4 degrees warmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fuck themselves?

Seriously though, I don't think that teaching humanity just one thing will do anything. Humanity is so fucked that they need to be taught a bunch of things.

But, seriously, I guess, if this is even possible (which it is not), I would teach them to see the truth--the way things are as opposed to how they appear to be. This is based on the assumption that once they see the truth, they will then do the right thing. But I think that is a fallacy. It probably won't do a damn thing. Will probably make things worse, actually.

In any case, not really possible anyway. I don't think any human is capable of seeing the truth all the time, you know. It's one of those innate limitations...the human condition.

So fuck themselves it is!

Teaching them to mind their own business is actually a good one though.

My journal

Comment

• Im like the aliens from Independence Day. "Peace, no peace. Dieeeeee."

Comment

• This thread warms my heart. Although that could be the whiskey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          Anyway, I have a question for anyone who wants to answer. If you could teach all of humanity one thing, what would it be?
          I think that would be a futile effort. But given that there is a guarantee they'll learn, I'd teach them to stop treating our planet like a dump. And the people with means and most people in the West both rich and poor - stop this excessive, 'more', 'bigger', 'supersized' consumerism crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            Going to use both??
            Nah, I'll swap it out when this one's been worn out (which cannot possibly be anytime soon!)
            Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
              I think that would be a futile effort. But given that there is a guarantee they'll learn, I'd teach them to stop treating our planet like a dump. And the people with means and most people in the West both rich and poor - stop this excessive, 'more', 'bigger', 'supersized' consumerism crap.
              This would be it for me too. We could all live sustainably if we didnt do all the ridiculous bullshit that we do now. No more fast food, every yard is a garden, mandatory organic, sustainable resources (hemp, bamboo, etc), stop wasting money on wars, big business, war on drugs, big pharma, etc. the list could go on and on but its all really simple and no brainer shit, yet we completely cannot comprehend this concept at a world level.

Comment

• diene's answer is actually the one I picked for myself, too. And, it would work without fail, as in, it would be inserted into their minds and lives, so no chance for fail what they learn, as opposed to just trying to teach them something and having it fall on deaf ears, like usual.
                Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                  This thread warms my heart. Although that could be the whiskey...
                  Really??

Yeah, it's definitely the whiskey.

Nah, I'll swap it out when this one's been worn out (which cannot possibly be anytime soon!)
                  I feel so speshul ^-^
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• You are very speshul...

Comment

• s-sugoi

Make America Great Again

Comment

• yare yare...

Comment

• 電話番号は何番ですか。
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

• you didn't even do that right... if you do, maybe i'll tell you.

Nice sig quote, by the way.

Comment

• I'm no good at Japonese, at least I got it somewhat close. Maybe you can explain it to me... over the phone.

I know, right
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

• The translator gave you an extraneous word, which most do.

電話番号は何ですか。
                                or 電話番号おください would be directly asking to receive that information from me.

So, 電話番号おください

Comment

Working...
                                X