No announcement yet.

Kalli's Whole30 Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay. I have to tell on myself and restart tomorrow. My SIL was out of town for the weekend visiting friends AND one of her friends is now super into Paleo and Cross-Fitting and made this breakfast thing that is like a Paleo souffle from eggs, butter, coconut flour, arrowroot flower, and blueberries.

The local co-op didn't have arrowroot flour, so she got cornstarch instead. And then when I had it, I thought it would be better with blackberry jam on top.

Flour. Butter. Jam.

Granted, it wasn't all that much, but we are on 30 days of no none of this, so. Tomorrow. This feels crappy. It's like I committed to something and didn't stick to it. June 20th, new weigh in day. I think I have to let everyone know that now I'm having no flours, no dairy (even butter) and well, I'm the one who had the jam. And there's no excuses for that.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

I have a voice inside my head that tells me I'm the worst. On a good day, I can ignore it. On a bad day, I don't see any real point in exisiting. I went back on meds to alleviate this, and the generic I'm on is not as good as the brand, but the brand is 100x more expensive than the generic. PEOPLE. THIS IS NOT THE CASE IN OTHER COUNTRIES! GD IT! (Side note: I just Googled Canadian pharmacies that ship brand + generic drugs, and the brand is half the price. Go fig.)

Doing Bikram a lot helped quiet this voice in my head. I felt euphoric and tough and capable of anything when I left. Or at least tough, even if I was super tired from sweating it out for an hour and a half. Can't do Bikram until I get paid on Friday or Monday. What to do until then? Call a friend, walk the dog, make my bed, do laundry, clean. I get to this point where I'm like, "What's the point of it all?" and then I don't care about laundry or cleaning and then it's all downhill. I don't even care about eating properly then, which compounds my problem.

I was thinking that I ought to give this voice a persona, so I can start seeing it as a person I distrust. I imagine it as the evil otherworld Mother in Coraline, the creepy spider one with the button eyes. She scares the bejesus out of me, and of course she would say such awful things.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

I've been waking up late and not making breakfast. Not having breakfast and going to bed late are no bueno for me. I just had a huge protein and fat dinner (eggs, bacon, sausage, avocado), and I feel better.

I got Black Forest bacon at Trader Joe's because it has less sugar than the Applewood smoked bacon, and it is dee-lish! I get sick of the Applewood after a while, so it's nice that's there's this alternative.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Went to bed at 9 last night. Very good idea. Need to get serious about this sleep connection to hormone regulation.
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

The Whole30 Experiment is becoming a Ketogenic Diet experiment. I got really depressed, and bumped up my fats a zillion percent and reduced my protein and behold! Happiness.
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Hey Kalli, Are you still doing Whole 30?

I love your "Kill All Things" phrase. I had a moment like that yesterday on my W30 day 1. My husband was doing his best to piss me off. :P
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

I'm not! I got really depressed, really quickly. I haven't looked much more into it, but when I read things about ketosis I keep seeing a reference to a "Zone of Misery" where your carbs are low and your protein is too high. I haven't read what that is, but I wonder if that's what happened to me on Whole30. Not enough fat, too much protein. More fat makes my brain happy and creative. I'm having a lot of dairy in the form of HWC, kefir, and butter now, and I don't stress about oils in salad dressing, because at the end of the day it's easier for me to buy a bottle of Caesar than to make it. I also had a Powerade Zero the other day when my salt levels got wonky. It's not a regular thing, but it was useful at the time.

Also, I was just reading over this (very short) Whole30 journal, and could see that (for me, n=1), not having enough fat and taking away sugar led to cravings of things I have not eaten or wanted in YEARS, like caramel frappucinos. I do think that my week on Whole30 got me through any carb flu and left me at a nice spot to start ketosis. I can't do ketosis without dairy. There is only so much coconut oil and bacon a girl can have in a day.
                Last edited by kalli889; 06-02-2013, 12:56 PM.
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Good luck on the nutritional ketosis program. Yes, keep those fats up and drink the bouillon. That is my best NK advice. I'll check in with your ketosis journal from now on.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Thanks so much! The bouillon helped a ton! <3
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                    X