No announcement yet.

4 degrees warmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be indoors eating, and going to fall asleep so well afterwards.
    Make America Great Again

Comment

• More reasons to try some adaptogens.

"Eleuthero is used to increase energy and is one of the best adaptogens for athletes under stress. It increases endurance and stamina, enhances mitochondrial activity, speeds recovery, and prevents immune system depletion from excessive training. It can be combined with cordyceps, rhodiola, or schisandra to enhance athletic performance.

Rhodiola increases mitochondrial activity, muscular ATP and creatine levels – resulting in enhanced physical strength and endurance. It also increases blood supply to the brain and muscles."

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
        More reasons to try some adaptogens.

"Eleuthero is used to increase energy and is one of the best adaptogens for athletes under stress. It increases endurance and stamina, enhances mitochondrial activity, speeds recovery, and prevents immune system depletion from excessive training. It can be combined with cordyceps, rhodiola, or schisandra to enhance athletic performance.

Rhodiola increases mitochondrial activity, muscular ATP and creatine levels – resulting in enhanced physical strength and endurance. It also increases blood supply to the brain and muscles."
        Caffeine is an adaptogen.

Some personal reflections:

I've had people comment that I'm less pessimistic. I'm still pessimistic, but I've managed to turn it into a sort of dry sarcastic humor that is perceived as funny by most, even if they don't quite get it. This could be the tone of my voice, or just the way I phrase everything. Or it could just be that I've ran out of energy to care, and have embraced apathy. Not sure which, as I've never really felt apathetic as a trait, just a momentary state of mind, or only about certain things. The unimportant long term, yet still fleeting binds -- friendships(I can normally deduce when someone is a long term friend, or just an acquaintance), jobs(I don't stay in one place too long, and I know these are just stepping stones), environment/home(I've yet to find a place that legitimately "feels" like home, a place where I belong, when it comes to this, only company with loved ones, and I know these can be taken away just as easily).

I'm not as impatient. Everything falls into place when it's in your control, and when it's not, there is nothing you can do except move with the flow, so there is no sense in being impatient no matter how short I feel my time here is. This means, I no longer feel that itch, or irritation when waiting for something. Maybe I've just accepted time is not an external reality. Though I still have anxiety, in the classic sense, accompanied by fear, and nervous habits.

Still depressed.

I'm probably still an insufferable douchebag, but at least now I've found company in insufferable douchebags.

No longer feel as tired, even when I don't sleep, physically, or mentally.

For senses, my hearing is definitely better. I originally thought I was just becoming a better listener when I needed to be, but, it's not just that. I've had problems with hearing most of my life due to infections in my ears as a child. It's not a debilitating disorder, but, it was certainly annoying when I couldn't hear things as clearly as others did, and when people were quiet I'd need to ask them to speak up or repeat themselves. Sounds are more audible in general. Crisper, more vivid, and I appreciate music more for the sound than just the lyrics since with good audio equipment I can actually hear the emotion in music.

Sight is the same, I've always had outstanding vision, despite spending most of my life in front of a monitor of sorts in a darkened room -- though I've definitely started to appreciate imagery more for each subtle detail. Everything can be interpreted as art, but this is more a state of mind, I think.

Touch is more sensitive with the increase in skin elasticity and temperature. This causes me to be more jumpy and anal about being touched though. I'm really ticklish.

Taste is definitely "improved". Both in ability to sort through foul tastes, textures, and in knowing when something is not good for me to eat, even if it's seen as good tasting by other people. I don't want to elaborate much here, since it'll just make me seem like one of those paleo people who find that things they once enjoyed they can't eat anymore and never crave any sweets. That's definitely not the case with me, I just definitely can appreciate favorite foods more.

Smell is a lot better, but this is just recent, and because niacinamide, aspirin, and tobacco have cleared up my allergies and nasal pathways. I can actually smell flowers now, I never was able to, and the only thing I could detect were unusually foul odors from things I wasn't accustomed to, ie; people. This has been amplified unfortunately.

I have more things to write about subtle differences, and I'll attribute these to less vague causes, but I figured I'd jot these as a way to get more in tune with my body, since I believe this is a crucial step in health and noticing the effects of everything I, and others are doing in this journey.
        Last edited by Derpamix; 06-30-2013, 01:09 AM.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Dreaming:

I had a dream literally everything was melting, as in, it looked like my entire dream was running water off a window, with detectable heat waves. This is definitely because it was way too fucking hot, still is. I think it's 85 degrees right now, and it's 1am. After the dream, and probably during, my head was very warm, and I felt clicking in it, as well as heard. Was woken up by an electric shock sensation, so I'll probably have a bizarre deja vu flashback later today.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by CiKi90
            Wow, so you guys are really doin the competition? I can't believe it! I couldn't even imagine eating like that. I think I would have a nervous breakdown afterwards and never stop exercising. Errr, that was neurotic. Anyway. How much of that do you think you can reasonably eat within the 1-hour time limit? I feel like if I was really hungry, and doing it on purpose, I could get through maybe 4 bars of chocolate, 1/2 a gallon of ice cream, 1lb of dates, and ... that's probably it, lol. But that's still a lot of food!

Have you ever watched Megatoad on YouTube? Oh my gods, that kid can put away some food! Watch him. Study him.
            Sorry for the late reply, but I just watched that guy and wow, iron stomach.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

• you ever lived or even visited anywhere besides cali?

Comment

• Just Nevada
                Make America Great Again

Comment

• I always thought of Nevada as a dusty, grim kind of place to live. Kind of like the hot weather version of the Dakotas.

Comment

• Dude, you need to roam.

Comment

• It is, I just visited, never lived there. Fuck that.

Dude, you need to roam.
                      yeah, I do, man
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

More reasons to try some adaptogens.

I just ordered Eleuthero, rhodiola and holy basil. I can't wait to get them in. Holy basil is supposed to be good for blood sugar regulation too. I'm hoping these will help me somewhat in m workouts... I've felt drained a lot lately and can't sem to push myself as hard as I'd like.

Comment

Dude, you need to roam.
                          I need to roam too... but not enough money and I have a job I have to go to, so I can have the money I do have.

Derp, Do you think you are depressed because of outward causes or inward (such as brain chemicals)...or a mix of both?

Sounds like all your senses are working better! I don't know that I'm aware enough to even notice mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by brookesam View Post
                            I just ordered Eleuthero, rhodiola and holy basil. I can't wait to get them in. Holy basil is supposed to be good for blood sugar regulation too. I'm hoping these will help me somewhat in m workouts... I've felt drained a lot lately and can't sem to push myself as hard as I'd like.
                            Thats a good stack. Sub in ashwagandha for holy basil every once in awhile. I just picked up eleuthero as ell to see if it will help in the gym.

Comment

• Originally posted by brookesam View Post
                              I need to roam too... but not enough money and I have a job I have to go to, so I can have the money I do have.

Derp, Do you think you are depressed because of outward causes or inward (such as brain chemicals)...or a mix of both?

Sounds like all your senses are working better! I don't know that I'm aware enough to even notice mine.
                              It's tough to say, it'd be hard to single out a chemical imbalance between any of the 100+ neurotransmitters that have been identified. It's not low levels of serotonin though, for sure. Most likely a combination of both. I've had sort of a rough life in all aspects.

I wasn't either, until I wrote them out without really thinking about it.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

• I agree you need to get the F out of the desert. If you ever want to roam up to WA, MN, PA, or London, Im sure there would be someone who'd be willing to take you in.
                                Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Working...
                                X