Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
    I don't have ED but should I just say I do? ( other than low energy, I'm not sure what else to say about Low T symptoms) I don't want some viagra, though I doubt he will give me that. Hopefully he won't ask if I have a girlfriend, since I don't and I'd rather not talk to him about mastrubation, lol. (though as a doctor he must know probably 95% of men do it)

    I agree about having to lay the ground of what he needs to do. With the thyroid, I've read most Docs just give TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) which is from the pituitary gland. If I say "full thyroid test", and he questions what that means for what ever reason, what can I say? T3 and T4? Is that "full"?

    I wonder how much these tests cost. Not that I care, but it's interesting to know exactly how many cut backs they need to make. (oh and my region is under strict and aggressive supervision as of this week. People dying needlessly, neglect of patients, not feeding or providing water, no out-of-hour support, all sort of shit they are failing on) Bit of chemistry here, but do you know how they actually test the bloods? Is it microscopes, chemicals or something like that?

    You sure did . I'm not going to say I'm depressed, just low energy, low motivation to get on with my life and it's not how a 22 year old should be!

    How long did it take to get your bloods back? Did they call you or did you need to call in if there wasn't a problem?
    In men, low testosterone may lead to:

    infertility,
    decrease sexual function and desire,
    erectile dysfunction (ED),
    hair loss,
    decreased muscle mass, and
    osteoporosis.

    Full thyroid in the UK is TSH and T4. They won't test T3 unless your either of those are out of range. And the range in the UK is much wider than in the rest of Europe. I fought and fought to get my T3 tested, cos my T4 was low by European standards, but just within UK standards, and my doc refused.

    You can google how much it costs to get these tests done privately: from what I remember it was 100 for TSH, T4 and T3.

    It takes up to a week, and you'll probably need to call them, and specifically ask them to give you your figures.


    Originally posted by ombat View Post
    Ombat no understand but Ombat like see big muscles *slobber*
    Literally snorted with laughter! Ombat funny
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

    Comment


    • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      In men, low testosterone may lead to:

      infertility,
      decrease sexual function and desire,
      erectile dysfunction (ED),
      hair loss,
      decreased muscle mass, and
      osteoporosis.

      Full thyroid in the UK is TSH and T4. They won't test T3 unless your either of those are out of range. And the range in the UK is much wider than in the rest of Europe. I fought and fought to get my T3 tested, cos my T4 was low by European standards, but just within UK standards, and my doc refused.

      You can google how much it costs to get these tests done privately: from what I remember it was 100 for TSH, T4 and T3.

      It takes up to a week, and you'll probably need to call them, and specifically ask them to give you your figures.




      Literally snorted with laughter! Ombat funny
      Are both T3 and T4 released by the thyroid gland? It seems strange that they wouldn't test both if they are from the same thing? On the other hand, I thought the thyroid released T4 and the liver (?) made that into T3, which gives a reason for not testing T3?

      It's strange/stupid that we have a different range the Europe. I mean, we are a diverse country and surely they should take influence from EU whom are just as diverse. I also get that different cultures may have slight variations, but we are all humans!

      Did you get your tests printed out by the Doc or did you ask the receptionist?

      I expected it to be several hundreds more for some reason. A child was in the news today because his Parents want to "pay back" the 250,000 it cost for bone marrow transplant. I'd never have though it cost that much!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
        On the other hand, I thought the thyroid released T4 and the liver (?) made that into T3, which gives a reason for not testing T3?
        Yes, t4 converts to t3 in the liver. That's why low carb can be bad for conversion. T3 is the active form of thyroid hormone.

        If they won't test t3 you could always do a send away test... But it will cost you out if pocket. :/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
          It's strange/stupid that we have a different range the Europe. I mean, we are a diverse country and surely they should take influence from EU whom are just as diverse. I also get that different cultures may have slight variations, but we are all humans!
          I suspect the range is wider because we have free health care! Less diagnosed illness = fewer people's treatment to pay for.
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

          In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

          - Ray Peat

          Comment


          • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
            I suspect the range is wider because we have free health care! Less diagnosed illness = fewer people's treatment to pay for.
            Oh yes, of course! My Father had a health checkup the other month. He's 51, 22 stone (loosing weight though), smokes, doesn't exercise and eats crap with high LDL cholesterol. The nurse provided a "risk factor" which is marked out of 40. Higher the number the more likely you are to have major organ failures. My Father is marked as a risk factors of 17. WTF.

            I'm sorry but this is a typical case of most lifestyle related deaths yet they they are marking it as low risk? Of course they prefer to treat symptoms (which has has none of) than actually prevent the cause.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by brooke.S. View Post
              Yes, t4 converts to t3 in the liver. That's why low carb can be bad for conversion. T3 is the active form of thyroid hormone.

              If they won't test t3 you could always do a send away test... But it will cost you out if pocket. :/
              I see. It's confusing that some images/videos show both T3 and T4 being release by the thyroid if that's not the case.

              I'm not really expecting much from the thyroid tests given that they don't always show hypothyroid for some reason. I'll have some money when I sell my car, but I really doubt I'll pay for private tests. I mean, it's not as if they can successfully treat hypothyroidism with meds is it? If my testosterone is low, is it standard practice to hand out pills for that too? Too early to say yet but if the tests show I need pills, I doubt I'll be getting the prescription. (which is only 7.20 for how ever many boxes of pills the Doc orders)

              Comment


              • Om, i laughed.

                N, they dont test t3 because they think as long as you have adequate t4 the body will just naturally turn it to t3, too bad most hypo problems stem from the lack of conversion. It gets worse when they dole out a synthetic t4 like synthroid. And yes, definitely say that you have low libido/ed problems and its effecting your quality of life.

                Comment


                • And yes, your right that even if you do have thyroid issues or low t, most likely they will not give you any medications and even if they did it will be a shitty kind/amount and if you get test therapy most likely it will make things worse because they never presribe a estrogen blocker so you might just get bitch tits out of the deal.

                  Thats why i say, dont worry about tests, work on what you could be doing for yourself.

                  Comment


                  • I've heard of synthroid, it sounds like an industrial cleaner and I'd never put that in my body. (let alone the rest of my life which seems to be the prescription). If I decline any drugs they may prescribe, will they think I'm mad or something? (I totally know I'm getting a little ahead of myself here!)

                    What did your Doc recommend you do, if meds don't do anything? I can't really imagine modern medicine telling people to eat certain whole foods (though there's more to it that just eating fruit). Google suggests that it's commonly understood that recovery from hypo is with natural methods with lots of nutrients and high protein)

                    I know these tests aren't going to make me better, but just from a psychological point, seeing if I do actually have low hormones or whatever, makes the changes more worthwhile since I don't feel much different these days. (bloating and constipation are back for instance). I'd probably look at some kind of supplement (iodine?) other than Ashwagandha if there's any benefit.

                    Also, I know this is probably asked a thousand times a day, but where can I get a high protein source other than cheese? I'm not really bothering with milk these days either.
                    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-17-2013, 12:34 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Om no get what funny. Om completely serious.

                      So I took a few- four- five days off of... everything (didn't even write down a single bite of what I'd eaten. You'd be so proud) and I'm ready to get back into it. I tried Haagen Dazs over the weekend and it didn't seem to create any serious problems.

                      I calculated that if I spread (for example) 1/2 pt. of ice cream, 1 lb of mangoes, a few eggs, and some chocolate over the course of a day I'd still have a few hundred calories free to eat more of the same, add in some meat, cheese, etc. while having covered all of my requirements if that's all I want at the end of the day. I know you said not to count calories but I think I don't eat enough if I don't pay attention. What say you?
                      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                      Comment


                      • None of my docs did shit. I got scripts for anti depressents, synthroid and very low dose armour. I gave up on docs and did it myself.

                        Try to get tests if you want, the test would be of interest, but seriously it wont change anything. Just do what you can, fake it till you make it they say. Get of the computer for instance. Also i hear jerking off a ton can raise test so do that. Go have sex as well.

                        Protein is hard to get if you dont eat a lot of meat. Id just recommend cottage cheese, crab and other shellfish and maybe get a protein powder if nothing else.

                        Comment


                        • Yep, I'm making the most of the summer over here because once it gets cold, I'll be bundled up inside for the next 8 months. Depressing shit. What do you think about tuna, PUFA wise? It's very high in protein, almost double that of beef or lamb!

                          The web advises reducing sugars and carbs as they can lower testosterone... Thoughts? (we all know eating pink fairy cakes isn't going to boost testosterone like a good ol' piece of meat will. Also brassicas can help remove estrogens but those cause huge bloating and I don't eat them or much veg anymore. In fact the basic Paleo diet apparently raises testosterone with site recommending avocado, nuts, oils, meats and greens: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/0...one-naturally/ )

                          I laughed - telling a 22 year old male to jerk more is not really heard of. Havn't lost it yet and don't think I will 'til I meet the girl I plan to spend the rest of my life with. (shock!) Fleshlight anyone LOL
                          Last edited by Nstocks; 07-17-2013, 01:20 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ombat View Post
                            Om no get what funny. Om completely serious.

                            So I took a few- four- five days off of... everything (didn't even write down a single bite of what I'd eaten. You'd be so proud) and I'm ready to get back into it. I tried Haagen Dazs over the weekend and it didn't seem to create any serious problems.

                            I calculated that if I spread (for example) 1/2 pt. of ice cream, 1 lb of mangoes, a few eggs, and some chocolate over the course of a day I'd still have a few hundred calories free to eat more of the same, add in some meat, cheese, etc. while having covered all of my requirements if that's all I want at the end of the day. I know you said not to count calories but I think I don't eat enough if I don't pay attention. What say you?
                            Sounds awesome! Dont know why youd care to count cals since your not even a little chubs. As long as you know what your base is that you have to eat then your set. Thats what i do as well.

                            Comment


                            • N, if you like tuna, go for it. Only a few times week though cause of heavy metals. I would stick with lamb for the most part if i were you.

                              Also, sew your seed bro.

                              Comment


                              • Haha, quote of the week there! I need to be in a solid relationship to do that. Haven't had one yet but something tells me when I get my career into action, I'll meet someone. I don't know of anyone in real life that I have much in common with or that I'm attracted to. Not looking yet, and I realise sitting at home isn't going to get me anywhere.

                                Seriously, fleshlight looks good lol. (sorry ladies, I know that's probably sad but single men have their needs.) I have a lot of respect for women, which is probably another reason why I didn't have sex at uni... Lets not go into that.
                                Last edited by Nstocks; 07-17-2013, 01:38 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X