No announcement yet.

COY Fitness: a Trinity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took both Saturday and Sunday off. And today, too, I think, although I might do some yoga or pilates videos when I get home. Or I might not. I think I'm due for a 3-day break. But I feel like such a fat slug cuz I've been off JUDDD for the past 8 days, AND I took three days off exercise.

Saturday--went clubbing, but I don't think it counted as a workout cuz I didn't really dance that much. The music sucked, and, honestly, I just don't like to dance in heels. And I don't know how all these women go clubbing in heels. I've never been much into the club scene. I was a little candy raver back in my day (also went to psy trance parties), but we obviously didn't wear heels. In fact, I very rarely wear heels. The only pair of heels I owned before law school was a pair that I wore to my junior prom in high school. (Was too cool to even go to my senior prom. ) Then law school forced me to buy heels for job interviews and certain professional events. Anyway, I hate wearing heels. The end.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
      Yo - Yay for energy! If I can keep it up I'd like to get into a regimen, I've just never had energy consistent enough for it to get that far...
      Story of my life, dude I cannot believe that, for more than a month now, I've been exercising 5-6 times a week! The most I ever exercised before was 3 times a week (excluding yoga).

Originally posted by diene View Post
      I took both Saturday and Sunday off. And today, too, I think, although I might do some yoga or pilates videos when I get home. Or I might not. I think I'm due for a 3-day break. But I feel like such a fat slug cuz I've been off JUDDD for the past 8 days, AND I took three days off exercise.

Saturday--went clubbing, but I don't think it counted as a workout cuz I didn't really dance that much. The music sucked, and, honestly, I just don't like to dance in heels. And I don't know how all these women go clubbing in heels. I've never been much into the club scene. I was a little candy raver back in my day (also went to psy trance parties), but we obviously didn't wear heels. In fact, I very rarely wear heels. The only pair of heels I owned before law school was a pair that I wore to my junior prom in high school. (Was too cool to even go to my senior prom. ) Then law school forced me to buy heels for job interviews and certain professional events. Anyway, I hate wearing heels. The end.
      Lol.

I hate heels as well. I used to go to underground Techno clubs, so it was never an issue

Don't worry about taking the break Di - enjoy it. Re. JUDD: I've had a bit of a revelation about losing weight... to be posted in my journal...

Update to my daily exercise: walked for an hour.
      Last edited by YogaBare; 07-29-2013, 02:51 PM.
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• 7/30/13

Crossfit:
        Ring dip progression: Practice ring holds
        Split Jerk (alternate legs): 1x6@35 lbs; 1x6@55 lbs; 2x4@65 lbs; 3x2@75 lbs
        WOD: "Elizabeth" but with power cleans instead of squat cleans this time so not really comparable to the last time we did Elizabeth cuz we did squat cleans last time.
        21/15/9
        power cleans @ 55 lbs
        box dips
        Finished in 7:36.

Max effort hollow hold: Held for 2:01. (Yes, there was that extra second. )

My journal

Comment

• Ci, you should definitely make friends with the bodybuilder chick! It would be great for you to have a friend with common interests. Don't know why that pose would have hurt - maybe you were tense going into it and pushed too hard? Yoga can really fuck you up if you push yourself.

Di, how was your performance after your few days off?

Today -
          kind of had an off day. I'm feeling pretty tired from all the working out I've been doing, and my body hurts. Taught a 75 min yoga class, prob did 45 mins of poses.

I can't believe how much I've changed in relation to exercise. In the past, this would have counted as an exercise day!!! Even though I haven't taken a day off since last Sunday, I feel like a lazy slob! I have definitely gotten the fitness addiction.
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Yay! Welcome to the wonderful world of fitness addiction!!! *Blows trumpets*
            I didn't notice any improvement in my performance yesterday, but this morning's intervals seemed less grueling than usual. It could just be because it wasn't as hot though.

7/31/13
            Crossfit Endurance:
            90-second intervals with laddered rest intervals (the rest intervals got progressively shorter and then longer again--I can't remember exactly how long the rest intervals were or how many intervals we did--oh well).

My journal

Comment

• Seriously... I'm addicted! How did I go without exercising for MONTHS in the past?!

Today: 1 hour step class. Well, 40 mins of stepping, 20 mins of lifting. Fucking hard work man!! I liked the rhythm and co-ordination though... I need to work on that.

I'm looking forward to the day when I don't collapse at the end of one of these gym classes...

- Ray Peat

Comment

• 8/1/13

Crossfit:
                Practice failing at kipping pullups (hey, at least now when I pop my hips or whatever, I don't fly off the bar anymore).
                Max effort pendlay row: 1x5@15; 1x5@35; 1x3@45; 1x3@55; 1x1@65; 1x1@75; 1x1@80; 1x1@85; 1x1@90
                Push press: 3x8@75
                3 x 1-min body-weight plank hold
                500-m row - 2:27 (this is still very slow, but I guess that's why I don't get super out of breath when I row--I'm just not rowing fast enough, but I was rowing as fast as I could! Poor technique, I suppose.)

My journal

Comment

• Well, I finally took a day off today I have my TOM and I felt really tired... and I realised I haven't taken a day off in 10 days! But I feel guilty about it,,,! I was planning to go to Muay Thai tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll have the energy. Might do Pilates instead.

Ci, what;s PMDD? Also, do you really see a difference in my body from that pic?! I'm taking my fortnightly progress pics tomorrow - hope I see some kind of change!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• 8/2/13

Crossfit:
                    The warm-up involved seated box jumps, which I refused to do. The coach made me jump onto stacked plates (he was not going to let me off easy, geez).
                    Back squats: 1x5@45; 1x5@65; 1x5@75; 1x5@85; 6x5@90.
                    WOD:
                    5 rounds of:
                    20 ring rows
                    30 knee pushups
                    40 butterfly situps
                    50 squats
                    Took me 56:29 to do this. Took freaking forever because I have practically no upper body strength. I can do 10 nice ring rows in a row, and then I'm done. Then it's down to sets of 2, struggling to get up there. Same thing with pushups. Even doing them on my knees I struggle to do 30.

Forgot to add that we had to take 3-min break in between each round so it didn't really take me 56 minutes, more like 44. Hah! The breaks were pretty pointless, IMO.
                    Last edited by diene; 08-02-2013, 04:39 PM.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by CiKi90
                      PMDD is premenstrual dysmorphic disorder -- basically, PMS on steroids. I can feel really irrationally depressed, fatigued, in a lot of pain from cramping and headaches, etc. I've also been experiencing dizziness throughout my tom so yeah, no exercising for me. I don't know why I have it, but it really sucks. That's why I'm on such a high dose of birth control, and also why I take a pill that allows me to only suffer 4x a year, lol. So don't worry, girl, I feel your pain! I took a day off today and I feel like a total slob. =/
                      Jesus, that sounds terrible! Makes me wonder though, if all these things that are wrong with us: physical, hormonal, mental (including our Des) are all connected somehow.

Di, do you lift weights? It's really helping my upper body strength!

Fri, 1st Aug.

Well, I didn't do anything again today! Apart from moving around slowly (walking around / cycling). I was actually feeling irrationally guilty and stressed about it. I kept worrying that I was going to lose my mo-jo, and go back to being the sloth that I was before I had energy (5 weeks ago )

Help!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Lol, yes - autocorrect! Meant EDs.

It looks like you changed your regime up slightly? And yeah, I used to grind my teeth... it started when I was going through post traumatic stress.

Yeah, when I've been tired from exercising I just did gentle yoga and whatnot, but I've realised that the hormonal crashes I get are a very different thing. I literally can't function when it happens. But I took my Vitex today, and felt great again... So weird.

Sat, 4th Aug
                        Woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a bus and was worried I wouldn't be able to work out, but managed to drag myself to a power pump class. I love it! It was my third time at it with this teacher, and it's getting easier. In a few weeks I might stop doing the classes and just progress to lifting heavier weights.
                        Finished off with .56km on the treadmill, @15% incline.

Sun, 5th Aug
                        woke up exhausted again, took Vitex, went for a run!!

6 Sprints: 100; 100; 200; 150; 100; 100 meters.
                        Yoga in park with friend: 1 hour

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post

Di, do you lift weights? It's really helping my upper body strength!
                          I do lift weights, but it hasn't really helped with my pull-ups and push ups. When a WOD has us do a gazillion pushups or pullups, it's more about muscular endurance, I think. And I just haven't built that up.

The yoga in park with friend sounds fun!

Saturday - 8/3/13
                          I was sore as hell--so sore that I felt sore in my sleep--before I woke up all the way, I could feel how sore I was. It was ridiculous. Still managed to go to the gym though.

50-minute pilates (late again --well, it was 9 AM on a Saturday...)
                          1-hour yoga
                          2x10 box jumps
                          2x20 (each side) side bends @ 18 kg (not sure why the kettlebells were in kg instead of lbs)

Sunday - 8/4/13
                          65-minute elliptical

Monday - 8/5/13
                          Max effort overhead squat: 1x5@15; 1x5@35; 1x5@45; 1x3@55; 1x3@65; 1x1@70; 1x1@75; 1x1@80
                          Body-weight walking lunge: 2x50 steps
                          Body-weight squat iso hold: 3x30 seconds
                          Good morning: 3x10@45; 3x10@55
                          Reverse hyper: 3x12@50

My journal

Comment

• Really? Wow, I'm finding lifting weights is helping everything - even my flexibility! I'm only lifting puny ones though...

How are you finding the Pilates?

Monday, 5th Aug

Moving around slowly: 40 min cycle

Workout: BUM day!

- 1.2km walk on treadmill at 15% incline

- Leg press:
                            Both: 80kg x 10; 90kg x 10
                            Single: R: 40kg x 10, L: 40kg x 10, R: 50kg x 10
                            Both: 100kg x 10, 100kg x 10
                            Single: R: 50kg x 10; L: 50kg x 10
                            Both: 100kg x 10, 100kg x 10
                            Single: R: 50kg x 10; L: 50kg x 10
                            Both: 100kg x 10, 110kg x 10

- 10 mins yoga

- Swimming: 10 lengths x 33 metre pool. (7 breast, 3 front crawl)

Had SUCH a great work out today! Increased my weights my 20kg, and glided through the pool. It was one of the most amazing feelings I've ever had working out!
                            Last edited by YogaBare; 08-05-2013, 02:18 PM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I'm glad that lifting is helping you! I just have really shitty upper body strength, especially in comparison with my body weight, which is probably why I have so much trouble with upper body body-weight exercises!

I like pilates! But the classes are at my gym, and they're generally not all that challenging. Actually, for a while, they were trying to hire a new pilates teacher so different people would audition by teaching one class. There was this one woman who taught a killer class--it was hard. I really liked her because of that, but they didn't hire her.

I'm going to start hula-hooping again with one of those heavy hoops that you use for exercise. It targets the waist area, and I think it might help me. It's just hard to find an extra hour each day to do this, but I'm going to make it happen!

My journal

Comment

• If you have poor upper body strength, would you consider doing a few mins of planking every day? I know you said you can hold one for quite a while, but I would recommend doing a few variations on it every day. It will really help you along. Great that you like pilates! I have the same problem at my gym though - the classes are too easy...

I've heard amazing things about hula hooping actually! It's not another piece of equipment to buy though...

I'm considering going to "Taisoken Sword fitness" next Sunday.. it's a martial art, with a sword!!

On a related note of shrinking waists- did you see the thread I started about the woman who wore the extreme corset?!

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X