Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Work in Progress: Finding the Right Balance (firetiger)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've actually lost weight according to the fit of my clothes. Yay! So how do I celebrate? Sugar binge of course lol. I attribute it to consistently working out. I took today off but I'm aiming for 6 days a week.

I went out last night & had a blast only drinking a bit of cider. I wore heels & red lipstick. Something I'm definitely going to do more often. I took my practice GRE today and got an almost good score. I'm feeling much better about it. Classes start tomorrow. Bring on the crazy.
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

Comment

• Help me get back on track!

I have been eating absolutely terribly lately. Classes have started and I am beyond busy while also studying for the GRE & working 20 hours a week with a demanding class schedule. I don't know what's gotten into me but I have been eating everything in sight. Yes, my stupid period decided to come on its own (insert expletive) whether than with my BC like it should. Ughhhhh. Maybe my hormones are crazy too and I'm craving carby carbs because of them. I don't know but I need to get back to my good lifestyle. I have been working out at least...

Comment

• Taking a step back & re-evaluating

That is key to me for every aspect of my life. I have almost daily freakouts that I am committing career suicide by choosing to pursue a challenging/almost uncharted path. I love the idea of a challenge but I am absolutely terrified of failure/rejection to the point where I think I set myself up for them. Self-fulfilling prophecy. Academics/career are all I feel I have going for me so I really can't blow it.

Eating has returned to primal. I really think the carb binges/mood swings can be attributed to crazy hormones because they keep happening around my cycles. I just need to keep it as natural as I can. I made a delicious quiche that I ate off of all week last week. I think I will do that again. It keeps well, is delicious, I can hide green veggies in it, is good cold. I'm digging cauliflower rice with anything especially stew-like veggie dishes.

I'm still sticking to my only one-two drinks max. I need to be productive the next day. I need to keep focused on my priorities. Also I need the socializing; it makes me happy. Tonight's midsummer mardi gras so will be fun.

I turn 27 Tuesday. I can't believe I'm that old & this is what I have to show for it. I feel like nothing but that's really not true: valedictorian of my HS, BS from a top university, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps Perú adventure/work, getting my masters in Epi & hopefully pursuing my PhD. I've made some good friends/acquaintances along the way. I'm the fittest/healthiest I've ever been at a size 8 (still wows me after losing 65ish lbs and dropping 4 sizes). I've found yoga & spirituality...which are putting me on the path to feeling the best I've felt in a long time. I fell in love for the first time (with a complete dbag of course).

But this is just not good enough for me & never will be.

Comment

Working...
        X