COY Fitness: a Trinity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    LOL. Dude, this is why we started the thread - to motivate each other. We're all going to fall off the wagon at some point. Well no, actually - me and you will fall off the wagon repeatedly! Ci's good influence will get us back on In the interim - YOU CAN DO IT OMBAT!!!!

Maybe having a more regimented plan would work for you? Like, I have to do those bodyweight exercises 4 times a week, and sprint twice a week. Makes it easier to force myself when I have this thread...
    THANKS YB! Haha I don't feel like I'm falling off the wagon - it's all relative. I'm still exercising more than I ever have before, I've just been so busy this past week. I agree that setting weekly goals for myself would beneficial. I'm too careless otherwise.

I'm SO EXCITED that you're noticing changes in your body *throws confetti* Seriously that is awesome.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Monday, May 20th

After my 45 minute nap, I was up to about 2.5 hours of sleep for the day (you might have to check my math, I'm having trouble remembering what year it is). Anyway, that's enough to fuel some exercise, no?

- Pushups (15 x 1, 10 x 2) feel really strong today. Weird.
      - Leg lifts (20 x 3) very difficult to do with a menagerie of animals swarming your body on the floor. Kitties are not good fitness buddies.
      - Sprints (5 short-ish ones. Sweating buckets, though, due to the SoCal heat)
      - Some "gymnastics"/yoga in the backyard. Front and back walkovers, headstands, etc.

Comment

has anyone ever had an orgasm while doing sensual yoga?
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          Yes, do tell.

Serenity, a few tips for handstands.

1. Make sure your hands are slightly wider then shoulder width apart. Make sure your arms stay locked out the entire time.
          2. Look at your hands through the whole movement, looking forward(back through your arms) will mess with your balance.
          3. Plant your hands on floor about a foot from the wall or from standing just shoot your hands to the floor and get ready for kick up in one motion (preferred method).
          4. When hands are planted, use one leg for momentum and the other to kick off the ground. Practice just this part over and over to get the feeling of putting your weight onto your hands. Eventually you will kick high enough to where you feet touch the wall without a ton of force. Its momentum, not a hard kick that should get you up.
          5. Once your up, keep your feet together and tighten your abs, tuck your pelvis in and extend your shoulders. Hold this position as long as you can. Slightly kicking away from the wall when your ready and trying to find your balance. If you start leaning back towards the wall, press your tips of your fingers into the ground as hard as you can. If you start leaning away, press your palms as hard as you can and you can also untuck your pelvis for a quick second to realign yourself.

Once you can do this with ease, its time to learn it away from the wall. Ideally you would learn that fairly quickly and then stop using the wall as a crutch. You will need a soft place to land to learn it without a wall because you will fall a bit but the setup is exactly the same. Just keep practicing the kick up until you find that sweet spot where you dont kick to far over but just enough to balance. To learn how to come out of a handstand without crashing or rolling, as soon as you are up, take a quick step forward with your dominant arm and swing your body to that side, lift your other arm off the ground and land on both feet with your dominant arm still planted. i believe its called a round off in gymnastics.

Comment

Well, some women can come just by thinking about it, so I guess it depends how much you fancy the person you're lying on top of!

Saying that, I fancied the guy I was with and no orgasms were had. It is an undeniably sensual experience though.

Originally posted by CiKi90
            I checked out some crossfit in my area, and oh my gosh.... expen$ive!!!! The cheapest one was $95/month! I like going to my current gym, and have been a member for long enough, it really just doesn't seem worth it.
            Do they offer an intro class or something, or a pay-per-attend?
            Last edited by YogaBare; 05-21-2013, 01:17 AM.
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Would you feel comfortable trying this.

You walk your feet up the wall, it's actually quite easy.

More tips on how to get into a full handstand here: One-Pose Wonder: Handstand
              Yes! I think I'll try that when I get home tonight. Maybe if I hung out upside down for a while, I'd feel more comfortable with it and be less scared. That looks like a better progression than hanging out upside down with feet on a box. Thanks!

Originally posted by Zach View Post

Serenity, a few tips for handstands.

4. When hands are planted, use one leg for momentum and the other to kick off the ground. Practice just this part over and over to get the feeling of putting your weight onto your hands. Eventually you will kick high enough to where you feet touch the wall without a ton of force. Its momentum, not a hard kick that should get you up.
              Thanks, Zach! I will practice this once I've tried the progression YB posted, and that will hopefully help me overcome my fear. We practiced handstands at crossfit today again (I didn't even really bother trying--I had such a bad experience with it last time). But you can tell that the people who really have trouble are all scared. The ones who aren't scared may not get it at first, but they eventually get it after a few tries. The ones who are scared keep failing.

Well, some women can come just by thinking about it, so I guess it depends how much you fancy the person you're lying on top of!

Saying that, I fancied the guy I was with and no orgasms were had. It is an undeniably sensual experience though.
              I was editing my post yesterday to add how awesome I thought that pose was when my browser crashed. Then I decided that it was time to go home and forgot to make the edit. Do you always work with the same partner? I imagine that there's some level of trust involved in order for you to feel comfortable getting into the top position with someone?

I started doing yoga recently. Can only manage 2 classes a week right now, and they're completely different. One is kripalu yoga, and it's a lot of breath work. I mostly do it for relaxation, and it's really so relaxing. I always think it should be followed by a one-hour nap--haha! The other class is power vinyasa yoga, and it's pretty hard. But I think it'll be good for improving my balance.

This is for Zach--pictures of my crossfit box. There's another area that I wasn't able to take a picture of because there were people lifting weights there, and I didn't want to take/post pictures of them without their permission.

CAM00089.jpg

CAM00091.jpg

CAM00093.jpg

My journal

Comment

Originally posted by serenity View Post
                We practiced handstands at crossfit today again (I didn't even really bother trying--I had such a bad experience with it last time). But you can tell that the people who really have trouble are all scared. The ones who aren't scared may not get it at first, but they eventually get it after a few tries. The ones who are scared keep failing.
                Great that that progression looks good to you! And totally agree about the fear factor. Quite often the more fearless you are, the faster you progress. Practicising against a wall is so easy, and you can gradually straighten up, or practice lifting one leg. It's a gradual progression that let's you be totally in control.

I was editing my post yesterday to add how awesome I thought that pose was when my browser crashed. Then I decided that it was time to go home and forgot to make the edit. Do you always work with the same partner? I imagine that there's some level of trust involved in order for you to feel comfortable getting into the top position with someone
                We work with different partners every week. Successful execution of the poses depends on trust (you need to know that the guy isn't sleazing on you), but also compatibility (you need to be similar levels of strength, co-ordination and flexibility). Some weeks I was paired with people who it didn't work with cos' we were too different. THe guy I was paired with last night is actually someone I used to date, and we're at similar levels of yoga, plus still have quite a level of trust between us, so we were able to get into some crazy positions. At one point he was holding me upside down in a handstand and I realised the whole room had gone quiet..! It's really beautiful to watch it when it flows between two people.

I started doing yoga recently. Can only manage 2 classes a week right now, and they're completely different. One is kripalu yoga, and it's a lot of breath work. I mostly do it for relaxation, and it's really so relaxing. I always think it should be followed by a one-hour nap--haha! The other class is power vinyasa yoga, and it's pretty hard. But I think it'll be good for improving my balance.
                That's awesome! Where Yoga really excels for me is in improvements to flexibility, co-ordination, breathing, and awareness. Some people do it to get fit, but I think to improve strength you're better off doing advanced body weight exercises. I found the strength progress with yoga quite slow, but perhaps that was the style that I do.
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Fitness 6

ABWE, yoga, cycling, walking

ABWE: 2) Legs/pistol/bridge

Practice:
                  Pistol; sitting onto low coffee table (still too weak to do full ones), 10 reps each side.

Strength:
                  Split squats; 20 reps each leg; 3 sets
                  I was wondering why I found these so much harder today... and then I realised that I only did 10 reps on each side last time!

Accessory:
                  Bridge (in Yoga we call it "Wheel"): three times. Held for 33 sec, didn't count others.

Yoga
                  Teaching for 75 mins, prob half an hour of practicing.

Cycling
                  Half an hour

Walking
                  Meeting a friend for short walk later this evening (update: walk ended up being an hour!)

Observations:
                  I feel absolutely knackered today. My body was really aching this morning, and I tried to work out but I couldn't complete the ABWEs - had to finish my last set of split squats and wheel this evening! Don't know if I'm doing too much, or if I'm naturally just getting tired again...
                  Last edited by YogaBare; 05-22-2013, 10:36 AM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

At one point he was holding me upside down in a handstand and I realised the whole room had gone quiet..! It's really beautiful to watch it when it flows between two people.
                    Wow! That's awesome!

I feel absolutely knackered today. My body was really aching this morning, and I tried to work out but I couldn't complete the ABWEs - had to finish my last set of split squats and wheel this evening! Don't know if I'm doing too much, or if I'm naturally just getting tired again...
                    Your body is probably still adapting to the ABWEs. Take it easy for now. The soreness will decrease/disappear with time.

My journal

Comment

No comment, Derp. lol!
                      someone had a yogasm

so, YogaBare, you fancied him eh?
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

I hope that does knock you out Ci, but if you're exhausted tomorrow don't push it!

Tuesday, May 21

Fitness Bender butt exercises. This will make sitting on a plane for 6 hours tomorrow very interesting.

I waanted to do sprints and other exercises since I might not be able to do much over the next few days but my allergies are too severe for sprinting and my mom said that if I do any upper body work between now and the wedding she'll kill me since my bust is already too big for the dress I have to wear.

Hopefully I'll have plenty of down time in our hotel to do some body weight exercises.

Comment

Your body is probably still adapting to the ABWEs. Take it easy for now. The soreness will decrease/disappear with time.
                          Thanks Serentity!

someone had a yogasm

so, YogaBare, you fancied him eh?
                          Haha He's actually someone I dated before, so there is still an element of attraction: which was heightened by being suspended in mid-air on his feet and hands...

Tuesday, May 21
                          I was really pushing myself through the entire time. Usually I feel like, "wheee, I'm ruunniiiiing!" but today, I was counting down the seconds until I was finished. Hopefully I'll get a better night's sleep tonight and I'll be okay tomorrow.
                          I felt really tired yesterday too. Take it easy today - maybe just do some walking? I'm definitely going to ease up. Though for the first time in my life, I'm starting to understand how exercise is addictive!

Originally posted by ombat View Post
                          Fitness Bender butt exercises. This will make sitting on a plane for 6 hours tomorrow very interesting.
                          Ha - let us know how that goes

- Ray Peat

Comment

YB, I tried the handstand progression you posted, and I could do it. I think I'm just going to hang out upside down like that with one leg in the air for a few minutes a day until I feel comfortable upside down and then practice the thing Zach said about kicking off with one leg.

My journal

Comment

YB, i totally know what you mean about exercise being addiction, especially with the bodyweight movements. Not only do you get stronger but the end product is some amazing moves that you can show off.

Comment

I almost started doing overhead squats with my luggage at the airport just now, so I know how you feel...

Comment

Working...
                                X