No announcement yet.

4 degrees warmer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That'd take the fun out of one of my favorite hobbies though...
    Prancing around in your underwear?

My penis is currently out on loan atm, sorry
    I'll give it back when I'm done, diene!
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      Tastes better, and you can add different fruit juices to it to change it up. The problem with packaged gummy bears is that they always taste stale and are hard... My penis is currently out on loan atm, sorry

Which? Always interested in saving money.

Somehow I just naturally gravitated to this part. Familiarity seemed to be the theme for your dreams until the last part. Maybe that's foreseeing!
      Okay, I'm definitely making those gummy things today.

The gelatin--Hoosier Hill Farm:
      Hoosier Hill Farm Natural Beef Gelatin 1 Lb. (unflavored): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Hah! I bet most guys gravitated toward that part!

Originally posted by ombat View Post
      I'll give it back when I'm done, diene!
      Great, we can pass around Derp's penis to use as a mold for the gummy things?

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
        Um, yeah, sure, that's what I was doing with it...
        Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanna View Post
          Ooh, cryptocurrency - there's a market for that. I think it's still a pretty black market, or dark grey anyway but a market nonetheless.
          Yeah, bitcoins are the really popular ones atm. They keep trying to take them down, good luck on that. Only problem is the exchange for me, plus exchanging for items(unless in the depth of the internet, in an unnamed dark corner) for some less than approved items.

Prancing around in your underwear?
          That, and being a nefarious internet pervert.

It is pretty good for that.

Um, yeah, sure, that's what I was doing with it...
          W-whoa!

Thanks for the link to the gelatin, diene!
          Last edited by Derpamix; 06-11-2013, 06:05 PM.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

• oh god this san antonio spurs performance tonight is making me wet

http://i.imgur.com/Mz7LMWY.jpg
            Last edited by Derpamix; 06-11-2013, 08:32 PM.
            Make America Great Again

Comment

• So, um, yeah, never mind about the Hoosier farm gelatin recommendation. The reason that I thought it tasted fine was because I've been making really soft jello--so one tablespoon of gelatin in a whole lot of liquid. Well, I made firmer jello last night with more gelatin, and it does have a weird smell. And I can see why you'd describe it as tasting like puke. It's a pretty gross smell, and food rarely grosses me out. I think fermented cod liver oil tastes just fine, for example. But, yeah, the gelatin, gross. I was able to cover up the smell with a bunch of almond extract, but it probably won't work with just fruit juice and certainly not for the gummy things.

So Knox it is.

My journal

Comment

• So Derp, how much gelatins do you think is good for daily supplementation? I have about 2-3tablespoons daily, but that Ray Peat article you linked to seems to indicate a much higher level. I do eat bone broth and other sources but he recommends a high level. Incidentally, that's why I don't do the gummy candy thing. I'd have to eat a huge amount to get what I currently take via mixing with hot liquids.

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                  So, um, yeah, never mind about the Hoosier farm gelatin recommendation. The reason that I thought it tasted fine was because I've been making really soft jello--so one tablespoon of gelatin in a whole lot of liquid. Well, I made firmer jello last night with more gelatin, and it does have a weird smell. And I can see why you'd describe it as tasting like puke. It's a pretty gross smell, and food rarely grosses me out. I think fermented cod liver oil tastes just fine, for example. But, yeah, the gelatin, gross. I was able to cover up the smell with a bunch of almond extract, but it probably won't work with just fruit juice and certainly not for the gummy things.

So Knox it is.
                  Ah, thanks for the warning. Tbh, I was off put by the "beef" part, even if unflavored.

So Derp, how much gelatins do you think is good for daily supplementation? I have about 2-3tablespoons daily, but that Ray Peat article you linked to seems to indicate a much higher level. I do eat bone broth and other sources but he recommends a high level. Incidentally, that's why I don't do the gummy candy thing. I'd have to eat a huge amount to get what I currently take via mixing with hot liquids.
                  32-64g of gelatin protein daily.

(4-8 packets of Knox)
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Im aiming for 2 boxes a day (64g). So far just been either putting it in coffee or in warm milk with blackstrap. Making some jello and gummies soon.

Comment

• Wow, that's a lot of gelatin. I have to get more creative. And cheaper - you could go broke doing that with Great Lakes.

Comment

• Knox is cool. If you buy small boxes, it's more expensive, but it's like 2.50 for 4 packets. 32 packet box costs 8.99 at Safeway/Vons
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Any bit should help, but I think the dose should be significantly higher for full benefits especially in balancing out inflammatory amino acids.
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                            Knox is cool. If you buy small boxes, it's more expensive, but it's like 2.50 for 4 packets. 32 packet box costs 8.99 at Safeway/Vons
                            $1.79 per 4 packet box here. Dang your getting it almost half price!

Comment

• Yeah, the big box is a good deal there.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

• I had somehow missed the Krewella link. My favorite workout song atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X