Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by max219 View Post
    Zach, what are some of the joint mobility stuff you do before working out?
    I do the same hing every day. Starting from head to toes i do the following..

Neck circles, neck side to side
    Shoulder circles front, back, peddle motion
    Arm circles front, back, swings to the side, swings above head
    Elbow circles
    Wrists/fingers
    Thorasic spine inhale/hollow
    Side bends
    Hip circles, side to side
    Knee circles, hindu squats
    Ankle circles, front calf stretch, crack toes
    Squat hold while pushing knees out
    Grab a wooden dowel,
    Shoulder dislocates
    Side bends, windmills
    Snatch balance progressing into full overhead squat

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
      What exactly are your symptoms Nstocks?
      Starting from head to toe:

Low energy, no motivation to do anything. (I sleep at least 9 hours a night)
      Low libido
      Heavy, tired eyes all the time (dark circles too)
      Gained around 20lbs in the past 2 months (I'm around 170lbs now, 6' 2" tall)
      Bloated and constipated which I've been for well over a year
      Feet are always like blocks of ice. I'm sitting outside a lot and using the sun-heated ground as a radiator to keep them warm. In the winter I'd wear multiple pairs of socks and a heater to keep my toes warm.
      Body temp is between 36.5C and 36.5C
      Dry skin and hair but that's not too bad really.
      Skin still isn't 100% clear from acne. It's cleared up since eating more food, but I still breakout. (and learning about hypothyroidism and it's hormonal controls, no wonder)
      Inability to grow a full beard. Not sure I will mention this to the Doc, but it strange that every other male in my immediate family can grow a full beard. It upsets me a bit - I'm not very manly as it is.
      Last edited by Nstocks; 07-18-2013, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nstocks View Post

Out of curiosity, do Americans have to have healthcare/insurance or is it completely optional? Like if you worked in manual labour, would you be obliged to have insurance, unless the company pay for it? Is it also as bad as it sounds when one required an ambulance, one must first provide insurance details?
        Under Obamacare, people are required to have health insurance, or you're fined when you file taxes, except the Supreme Court has ruled that it is not a "fine" but, rather, a tax so within Congress's taxing power. Whatever.

And, no, if you need an ambulance or any kind of emergency care, they will not ask you for insurance first. The insurance and billing stuff will be taken care of later.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanna View Post
          All of them are liquids. I just put a half dropper full, which is about 30 drops (that's what the bottle says). That's probably not helpful information. There is a 333mg/ml equivalency, per the bottle. I'll add the holy basil in next time. There is a descriptor of oil of oregano here: Oil of Oregano: A Powerhouse for the Alternative Medicine Cabinet

It has anti microbial properties and all sorts of other things, according to some sources. I had seen it mentioned on this site before so picked some up on a whim.
          I swear by oil of oregano. But the BEST, and I do mean DA BESTEST oil of oregano I've ever tried is from St. Francis, called Oreganum. You have to find the 1:1 ratio to olive oil.

If you are sick and you take only a few drops of this stuff, IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL HIGH. I'm not kidding. I'd read reviews that said it had pain killing properties similar to morphine. I thought it sounded like BS until I bought the stuff and tried it. You will feel loopy and floaty and fan-fucking-tastic!!!

The stuff isn't cheap, but no good shit is! LOL!
          A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
            N, if you like tuna, go for it. Only a few times week though cause of heavy metals. I would stick with lamb for the most part if i were you.

Also, sew your seed bro.
            Dude, Chris Kresser says heavy metals in fish is bunk because cold water, fatty fish (such as tuna, salmon) are high in selenium which mitigate if not totally eliminate the effects of mercury.
            A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

• delete some PMs my man
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• Derp, iz joo talkin' to me mang?
                A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Comment

• Nah, Zach, but I can PM you too holmes
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Ooooooh, teh PMz!

Derp, does aspirin destroy the stomach lining like advil does? I only take ibuprofen when my rag is at it's worst, so maybe 1 - 2x a month. But years and years of taking it has really taken a toll on my stomach. Gastritis blows.

I remember you saying aspirin was very good for inflammation.
                    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Comment

• Aspirin is ok, it rapidly breaks down into acetic acid and salicylic acid, and salicylic acid is protective of the stomach and intestines. Just dissolve it in water first, if you have a weak stomach lining.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• I've made a list that I'm going to take with me on Wednesday when I see the Doctor. Does this seem enough to convince the Doctor to have full bloods tests carried out ? I'll go into more detail at the appointment, explaining my issues and expand on each point a little. (very little time given)

Symptoms

Bloated and Constipated

Cold Feet & Cold Body Temperature all the time. Waking temperature is around 35.5C

Low Energy despite 10 hours sleep

Low Libido

Gaining a lot of weight fast and I eat well with no change in caloric intake (MDA Note: I've lost 7 lbs in the past week though, should I mention that? I've been under eating due to loss of appetite and constipation. I've gained about 14lbs since my last visit to the Doctors 3 years ago, and that was within the past 2 months)

I'll mention that friends Dad is a Doctor whom said it could be hypothyroid and low testosterone before moving onto the next part.

Tests

Thyroid (TSH + T4)

Low levels of thyroid result in a lowered metabolic state. This equates to an overall cooler body temperature, slowing down the processes such digestion and circulation.

Testosterone

Low levels of testosterone affect overall energy and mood. I feel like there is no sense of wellbeing and my life isn’t going anywhere. No sexual desire and problems maintaining an erection.

-----------------------------------------------

If I have the tests done and there are signs of Low thyroid and/or Testosterone, it's likely the Doc will give me something, don't you think? I really don't want to take meds because they probably have bad side effects and I could be on them for years. Should I tell the Doc, after the tests, that I want to try and recover naturally, or just take his prescription but never collect the meds? Obviously his response will depend on what the tests tell him in terms of severity.
                        Last edited by Nstocks; 07-22-2013, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• N, if he runs test make sure its Free Test not Total. Honestly i still think its a waste of time because every outcome results in you doing what you are doing now. Most likely he will dismiss your symptoms straight away, if he runs tests he will run the most basic TSH and Total Test which womt tell you much. If your tests are off he will want to schedule a reevaluation in about 6 weeks so you wont get any help and in the end you either wont take what he prescibes or he wont prescribe what you want.

It would be much more worth your time to bypass the doc and order tests online or do what Yo does and go to another country to get them. It costs money that you dont have but it would be best. Good luck with the doc.

Hi Ci! Yep everythings great! Was my 30th yesterday so been partying and camping. Also been at the beach 6 days in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
                            N, if he runs test make sure its Free Test not Total. Honestly i still think its a waste of time because every outcome results in you doing what you are doing now. Most likely he will dismiss your symptoms straight away, if he runs tests he will run the most basic TSH and Total Test which womt tell you much. If your tests are off he will want to schedule a reevaluation in about 6 weeks so you wont get any help and in the end you either wont take what he prescibes or he wont prescribe what you want.

It would be much more worth your time to bypass the doc and order tests online or do what Yo does and go to another country to get them. It costs money that you dont have but it would be best. Good luck with the doc.

Hi Ci! Yep everythings great! Was my 30th yesterday so been partying and camping. Also been at the beach 6 days in a row.
                            Happy Birthday!

I'm only interested in the tests to see what is going on, rather than going into all of these changes blindley. What I'm doing now isn't working either (I know it takes time but 2 months in I think something should have improved). Not saying it won't work, but I have to do something else. (My Mum is picking up on my mood issues but I'm not even going to bother explaining what may be wrong with me. I don't need the constant "Are you ok" everyday so I just said I'm bored)

Travelling is completely out of the question and I doubt that Europe will have different methods of testing the blood or running tests in general. (I could pay for that in the UK anyway) Again, I'm just looking for indications that my issues are hypo and/or low T. so I have a better indication of what I'm recovering from. If he tells me to go away that's fine, at least I tried.

I'll let you know how it goes.

EDIT: I forgot to say that my Brother, the one whom is on beta-blockers had is bloods taken last week because he feel dizzy some of the time. They are testing about 8 different things; diabetes, thyroid, testosterone, white/red cells, anemia, can't remember the others.
                            Last edited by Nstocks; 07-22-2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• I meant tests are cheaper in other countries i guess. Yea just saying that the tests he will run wont tell you much but i guess its a start. And sorry man, 2 months isnt very long and it doesnt seem like your really sticking to a plan?

Comment

• For the majority of it, I think I'm sticking to the plan, I'm not going to lie - I can definitely do better. Lately like this past week I've not eaten or exercised much because I just feel so lethargic and constipated. I'm still mostly eating fruit as a main source, a bit of lamb, cheese, heavy salt and fresh fruit juice. (lamb mint meatballs with goat cheese are amazing!) Sleep is still at least 10 hours and I'm outside a lot of the time now (reading non-health stuff.) 180DH had a good post recently, if you haven't seen it already. He started off similar to myself; acne, low libido, cold, poor mood, initial benefits with raw fruit diet but has expanded and does strength exercise.

I fell like an 80 year old man; nothing to look forward to, no energy, just stuck trying to get better. I'd probably be on a death bed if I had to work more days than I do which is sad for a 22 year old. (And work alone takes a day of feeling dead to recoup some energy, though I think the horrid bright lights don't help) I was more optimistic when I first started Paleo to battle acne, I'm so fucking fed up .

(Sorry for sounding so miserable or even ungrateful. I'm usually not like this and I do appreciate what you have to say)
                                Last edited by Nstocks; 07-22-2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X