Weight – about 205 lb.
    Bodyfat Percentage – about 18%

Goals:
    Deadlift – 500 lb
    Squat – 400 lb
    Bench Press – 300 lb
    Press – 200 lb

Background:
    I did Starting Strength for a few months last year and then Texas Method for quite a while after that. Although I did get stronger, I found it more and more difficult to recover properly with school at the same time and progress stopped. I decided to try a program with less volume, a modified version of 5/3/1. I’ve been eating a paleo(ish) diet for the past year, but only for performance reasons. I now want to do it for my health.

Notes:
    I hope to use this log mainly to track my progress in adding weight to the bar. I will graduate from college in May 2015, and I want to achieve the above goals by then. I would also like to document any of my successes or struggles with learning how to cook better (especially meat), improving my physique, and dealing with some non-Primal habits (gum, beer, etc.)
    Last edited by Jefferson1775; 12-20-2013, 05:09 PM.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Quote for the Week

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Lao Tzu
    Last edited by Jefferson1775; 03-09-2014, 06:17 PM.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

05/20/13, Monday

Squat
      170x5
      195x5

Press
      105x5
      112.5x5
      120x6

Deadlift
      250x5
      265x5
      280x7

Comment

05/22/13, Wednesday

Power Clean
        152.5x3x3

Bench Press
        145x5
        155x5
        165x5

Row
        165 x 6-6-4

Comment

05/24/13, Friday

Squat
          210x5
          225x5
          240x6

Dips
          212(BW) x 6-6-5

Chinups
          212(BW) x 8-6-5

I had lunch with some good friends at a burger joint, and my meal wasn't exactly the most primal choice. It tasted fine, but I started feeling sluggish about an hour afterward and definitely felt it when I was lifting. I'm gonna throw away the dang bread next time.

Comment

Quote for the Week

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson
            Last edited by Jefferson1775; 03-09-2014, 06:18 PM.

Comment

05/27/13, Monday

Squat
              170x5
              195x5

Press
              105x5
              120x3
              132.5x3

Deadlift
              250x5
              280x3
              315x2

Comment

05/29/13, Wednesday

Power Clean
                155x3x3

Bench Press
                145x5
                165x3
                185x2

Row
                185 x 3-2-2

The last power clean rep was a little shaky, but other than that, today's workout went fine.

I tried to make a banana and egg pancake (iniQuity's recipe) this morning. The flipping step didn't quite go as planned, but it tasted pretty good! I'll definitely be making that again.

Comment

05/31/13, Friday

Squat
                  210x5
                  240x3
                  265x2

Dips
                  215(BW+5)x5x3

Chinups
                  215(BW+5)x5x3

I've decided to start weighting my dips and chinups. I just stuck a plate in a backpack for today, but a dip belt is on my wishlist.

Comment

Quote for the Week

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. - Henry David Thoreau
                    Last edited by Jefferson1775; 03-09-2014, 06:20 PM.

Comment

06/03/13, Monday

Squat
                      175x5
                      205x5

Press
                      110x5
                      115x5
                      122.5x6

Deadlift
                      255x5
                      270x5
                      290x6

Decent workout. I'm going to start focusing more on getting enough protein (at least 200 g each day). I've been slacking on that, lately.

Comment

06/05/13, Wednesday

Power Clean
                        157.5x3x3

Bench Press
                        150x5
                        160x5
                        170x6

Row
                        170 x 7-6-4

Curl
                        65x8x3

Lying Triceps Extension
                        65x8x3

I noticed a bruise on my shin this afternoon, and power cleans wern't too fun, haha. I'm trying to add an inch to my arms as a short term goal. Got to impress the chicas when school starts again.
                        Last edited by Jefferson1775; 06-05-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

06/06/13, Friday

Squat
                          220x5
                          230x5
                          245x7

Dips
                          220(BW+7.5)x5x3

Chinups
                          220(BW+7.5)x5x3

Lying Triceps Extension
                          65x8x3

Curl
                          65x8x3

I've never used coconut oil before in my life until yesterday. I bought some and tried a spoonful out of the jar. That stuff is delicious! I cooked my bacon and eggs in it this morning, too.

Comment

Quote for the Week

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. - Ron Paul
                            Last edited by Jefferson1775; 03-09-2014, 06:20 PM.

Comment

06/10/13, Monday

Squat
                              175x5
                              205x5

Press
                              110x5
                              122.5x3
                              137.5x2

Deadlift
                              255x5
                              290x3
                              325x2

I started an internship, and I didn't feel like doing any curls or LTE's, today. There's too much walking around in the hot sun wearing fire resistant coveralls for my tastes, but it's interesting work. I'll get back to them on Wednesday. Bigger arms are in my sights!

Comment

Working...
                              X