No announcement yet.

4 degrees warmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just one of those nights where you stupidly had hopes for good events, but nothing lived up to expectations or went the way you wanted it to.

That's Newport Beach, so south.
    Make America Great Again

Comment

• Lets see the hair.

Comment

• I wish my night had been as shitty as yours.
        The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• I'll post my hair when I get home. Also, aliphian my night was really boring and lack of sleep.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            Also, aliphian my night was really boring and lack of sleep.
            Ahh. I was half joking. I had a large serving of boredom as well but I capped it off with an 8 hour sleep
            The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by aliphian View Post
              Ahh. I was half joking. I had a large serving of boredom as well but I capped it off with an 8 hour sleep
              Lucky

Also, my hair:

I've done this before
              Make America Great Again

Comment

Lucky

Also, my hair:

I've done this before
                Hey derp,
                You mentioned that you went LC for a little while. Did you experience any hair loss during that time? And if so, how long did it take you to reverse it? I definitely had some hair loss during my LC adventure..

Comment

• Hey, yeah, I would say I lost about 50% density in both temples, and experienced ~30-40% thinning throughout the crown. I think it's a normal reaction to stress, hair is usually your bodies first way of telling you something is wrong. I ignored it at first, like an idiot, mostly because I was always used to my hair growing back like weeds.

What I did, after fixing my diet, was vigorously massage my scalp, apply caffeine topical(espresso dissolved in water and alcohol), applied topical t3(t3 dissolved in vitamin e, with progesterone), used ketoconazole shampoo(revita or regenepure, whichever was cheaper) 5mg of biotin a day, and played around with MSM for a little while. Also, loaded up on the b vitamins in addition to making sure my electrolytes, blood sugar, and minerals were replete.

It took about 3 months to regain most density throughout, because my body is pretty resilient(as seen in the pic), and probably about 8 months for the weird cowlicks that developed on my temples to go away(it was something resembling a chemo patient -_-)

Either way, no one noticed except me. Usually with stress related hair loss it takes 6 months to a year to regrow the lost hair. Patience and staying on top of it is key. Though, fixing the problem, usually it will just reverse itself normally, unless it's MPB.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Btw, if you're up for experimenting, you can try c60 on the scalp, many anecdotal reports showing that even oral consumption has reversed bald spots in people that haven't had active folicles in decades. Seems promising. When I applied it to my skin, it made it feel so smooth and clean, I'm probably going to try using a dermaroller and applying it to my scalp, since c60, I believe(according to google) is 720.64 g/mol and the dalton 500 rule applies for skin absorption.

http://owndoc.com/

Some things.
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

Hey, yeah, I would say I lost about 50% density in both temples, and experienced ~30-40% thinning throughout the crown. I think it's a normal reaction to stress, hair is usually your bodies first way of telling you something is wrong. I ignored it at first, like an idiot, mostly because I was always used to my hair growing back like weeds.

What I did, after fixing my diet, was vigorously massage my scalp, apply caffeine topical(espresso dissolved in water and alcohol), applied topical t3(t3 dissolved in vitamin e, with progesterone), used ketoconazole shampoo(revita or regenepure, whichever was cheaper) 5mg of biotin a day, and played around with MSM for a little while. Also, loaded up on the b vitamins in addition to making sure my electrolytes, blood sugar, and minerals were replete.

It took about 3 months to regain most density throughout, because my body is pretty resilient(as seen in the pic), and probably about 8 months for the weird cowlicks that developed on my temples to go away(it was something resembling a chemo patient -_-)

Either way, no one noticed except me. Usually with stress related hair loss it takes 6 months to a year to regrow the lost hair. Patience and staying on top of it is key. Though, fixing the problem, usually it will just reverse itself normally, unless it's MPB.
                      Thanks man, I'll definitely try some of this stuff out.

Before LC I as used to having thick hair that wouldn't stop growing, like yours. I started noticing it thinning, and then others noticed too, and it never hit me that I never had this problem until LC. Just wanna be a 21 year old who's not going bald like a 70 year old haha

Comment

• Originally posted by cheffy View Post
                        Thanks man, I'll definitely try some of this stuff out.

Before LC I as used to having thick hair that wouldn't stop growing, like yours. I started noticing it thinning, and then others noticed too, and it never hit me that I never had this problem until LC. Just wanna be a 21 year old who's not going bald like a 70 year old haha
                        I feel you man. I took such an adverse reaction to VLC, it was tragic, dude. I couldn't believe I put myself through that. Taught me a valuable lesson though: never jump into something without researching it first. I would have been so much happier eating CW/SAD and healthier too. Now, I've had to take drastic measures just to get back to the state I was in before, when I wasn't even health conscious lol.

My hair even started to grey in places too, I have a feeling that if I didn't stop my skin was next. Luckily copper peptides and lots of beef liver fixed that for me, it just took a while, and quite a few haircuts until the greys stopped growing in.

We're both young, better things to worry about than this shit.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

I feel you man. I took such an adverse reaction to VLC, it was tragic, dude. I couldn't believe I put myself through that. Taught me a valuable lesson though: never jump into something without researching it first. I would have been so much happier eating CW/SAD and healthier too. Now, I've had to take drastic measures just to get back to the state I was in before, when I wasn't even health conscious lol.

My hair even started to grey in places too, I have a feeling that if I didn't stop my skin was next. Luckily copper peptides and lots of beef liver fixed that for me, it just took a while, and quite a few haircuts until the greys stopped growing in.

We're both young, better things to worry about than this shit.
                          Seriously, it sounds like we went through the same things, you're just a bit further than me right now lol

I wouldn't have developed an eating disorder, had I just continued on in SAD. Granted, I'm glad to now what I know now, but it's just ironic that something that promised me superior health, a hot bod, and super powers, got me in such a bad state. And the saddest part is I just kept trying to make it work, even though it never did (other than the stress hormone euphoria in the beginning). I have give up on paleo/primal and went back to it several times, while also discovering peat/roddy in the middle of all that mess. The only reason I still come to MDA is because I enjoy the differing views and discussion, such as yours and Zachs'.

I'm just starting to notice my body getting to a better composition, and my greys stopped growing in. I THINK (hope) my hair is beginning to get a little thicker again, but I'm not completely sure.

The biggest thing this has taught me is to keep an open mind when it comes to nutrition, and even life in general.

...and don't demonize macronutrients...

Comment

• The t3 will definitely help bro, it was probably numero uno in recovering for me.

I just tried ketosis for basically the same reason, dogma and placebo is a very powerful thing. One person claims x does something amazing, and suddenly it spreads like wild fire and gets better and better with each passing lie. I think only really sick older people probably benefit from ketosis, and, only in that, they're choosing to mask the problem, instead of fix it.

That's good. I started, and kept posting here, despite all the BS I took(I was suspended 3 times for 3 weeks just for arguing with Paleobird and other people I can't remember) just so that hopefully some more open-minded people took the right message away and don't make the same mistakes I did. 'Cause honestly, ketosis is not the right answer for everyone, and "EAT MOAR FAT" doesn't solve anything. This forum has actually gotten better with the VLC dogma, now people can at least acknowledge it's not always the best choice. Small steps.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

The t3 will definitely help bro, it was probably numero uno in recovering for me.

I just tried ketosis for basically the same reason, dogma and placebo is a very powerful thing. One person claims x does something amazing, and suddenly it spreads like wild fire and gets better and better with each passing lie. I think only really sick older people probably benefit from ketosis, and, only in that, they're choosing to mask the problem, instead of fix it.

That's good. I started, and kept posting here, despite all the BS I took(I was suspended 3 times for 3 weeks just for arguing with Paleobird and other people I can't remember) just so that hopefully some more open-minded people took the right message away and don't make the same mistakes I did. 'Cause honestly, ketosis is not the right answer for everyone, and "EAT MOAR FAT" doesn't solve anything. This forum has actually gotten better with the VLC dogma, now people can at least acknowledge it's not always the best choice. Small steps.
                              To be honest when I first saw some of your posts it was back when I was still avoiding sugar, and binging. I just thought you were a troll. And I thought you were a girl lol. But I finally figured things weren't going to work out for me, and I figured I'd look into Peat's work again, and I noticed Zach's journal, then yours, and well now here I am lol. Thanks again.

Comment

• I think the reason a lot of people are hesitant about low-carb not being so beneficial after all is because they are still getting some results, especially the ones they're ultimately after: weight loss.

Will not lie, I was in the best shape of my life when I was ketogenic. But at the cost of my health (body AND mind). That's not what Primal is supposed to be.

And yeah, not to mention eating disorders and the relationship with food... I never "binged" or "craved" food before going low-carb. It. Just. Didn't. Happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X