rude or is that a "pussy" reference?
                  "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    Nice cat bro, awesome color. Who is the girl?
                    Cats have always fascinated me Derp, and the girl is one of my office assistants on a very hot day! Remember that we have a tropical climate here…
                    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                      Cats have always fascinated me Derp, and the girl is one of my office assistants on a very hot day! Remember that we have a tropical climate here…
                      Same here. I'm jealous of your work environment already.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by CaveBug View Post
                        Derp you posted a picture of a kitten. Don't you realize what you e done man!?

Warmed up some rice in a sock and she's sleeping a lot better. Thanks for the tip.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Aww, good! I used to do animal rehab, lots of babies. We always told the new folks, " just because you are comfortable at room temp doesn't mean a tiny thing is." I love the name too! Shek is so tiny! Whatever milk substitute you use (don't use cow milk, actually get a milk replacement from a pet store) I'm gonna say try feedings every 30 min. Depending on when they wake up and start meeping at you feedings can go longer or shorter.

You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaveBug View Post
                            Aww, good! I used to do animal rehab, lots of babies. We always told the new folks, " just because you are comfortable at room temp doesn't mean a tiny thing is." I love the name too! Shek is so tiny! Whatever milk substitute you use (don't use cow milk, actually get a milk replacement from a pet store) I'm gonna say try feedings every 30 min. Depending on when they wake up and start meeping at you feedings can go longer or shorter.

Yeah, been feeding them every time they meep excessively, which is usually once an hour or so, until they turn their heads. I'm using the KMR brand of replacement milk, do you have any other recommendations or is this good?

We keep them away from the AC vents, and fans, and there are a lot of warmed up blankets in their box right now. One of the male ones is really fattening up, but my kitty seems to want to eat a lot less. Once they're off the formula and such, they'll eat like my other cats do, which is a lot of pet burgers.

Thanks again :3

Last edited by Derpamix; 09-03-2013, 11:53 AM.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Aawwwww! They are so cute! KMR is a good brand, sounds like you're doing great!

Have you actually seen the momma cat? Part of me wonders if this could have been a case of someone's cat having unwanted kittens. We think that's the story behind a kitten randomly showing up at my friend's house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                (I'm a sucker for cats in bad situations...)
                                You always think you can "fix" them. When are you ever going to learn?

Sho tiny and cute!! Poor guys I hope they all make it through.
                                Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Working...
                                X