No announcement yet.

COY Fitness: a Trinity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, YB--don't worry. You don't need the gym to work out. Just do some bodyweight exercises. Squats, pushups, planks, lunges, etc. If you want to work out your butt, do walking lunges. Last time I did 2x50 steps walking lunges, my butt was sore for two days. If you're really feeling ambitious, there's always burpees! Also, you can always go outside and sprint. Bringing a jump rope is a good idea too, if you have one.

Saturday, 8/10/13
    1-hour pilates
    1-hour yoga
    2x15 box jumps
    side bends: 3x20 (per side) @ 18 kg
    bench press: 5x5@65

Sunday, 8/11/13
    1.25-mile warm-up
    2 x 40-s intervals @ 10 mph
    2 x 40-s intervals @ 10.2 mph
    3 x 40-s intervals @ 10 mph
    1 x 30-s interval @ 10.5 mph

Monday, 8/12/13
    3x6 box step-ups @ 24" box (I refused to jump)
    reverse hyper: 2x12 @ unknown weight (didn't look)

Max effort back squat with 5/3/1 tempo (5-second descent, 3-second hold at bottom, 1-second up): 1x5@45; 1x5@65; 1x3@75; 1x3@85; 1x1@95; 1x1@105; 1x1@115; 1x1@120; 1x1@125; 1x1@130; 1x1@135 -- 135 was a PR for me!!! I actually didn't work to failure cuz I kinda ran out of time.

Kettlebell goblet squats: 1x20 @ 40 lbs; 2x20 @ 30 lbs
    Satan lunges: 3x8 alternate leg

Good morning: 1x15@45; 2x15@65
    Reverse hyper: 2x12@50

Now that I've stopped doing JUDDD, I'm PRing on everything again. But the weight gain. God dammit! Whoever said to chase performance and appearance will follow is just plain WRONG! *Sob*

My journal

Comment

• Damn Diene, get some rest broseph.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Thanks guys. Yeah, I'll pack the jump rope but the problem is that it will be three sedentary days of travel / eating-drinking Then Monday to recover. Cannot believe it's even an issue for me though, lol

Di, you know what I think about you taking a break... It just sounds to me like you're massively stressed in general.

Monday, 12th Aug
        BUM day!

1km in 13 mins on treadmill @15% incline.

Leg Press:
        Both: 90kg x 10 x 2
        RL: 50kg x 10
        Both: 100kg x 10 x 2
        RL:50kg x 10
        Both: 100kg x 10 x 2
        RL: 50kg x 10
        Both: 110kg x 5

Tuesday, 13th Aug
        Power pump (weight lifting class) - 1 hour
        Teaching yoga - 20 mins of poses
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Three sedentary days of eating means recovery for you to come back stronger and fresher!

Comment

• YB, three sedentary days are nothing to worry about. I had three sedentary days too when I went to NC to visit my friend.

As for me, I don't think I need to take a break. My fitness goals are progressing just fine, spectacularly, in fact. Like I said, I'm PRing on everything again since I started eating more. I PRed on my bench press last week, back squat yesterday, and the push jerk today. And the head coach at my box taught the class today, and he said that my push jerks looked really good. I didn't even work to failure on my push jerks--I think I could have added 5-15 lbs at least, but we sorta ran out of time. And he said not to work to failure so...

Anyway, it's my freaking weight loss goal that's going to hell, and I don't think it has anything to do with my workouts. Well, except maybe for the fact that I don't do as much cardio anymore. That may be a problem. Not if you believe in the whole chronic cardio is bad for you spiel though. My problem is really just that I eat too much.

Tuesday, 8/13/13
            Ring push-up holds - holding in ring push-up position (up position and down position)
            90-sec bridge hold

Push jerk: 1x5@45; 1x5@65; 1x3@75; 1x3@85; 1x1@95; 1x1@100; 2x1@105

WOD:
            50 squats
            25 bench dips
            6 rounds with 14-min time cap. Completed 4 rounds + 33 squats.

1000-m run in the rain.

My journal

Comment

• Okay, so here's my workout today:

45 min. HIIT run alternating between:
              3mi. @ 10min. mile
              0.5mi. @ all out speed
              1mi. fast walking

Shoulder press and arm curls coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                YB, three sedentary days are nothing to worry about. I had three sedentary days too when I went to NC to visit my friend.

As for me, I don't think I need to take a break. My fitness goals are progressing just fine, spectacularly, in fact. Like I said, I'm PRing on everything again since I started eating more. I PRed on my bench press last week, back squat yesterday, and the push jerk today. And the head coach at my box taught the class today, and he said that my push jerks looked really good. I didn't even work to failure on my push jerks--I think I could have added 5-15 lbs at least, but we sorta ran out of time. And he said not to work to failure so...

Anyway, it's my freaking weight loss goal that's going to hell, and I don't think it has anything to do with my workouts. Well, except maybe for the fact that I don't do as much cardio anymore. That may be a problem. Not if you believe in the whole chronic cardio is bad for you spiel though. My problem is really just that I eat too much.
                I didn't realise your gains were improving Di - that's great! Okay, here's a suggestion you may not like. Would you consider doing a bulk n' cut? You're effectively doing your 'bulk' now, so it would be a matter of cutting... I don't know how well it works, but it seemed to work for me.

Originally posted by max219 View Post
                Three sedentary days of eating means recovery for you to come back stronger and fresher!
                Good point

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                Okay, so here's my workout today:

45 min. HIIT run alternating between:
                3mi. @ 10min. mile
                0.5mi. @ all out speed
                1mi. fast walking

Shoulder press and arm curls coming up.
                Looks good Gray!
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                  I didn't realise your gains were improving Di - that's great! Okay, here's a suggestion you may not like. Would you consider doing a bulk n' cut? You're effectively doing your 'bulk' now, so it would be a matter of cutting... I don't know how well it works, but it seemed to work for me.
                  I would like to cut. It's just so hard. I'm afraid that I have to go back to counting calories like a crazy person again. I don't think there's any other way though.

Wednesday, 8/14/13
                  Practice assisted ring dips by resting feet on box.

Snatch high pulls: 1x5@35; 2x3@45; 6x1@55

WOD:
                  30 wall balls @ 14-lb ball
                  30 pull ups with band
                  30 burpees
                  30 wall balls @ 14-lb ball
                  Finished in 12:03

Reverse hyper: 3x10@50
                  GHD: 3X12 @ body weight

My journal

Comment

I would like to cut. It's just so hard. I'm afraid that I have to go back to counting calories like a crazy person again. I don't think there's any other way though.
                    I'm beating the satiation drum now, but I really think cutting calories is a matter of finding the foods your satiated on. Well, it was for me. Do you feel hungry a lot? Or feel that desperate urge to eat?

Wed, 14th Aug
                    1 hour stepping class: 30 mins stepping, 30 mis weights.

Had a weird revelation today while I was doing the stepping class. For some reason I completely forgot that from the age of 11 to 18 I was part of a drama collective that put on shows. I was regularly dancing, acting and singing on stage, including lots of rehearsals. So I was dancing quite a lot through out my teens. It was weird, cos this was my third Stepping class, and the first two felt familiar, but during this one it all came flooding back to me. I know Stepping is geeky, but I'm really enjoying it, and maybe that's why

Don't know why I'm sharing this

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                      I'm beating the satiation drum now, but I really think cutting calories is a matter of finding the foods your satiated on. Well, it was for me. Do you feel hungry a lot? Or feel that desperate urge to eat?
                      I think finding the foods your satiated on is the holy grail, in many ways. I haven't found those foods yet (if they even exist for me). I'm not hungry all the time, but I want to eat all the time. And once I start eating, I can't stop. This is why I tend to be drawn to things like JUDDD and IF because it's easier for me to not eat at all than it is to eat a little or in moderation or whatever. I don't need to be hungry to want to eat.

I think it's cool that you found a type of exercise that you enjoy! I had to look up stepping, actually. Is it the same thing as step aerobics?
                      Last edited by diene; 08-14-2013, 10:19 AM. Reason: wrong link

My journal

Comment

I think finding the foods your satiated on is the holy grail, in many ways. I haven't found those foods yet (if they even exist for me). I'm not hungry all the time, but I want to eat all the time. And once I start eating, I can't stop. This is why I tend to be drawn to things like JUDDD and IF because it's easier for me to not eat at all than it is to eat a little or in moderation or whatever. I don't need to be hungry to want to eat.

I think it's cool that you found a type of exercise that you enjoy! I had to look up stepping, actually. Is it the same thing as step aerobics?
                        Girl, I completely relate to that. Honestly - you described how I felt about eating prior to seven weeks ago!

Have you ever had your blood sugar checked? I'm sure now that my binging was the result of blood sugar craziness. I have a tendency towards hypoglycaemia, and even drinking wine can trigger it for me. I think cutting out the starch and adding gelatine and sugar did miraculous things.

Do you remember a time when you ate less and were comfortable with that? What kinds of food did you like as a kid?

And yup it's step aerobics! Pretty uncool, but hey

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I don't have symptoms of hypoglycemia. The last time I had a blood test (in April), my fasting blood glucose was 92 mg/dL, which actually seems high to me.

Um, for as long as I can remember, I've always eaten a ton. I liked most things when I was a kid. I wasn't a picky eater at all. But I was also fat as a kid so I don't think that's really a good indication of anything.

I've never done step aerobics. Looks fun though.

My journal

Comment

I don't have symptoms of hypoglycemia. The last time I had a blood test (in April), my fasting blood glucose was 92 mg/dL, which actually seems high to me.

Um, for as long as I can remember, I've always eaten a ton. I liked most things when I was a kid. I wasn't a picky eater at all. But I was also fat as a kid so I don't think that's really a good indication of anything.

I've never done step aerobics. Looks fun though.
                            Have you tried the mono / duo meals? How's your hiatus from dairy going?

Stepping is an amazing workout, I have to say. Apparently you can burn 600 cals in a session! Leida has tried pretty much everything, and she said that this is one of the best workouts she's done.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I haven't had any dairy since Aug. 1, except that I had small amounts of butter on two occasions. I'm not too worried about the butter cuz it has such low protein content. I have tried mono/duo meals, but I don't think they've made a huge difference. Maybe I haven't tried them consistently enough.

I wish my gym offered a stepping class so I can try it out, but they don't. :/ Well, maybe my next gym (in CA) will offer one. Heh!

My journal

Comment

I haven't had any dairy since Aug. 1, except that I had small amounts of butter on two occasions. I'm not too worried about the butter cuz it has such low protein content. I have tried mono/duo meals, but I don't think they've made a huge difference. Maybe I haven't tried them consistently enough.

I wish my gym offered a stepping class so I can try it out, but they don't. :/ Well, maybe my next gym (in CA) will offer one. Heh!
                                And are you noticing any difference in how you feel?

Re. the mono meals - what did you try? I know you did the all-fruit, but that's pretty difficult to be satiated on. Is the gelatine still curbing your sugar cravings?

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X