4 degrees warmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
    110, ouch! It was 98 and windy here, but I spent the day in Barstool, where it was 108 and muggy.

Is your wife down too?
    Naturally, I wouldn't have married her otherwise.

I can dig the snow, I love it, yes, even freezing.
    A-fucking-men. Some of my fondest memories are of the winter of 2009. Reno. Walking out of a steamy bedroom onto my balcony. Negative 20 degrees. Smoking a cigarette in my boxers. God, I miss those days.

I was out watering my garden at 6:30 this morning. Sweating. Fuck.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
      By all means, roam to the East Coast, but don't move here. It sucks here. Terrible. I mean, if you think the dry heat of Southern California is bad, wait till it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity. It's the humidity that kills you, every time. It gets so humid here in the summertime that you're sweaty again 10 seconds after stepping out of the shower. Disgusting.

And the winters--if it snows, it's pretty for 10 minutes and then all the traffic turns the snow into this disgusting slush. Then they put salt on the sidewalk to get rid of the ice, and the salt gets all over your shoes and clothes. And if you have to stand outside for more than 10 minutes your hands start to hurt like your fingers are gonna fall off.
      Yup. I'm in the northeast and we've had week and a half of rain with sticky humidity. Blech.

Comment

• Just not the South....anywhere but. Derp, I have the feeling you'd like some places in Eastern Europe.

Comment

• It's been DEATHLY hot here, I agree. I live in a 2 story house with no AC and my bedroom has a single west facing window. That means my bedroom is 90 degrees pretty much around the clock. DEATH.

So, I was in a car accident on Thurs night with a drunk driver and that is why I have not been posting here. I've had a lot of trouble eating, lots of anxiety around sleep and food (finding it difficult to sleep or eat) and so I've been eating a strange grab bag of things. Fruit, baguette with pesto, more fruit, popeyes chicken, more fruit, more fruit, and pints of ice cream at random times. The only thing that has stayed the same is my morning coffee, otherwise my food schedule and desire has become totally wack.

That hot chocolate idea sounds fab, Zach, what with the maple syrup etc. I'll give it a try.

Today is my first day back at work since the accident and I'm loopy from meds and miserable to be here. At least it's air conditioned here.
          yay!

Comment

• Derp, gehen Sie nach Hause zu unserem Vaterland!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
              Derp, gehen Sie nach Hause zu unserem Vaterland!
              I live in the Vaterland. It sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by sauerKraut View Post
                I live in the Vaterland. It sucks.
                :O blaspheme!

What dont you like about it and where do you live?

Comment

• I live in Austria.... it's kind of boring, during winter it gets increadibly cold and depressing.

But what really, really bothers me is the german language. It just makes life too serious ;D

Comment

• Originally posted by aliphian View Post
                    Naturally, I wouldn't have married her otherwise.

A-fucking-men. Some of my fondest memories are of the winter of 2009. Reno. Walking out of a steamy bedroom onto my balcony. Negative 20 degrees. Smoking a cigarette in my boxers. God, I miss those days.

I was out watering my garden at 6:30 this morning. Sweating. Fuck.
                    Sounds perfect. I miss smoking in cold, high altitude, it goes down so smooth.
                    Just not the South....anywhere but. Derp, I have the feeling you'd like some places in Eastern Europe.
                    Yeah, I agree, I think it's my destiny. I have had a lot of experiences with people from there, for a reason, probably.

It's been DEATHLY hot here, I agree. I live in a 2 story house with no AC and my bedroom has a single west facing window. That means my bedroom is 90 degrees pretty much around the clock. DEATH.

So, I was in a car accident on Thurs night with a drunk driver and that is why I have not been posting here. I've had a lot of trouble eating, lots of anxiety around sleep and food (finding it difficult to sleep or eat) and so I've been eating a strange grab bag of things. Fruit, baguette with pesto, more fruit, popeyes chicken, more fruit, more fruit, and pints of ice cream at random times. The only thing that has stayed the same is my morning coffee, otherwise my food schedule and desire has become totally wack.
                    Man, that's terrible, I hope you get well soon.
                    Derp, gehen Sie nach Hause zu unserem Vaterland!
                    Ja
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

• Kitty, I'm so sorry. I hope you're recovering quickly!

I've always wanted to visit Germany - I'm actually taking intro German this fall.
                      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• I'm studying German and more French this weekend and the falling. I'm going to try some of Peat's memory stacks, with a few additional touches, so hopefully it doesn't take that long.

Problem is, of course, pronouncing them with my horrible accent and drawl. Fuckin' California. Hopefully time away from here, will make it go away, so at least I'll just sound like a stoner outside California.

Maaaan
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Like, totally. I've found that my (disgusting) CA accent diminishes as I spend time away from CA and CA-ns. However, I now seem to have taken on somewhat of a Hawaiian accent instead... *shrugs* Just go with it.

Comment

• I'd love to get inside people with my Californian accent, and change them from the inside
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

• A Californian accent is like herpes; you're not meant to keep it to yourself.

Comment

• Definitely not going to put a condom on it
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X