4 degrees warmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
    I am fertile. I will reproduce with all the men in the village. I will make that sacrifice.
    .... and what about that copper iud now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
      .... and what about that copper iud now?
      Ssshhhhh goddamnit Gray! Excellent fucking wing-woman YOU are...
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• I think it'd probably be better if we did reproduce, that we have multiple mothers so that not all of our offspring are siblings and reproducing with each other
        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
          Ssshhhhh goddamnit Gray! Excellent fucking wing-woman YOU are...

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          I think it'd probably be better if we did reproduce, that we have multiple mothers so that not all of our offspring are siblings and reproducing with each other
          Okay, okay I am going to (reluctantly) make the sacrifice too. I've no clue whether I'm still fertile, though. I haven't had to find out in a very long time.

~~~having mental images of peatarians multiplying like cockroaches now~~~

Comment

Okay, okay I am going to (reluctantly) make the sacrifice too. I've no clue whether I'm still fertile, though. I haven't had to find out in a very long time.

~~~having mental images of peatarians multiplying like cockroaches now~~~
            There is only one way to find out.

(lol'd)
            Make America Great Again

Comment

• How many of you know more than one language or are in the process of learning one? I'm going to be studying German, French, and Japanese via Rosetta Stone and increasing my reaction time to visual or auditory stimuli. It's actually insanely hard, I think I need to spend more time around native speakers, but even a crude understanding is endearing, so I've heard.

Bilinguals see the world in a different way, study suggests
              Bilingualism delays onset of Alzheimer's symptoms, study finds
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• I speak Spanish well (raised by a Mexican woman) though I'm rusty, Japanese moderately well (3 years of study), and am going to take 1st year German this fall. I like languages, but I wish I was more proficient.

Comment

• To become really efficient you probably have to spend lots of time around native speakers, which explains your Spanish. It is much more complex than what you can learn through letters taught. The choice of words, the tone, pauses, and the semantic meanings can only be learned through experience with other native speakers.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    To become really efficient you probably have to spend lots of time around native speakers, which explains your Spanish. It is much more complex than what you can learn through letters taught. The choice of words, the tone, pauses, and the semantic meanings can only be learned through experience with other native speakers.
                    Agreed. No amount of time in a classroom can replace real world application. Luckily my teachers have been heavy on the importance of spending time speaking the language you intend to learn... I had a Spanish teacher in high school who made us learn Spanish idioms which I thought was not only interesting but very practical. Fun facts about that teacher: He grew up in Russia so neither English nor Spanish was his first language and he spent most of class denouncing the government. I was very fond of him.

Comment

• What a bro. I hope big brother didn't get to him :|
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Besides my native language, I also fluently speak English and Romanian. I'm glad I was paying attention in school, cause that's where I learned the correct (for the most part, haha) English grammar, reading, spelling and such. Probably the only useful learning I've gotten out of school. Though it wasn't till I started traveling that I was able to speak it fluently. Living among native speakers helps a lot.
                        I haven't researched it, but I do believe your brain processes speech (and the thought process that goes with it) differently when you talk in a non-native language.
                        I think the only thing I'm still having trouble with is building long sentences properly. I have to second guess myself sometimes.

Om, that's so cool that you can speak Japanese. Can you write in it too?

Comment

• I don't even speak English properly, so don't worry about it. I think you're very legible.

The only language that I'm fluent in is math.
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                            The only language that I'm fluent in is math.
                            That should be good enough. It's the universal language, after all.

Comment

That should be good enough. It's the universal language, after all.
                              Unfortunately, many other people don't bother to learn it very well. You'd be surprised at the sheer number of people who don't even know low level algebra(quadratic equations, pythagoras theorem), or even have poor multiplication and addition skills.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

• I still can't string together long sentences in English. I believe that those who have become fluent in English as a second language speak it far more proficiently than native speakers because we aren't really taught English. We just kind of... pick it up. I joke that I can't become any more proficient than third year in any language which is why I move on - including English. But it isn't a joke. It's true.

I can math real good.

Comment

Working...
                                X