4 degrees warmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
    *leaves puddles of saliva-emulsified coconut oil around your house in the middle of the night*
    Okay, now, that's just wrong.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      Not sure what to think, but coconut oil is slippery...
      Originally posted by diene View Post
      Okay, now, that's just wrong.
      *cackles.... retreats into darkness*
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Almost nothing has a sustainable effect on my sleep, unless it's for the worse. This is fucking frustrating beyond belief, as it's the one thing I can't seem to get control of in regards to my health.
        Hyperthryoidism?
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I'm thinking it's entirely the fault of my unsustainable job hours, I mean, really, shifting schedules, and waking up at 3am sucks no matter how old you are, and eventually it's going to catch up to me.

I guess it already has.
          I used to work at a glass plant. We had 12-hour shifts. 5am-5pm and 5pm-5am. Every two weeks, we switched.

Sleeping on that schedule was tough, but I've found THC to be a great supplement in this regard.
          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by aliphian View Post
            I used to work at a glass plant. We had 12-hour shifts. 5am-5pm and 5pm-5am. Every two weeks, we switched.

Sleeping on that schedule was tough, but I've found THC to be a great supplement in this regard.
            We used to run a shift similar to that one. Then we changed to 8 hour shifts but we switched day and night every week. Now that is a grade A way to destroy a person.

When I was taking flexoril for an injury, I slept like the dead, and apparently it gives most people extremely vivid dreams. My dreams are already pretty wild so other than remembering them upon semi waking into the sleep zombie mode in the morning the only difference was lack of pain and presence of deep sleep.

The only thing I've found really helps with my sleep quality is the reverse alarm so that I turn off all the lights, including technology, eight hours before I have to get up. It's not 100%, but sometimes just being in a dark room puts me to sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
              Hyperthryoidism?
              I don't think so, I'll take more t3 to see if it helps with sleep.

I'll try more THC, but I think my tolerance for it is too high... Pun not intended, as it never even makes me high anymore.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• Get some canni oil and start supplementing orally. The dude who cures cancer says he wants to work up to 2g a day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
                  Get some canni oil and start supplementing orally. The dude who cures cancer says he wants to work up to 2g a day!
                  That might make me stoned.

Took t3, and fell asleep within 20 minutes, pretty impressive, but here I am, at 12am awake after 4 hours of sleep.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

Are you ok?

New York?
                    Haha yeah I'm good. I'm in the army and we had a massive surprise room inspection. I see now how that did kind of look like a drug bust...

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                      Haha yeah I'm good. I'm in the army and we had a massive surprise room inspection. I see now how that did kind of look like a drug bust...
                      Nothing quite like a surprise violation of privacy.
                      Heyy just wanted to ask Derpapedia, do you know any stuffs about ashwagandha extract? Zach says he takes it but I wanna know your thoughts too. I took some last night and it made me sleepy, but then today I was rockin it at the gym... Soooo thoughts???!
                      I never took it, but I've heard it's a GABA agonist and helps with stress related memory problems by masking as a AChE inhibitor. It supposedly lowers prolactin and increases testosterone too, but too high of a dose has the opposite effect.

I don't really bother with these sorts of supplements, they don't do anything for me. Could be for a variety of reasons.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• My wallpaper, isn't it lovely?

Full size:

http://i.imgur.com/bUq9QjB.jpg
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Me likey!

What are your favourite visual novels? (Have I ever talked about my infatuation with "The Sandman"?)
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Katawa Shoujo of course. You haven't, didn't know you liked DC(friend would be mad)

Most fucked up game ever made:

Saya no Uta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

Katawa Shoujo of course. You haven't, didn't know you liked DC(friend would be mad)

Most fucked up game ever made:

Saya no Uta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              Ever hear of Umineko? My friend introduced me to it. Pretty cool and deep and crazy as all hell.

Comment

• Wow, I checked it out. I didn't realise there was a difference between visual novels and graphic novels! Just downloaded it A whole new world at my disposal

(Have you read "THe Sandman"?)

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X