Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
    NOW brand tastes even worse
    That's what I take, but in capsules. Anything bad about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanna View Post
      Yah, way too expensive. I wanted the grass-fed stuff so I buy it, but a can of it barely lasts a month. I should experiment with the gummy candy stuff, but I've been trying to et a certain amount of gelatin everyday and that's hard to hit when you use the gelatin in traditional dessert applications.
      Yeah, I would recommend Knox, since it's only 9.99 as opposed to like 40 bucks. Makes it easier to use liberally.

That's what I take, but in capsules. Anything bad about that?
      Do you mean you add the gelatin to capsules, or already capsuled?
      Make America Great Again

Comment

Yeah, I would recommend Knox, since it's only 9.99 as opposed to like 40 bucks. Makes it easier to use liberally.

Do you mean you add the gelatin to capsules, or already capsuled?
        Already comes capsuled

Amazon.com: Now Foods Beef Gelatin 550mg, Hydrolyzed, Capsules, 200-Count: Health & Personal Care

Comment

• I don't think it's bad, except for the magnesium stearate. No idea why they needed to add that, seems really pointless.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Thinking more about coffee and cigarettes...

1) is it the chemicals in commercial cigs that lead to throat hole breathing?

2) will instant coffee have the same bowel stimulating effects as drip? i read that instant is weaker, although you can always just add more....

Also, Great Lakes is pretty terrible tasting. Can't wait until I'm done with it.
            Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Yeah, that, and scare tactics. You'd be surprised how many actors in those commercials aren't really dead, or have any problems at all.

Yep, as it's a good source of magnesium in its own right anyway. I don't think it's weaker, but it depends on the kind you buy, and yeah, you can add more.

Word.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• I hate it when people lie to me about being dead!

I'm not arguing by telling you this story, but my step dad, his father, and one of his sisters were avid smokers and died from lung cancer. His other sister did not smoke and is perfectly fine. Coincidence?

Comment

• Maybe this?

JAMA Network | JAMA | Serum B Vitamin Levels and Risk of Lung Cancer
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Very interesting. Unfortunately I can't account for the variability in each of their diets. His was pretty shitty, I can tell you that. Fair amount of meat, though.

Comment

• I think, with supermarket "tobacco sheets", there is also inhaled iron, which definitely might attribute to the aging factor that is seen in some smokers, as iron is a toxic. So, there is that, too.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Is there more iron in commercial cigs than natural ones?

Also I've been forgetting to bring this up with you - I had taken about 1.5 weeks off noopept and when I took it up again It made me very spacey. Happened two days in a row on about 10mg

Comment

• Speculating, I would say, yeah, for sure.

If you haven't been taking any sources of choline(or just eating more eggs), ie; bitartrate, citrate, citicoline, alpha gpc, etc; I would definitely recommend it, as I posted earlier in here about receptors being inhibited from racetams which would contribute to that. I know it did for me, until I upped choline dose a little bit more.

It happens with a lot of anxiolytics, especially since noopept is so potent.
                          Last edited by Derpamix; 06-08-2013, 10:53 PM.
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

• yes kings got eliminated suck a fat dick bandwagoners
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

Space is beautiful, infinite nothingness. I've found tranquility in staring into emptiness, too, myself.

That zombie inference reminds me of the movie Warm Bodies, where the zombies healed themselves by reflecting and loving.

I've noticed that too, particularly when I'm feeling depressed. For me, my dreaming lately is just manifestations of what I'm feeling, more than what I did during the day. Though, what I do during the day does have to do with the way I feel sometimes, unless I trudge through it like a zombie.
                              If you get into the astral projecting then you'll literally be able to visit it and fly around like comet. So cool

That's actually an interesting link... I'm doing something like that myself atm.

Sorry if you talked about this before, but where does all this dreaming tie in with Ray Peat's blood sugar dreaming theory? At one stage you told me before that since upping your carbs you rarely dream now.

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              I use Knox brand cause of higher glycine content(
                              Can I get that in Whole Foods? Cos' I can just pop in there now

Hugs x
                              Last edited by YogaBare; 06-09-2013, 04:05 AM.
                              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                                If you get into the astral projecting then you'll literally be able to visit it and fly around like comet. So cool

That's actually an interesting link... I'm doing something like that myself atm.

Sorry if you talked about this before, but where does all this dreaming tie in with Ray Peat's blood sugar dreaming theory? At one stage you told me before that since upping your carbs you rarely dream now.

Can I get that in Whole Foods? Cos' I can just pop in there now

Hugs x
                                Well, I haven't been eating in many intervals lately, because I hate eating so much, so, it usually means I've already stopped eating long before sleep. Plus, I'm doing many things to intentionally stimulate dreaming. With his theory, it's that stress hormones such as HGH is rising during dreaming, hormones normally suppressed by insulin. I definitely don't dream as much when I eat lots of salt and sugar right before sleep, but now, because of dreaming, I usually stop eating 5 hours before I go to sleep.

But, it's not always the case, because I think vivid and lucid dreams are a healthy REM state, so. A lot more to look into.

Probably Whole Foods, but I know any commercial chain grocery store will have it. For California, Ralphs, Safeway/Vons, etc;
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X