Primal Journal - Primal Warrior

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Journal - Primal Warrior

I may as well waste some quality government time while I'm deployed. I figured I would use this as a way to track my fitness and diet. I have already reached my goal weight over the course of the last 11 months of being primal. I am currently at 200 lbs, down from 245. I would like to drop some more BF while keeping my current muscle.

Most of my meals are in the dining facility here on post, so the quality isn't always great. I do get out onto the local economy for food as well, which is an improvement. The locals love their meat here.

So, for today:

Breakfast - bacon, sausage and some kiwi.
    Lunch - 3 hamburger patties with swiss cheese and onions with a salad.
    Dinner - TBD

Workout today - did a 3 mile run in the rain, barefoot with a 35 lbs rucksack on my back. Felt great, although I was a bit water-logged when it was all said and done.

That's it for today.

Kudos to you, XYZ!!!
    Thanks for your service, and for keeping us safe back here<3<3<3

Comment

Thanks, Kuno!

Dinner was braised ribs and salad. Not bad, but then again, not great. Getting ready to kick my feet up and have some water and Lindt 70% cocoa chocolate.

Comment

Breakfast today was 3 fried eggs and some bacon.
        Lunch was the local version of a Caesar Salad with chicken. No Caesar dressing, tomatoes, cucumbers and some odd sauce. Had them add extra chicken. About half way through, I noticed I got a little extra protein in the form of a really tiny slug on my cucumber. That ended the solid portion of my lunch and I opted for a nice macchiato minus slug.

Dinner is pending.

Workout today - Shoulders and arms at the gym.
        Over head press
        lateral raises
        bent over lateral raises
        Dumbbell upright rows
        Over head extensions
        Press-downs
        Dumbbell curls
        Incline dumbbell curls

Completed in 29 minutes.

Weighed in at 197. Need to increase my food a bit to stay right around 200.

Comment

Dinner last night was some amazing goulash, kebab meat and grilled peppers at a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant. The goulash was just chunks of meat in a wonderful fatty broth. I did have a little of the fresh baked bread to sop up some of the broth. I also had a piece of baklava with turkish coffee afterwards. I couldn't resist. Well worth it.

The great thing, after eating primally for almost a year, I don't get the sugar crash after a little treat. I'm sure it would come back if I made it a regular thing however.

Breakfast this morning:
          2 fried eggs with cheese, bacon and ham. Machiato.

Lunch:
          Salad and 3 hamburger patties with swiss cheese and onions.

Handful of cashews and a low-carb Monster. (I was really dragging ass due to lack of sleep lately)

Planned workout today:
          6 mile run with 35 lbs rucksack.

Dinner TBD.

Comment

Dinner last night was 3 polish sausages with 'kraut and some cauliflower.

My workout was great. I ran 5 miles in my VFF with a 35 lbs ruck. Dropped the VFF's and did a mile barefoot with the ruck. Dropped the ruck and did another mile barefoot. Stepped on a darn rock. Hurts like a grumble grumble.

Breakfast this morning was bacon and 3 eggs and a machiato.

Leg day at the gym. Bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post

Workout today - did a 3 mile run in the rain, barefoot with a 35 lbs rucksack on my back. Felt great, although I was a bit water-logged when it was all said and done.
              That's awesome that you ran 3 miles in the rain. It is dreary here with lite rain and I must be honest... I feel quite lazy. So this motivates me to go out and run a bit!
              Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

XYZ,
                You're such an animal!!!
                Be nice to your sore paw, and stay away from further slugs <3

Comment

"35 lbs rucksack on my back"... haha, wow! I skipped over this part.

Thats a tough workout!

Comment

Glad to motivate you a bit, Dosenberry. The rucksack does add a bit more effort to the runs.

Thanks Kuno. My moderation switch is still broken, so you get my day today.

Lunch was 5 pork chops with collard greens and cauliflower.

Got talked into doing a half marathon next week during my lunch. I was then challenged to do a 12 mile run today which I HAD to accept.

Due to my competitive nature, that turned into a 14 mile run in my VFF's on non-stop hills around the perimeter of the base. Needless to say, OUCH!

Dinner was 2 hamburger patties with onions, spinach and swiss cheese. Getting ready to have some 70% cocoa Lindt chocolate and pass out.

Comment

<grin>

Comment

14 miles? That's crazy talk. I will never run 14 miles in a single day ever in my entire life...

I hope not at least I enjoy 5K runs (3.1 miles) and plan on doing a few 10K's this summer too.

Comment

I never thought I would run that far either. Just kind of happened though.

So today was a rest day. Had a late breakfast of eggs, bacon and chicken thighs. The chow hall does brunch on Sundays. Skipped lunch. We did a BBQ back at our rooms. I grilled 4 kilos of kebabs, as well as about 3 kilos of ribs. Also sauteed some fresh veggies in coconut oil with some seasoning. I stuffed myself with about a kilo of meat and a small helping of the veggies. Mmmmm.

The folks got a cake at a local bakery as well. So, I did have some of it. Pretty darn good I must say. It was more of a chocolate mousse cake with what tasted like a crust made from mainly nuts. I know there were grains and sugar in there, but I'm not going to fret over it. Especially after my run yesterday.

No workout today.

Comment

Yum.
                            Good idea to take a rest day...you crazy person, you.

Comment

Sunday is usually my rest day. I did some sort of activity monday through saturday this week... The round of golf on Tuesday counts

Eh, a small piece of dessert on a relaxed sunday will do no harm

Comment

Working...
                              X