No announcement yet.

COY Fitness: a Trinity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was very obstinate with teachers who tried to pull that shit, but for some reason not with my trainers. Probably because it was something I was truly interested in improving at.

So I woke up this morning with possibly the most minimal bloat I've (not) had in quite some time and my stomach looks terrible. I think the skin has been stretched out due to the bloat! I feel like I just had a fucking baby or something. Anyhow, I need to go back to bodyweight exercises. Maybe that will tighten everything up...
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
      Re: negative-type reinforcement (sorry bringing up an old topic) I totally used to fall for that shit. I had a ton of equestrian trainers who used the "yell at you until you cried" method. My response was always "fuck you! I'll show YOU what I can do!" So I guess I was a sucker but it worked!
      That usually works on me too.

7/20/13
      50-minute pilates
      1-hour yoga
      3x10 box jumps

7/21/13
      60-minute elliptical - didn't feel like doing it and almost skipped it. But was glad that I did it in the end.

7/22/13

Crossfit:
      Reverse hyper: 3x10 @ 50 lbs
      Kettlebell prayer squat: 3 x 30 seconds
      Max effort sumo deadlift: 1x5@65 lbs; 1x5@85; 1x3@105; 1x1@125; 1x1@135; 1x1@145; 1x1@155
      Single-arm dumbbell overhead squat: 3x8 @ 15 lbs
      Band face pulls: 3 x 20
      Posterior chain mobility stuff: Lizard pose and variations thereon

My journal

Comment

• Ci--Maybe you should read Starting Strength? I know it's almost cliche around here, but you may be interested in it since you want to be a PT and all.

7/23/13

Crossfit
        Ring dip progression: Practiced holding on ring. Practiced holding in low position using band. Practiced doing ring dips using band.
        Split jerk: (dominant leg only) 1x5@45 lbs; 1x5@55; 1x5@65; 2x3@75; 3x2@80; (left leg) 1x9@45
        WOD:
        8 box dips
        8 banded pullups
        200-meter run
        Supposed to do 7 rounds with a 12-min time cap, but I only finished 5 rounds in 12 minutes.

My journal

Comment

• I've got a PDF of SS Ci - I can email it to you if you like?

Also, I think body weight exercises are an amazing accompaniment to lifting! The little bit of lifting I've done has already improved my strength enough that I'm closer to:
          - a chin up
          - a hand stand

The lifting is what really helps, but the body weight exercises are more satisfying to me than lifting numbers, so right now it's almost like lifting will just be to help these things.

Sat, Sun - nothing

Monday:
          6 x 100 metre sprints, some jogging (nearly died)
          90 min walk with lots of playing on jungle gym, tightrope walking, chin up practice etc.

Tuesday:
          Taught 75 min yoga class (did poses for 30 mins)
          60 min walk
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Hey, YB, it's great that you're close to getting a chin up and hand stands! I'm nowhere close to either of those things. I haven't really even been practicing the handstand progressions very much either.

7/24/13

Crossfit
            Tabata jump rope
            Snatch deadlift: 1x5@35; 1x5@45; 1x5@55; 2x3@65; 2x2@75
            Back squat: 1x5@45; 1x5@65; 5x5@85
            WOD (aka, 10 minutes of torture):
            100 burpees for time. Finished in 10:12.
            Last edited by diene; 07-24-2013, 09:29 AM.

My journal

Comment

• Well guys, there's a big difference between "close to" a chin up, and "closer to" a chin up I'm definitely the latter! Now when I hang on the bar, I actually move upwards

Di, amazing on the 100 burpees! How are your knees??

Ci, I'll email it to you now. Also, are you feeling like you don't really know where you're going with your body? Like, you don't want to get bigger, but you want to increase your challenges? If so, then I would definitely say start going to some advanced yoga classes. Difficult poses are sooo satisfying when you finally accomplish them!

And that's great about crow and the splits!

Wed, 24th July
              15 min speed walk on treadmill@15% incline
              1 hour walk
              Some body weight stuff

Also - I nearly did the straddle splits! After a full year of trying, I'm nearly there

Leg Press machine!
              10 x 90 kg x 4 sets
              10 x 40 kg single leg x 2 sets
              10 x 90 kg x 2 sets

My butt was sore today!

Thurs, 25th July
              6 x 100 metre sprints
              20 min walk
              10 jumping chin ups
              Last edited by YogaBare; 07-25-2013, 12:57 PM.
              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by CiKi90

If you do well with videos, the ones I posted on 7/23 are some pretty good ones to practice hard handstandy yoga things. lol just a suggestion.
                I'll check it out. But if it's too hard I won't be able to do it. I suck at all handstandy stuff. Can't even do the crow pose.

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                Well guys, there's a big difference between "close to" a chin up, and "closer to" a chin up I'm definitely the latter! Now when I hang on the bar, I actually move upwards

Di, amazing on the 100 burpees! How are your knees??
                Haha, I'm not sure if I can move upwards on the bar at all. But this morning, I managed two proper pushups on the floor, which I was very excited about! I kept my elbows close to my side and everything. I can still feel myself biasing towards my right side though (right arm significantly stronger than left arm).

My knees were fine, but my feet hurt afterwards, especially the foot with plantar fasciitis. Burpees always make my plantar fasciitis worse, but my pf is definitely getting better. I may not need to to go acupuncture next week. That would be nice. I'm so sick of going, been going for like two months! It's expensive too.

7/25/13
                Butterfly pullup progression (yeah right--get on the bar and flail around).
                Max effort push press: 1x5@15 lbs; 1x5@35; 1x3@55; 1x3@65; 1x1@70; 1x1@75; 1x1@80; 1x1@85; 1x1@90; 1x1@95; 1x1@100!!! Did you see that, my 1 rep max was 100 lbs!! Okay, so that's pretty exciting to me, but I hurt my back when attempting 105 lbs.
                dumbbell shrugs: 3x12 @ 30 lbs on each side
                pushups: 3 sets of 10 broken down thus: 2 on floor, 8 on box; 1 on floor, 9 on box; 2 on floor, 8 on box.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                  I'll check it out. But if it's too hard I won't be able to do it. I suck at all handstandy stuff. Can't even do the crow pose.
                  A lot of those poses are more about coordination than strength!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• 7/26/13

1.25-mile warmup
                    5x40-sec intervals @ 10 mph

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

My journal

Comment

• Sex definitely counts as a workout

Friday -
                      40 min cycle AND...
                      I went to my first Muay Thai kickboxing class. 90 mins. LOVED it! I was lucky because even though it was the intro class we got to spar. I was the only girl there, needless to say I was fucking exhausted after it though - felt groggy for the rest of the day.

Saturday
                      60 min power pump class. I must still be tired after the Muay Thai because I went to failure on most of the exercises we did!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• 7/27/13

Nothing so far but going to a club tonight. That counts, right?

YB, I'm glad you enjoyed muay Thai. I used to take a martial arts class, but pretty much always got beaten up when I sparred. I loved it though.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

My journal

Comment

• Clubbing counts, but its intensity level depends on the music..

Sunday
                          80 mins yoga.

First time I've done yoga by myself in ages! I actually did two 40 min sessions: one in morning (a lot of stretching, some strength work), and one in evening (more advanced poses). And - I did a handstand against the wall!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Nice, Yoyo! I was looking into something like that last year but it's hard to find in my town.

Know I haven't posted here in a while but it's not because I haven't been exercising. My energy has been up pretty consistently all week so I've been going to the trails to run and climb. Also been doing pull up practice and strength exercises to try and get my thighs a bit more toned... EAT did a number on those babies.

Comment

• Well done Ci!!! Amazing that you broke your record - that's a really fast run.

Om - good on ya! My energy has been great for a month now (!) and I'm finding that an exercise regime is emerging without me really trying. At first it was very random, like yours is, but now I'm seeing more benefit to logging what I do.

Monday, 29th July

So, today was:

BUM day!

I've done this regime a few times now and I realise I like it for days when I'm too tired to do a full workout and couldn't be bothered sprinting or swimming.

Treadmill fast walk @15% incline: 10 mins; .885 miles
                              Leg extension:
                              two legs: 10 x 80 kg, 10 x 90 kg,
                              single leg: R: 8 x 40kg, L: 10 x 40kg, R: 0 x 40kg
                              two legs: 10 x 90 kg x 2
                              single leg: R: 10 x 40kg, L: 10 x 40kg
                              two legs: 10 x 90 kg,

Also: walked for an hour.
                              Last edited by YogaBare; 07-29-2013, 02:50 PM.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Ci - thanks! I had actually gotten some great ideas from one of those videos you posted a while ago - I think it was the Brazilian butt exercises or something? Anyway, I will give others a look! <3

Yo - Yay for energy! If I can keep it up I'd like to get into a regimen, I've just never had energy consistent enough for it to get that far...

Comment

Working...
                                X