Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    Nstocks, I'm sorry if this sounds blunt but my feeling is that you're way over-thinking this. Every post I read from you, you're looking at diet in minute detail and talking about recovering, and raising your body temp. What are you recovering from? From what I remember, you haven't actually had your thyroid tested.

    I did Matt Stone's protocol a few months ago, but I only did it for a month. I'd had an ED, and it was a huge step in my recovery from that. Body temp didn't improve, and after I finished the refeeding I got obsessive about it, and after another month had a moment of clarity when I realised that it really didn't matter what my temp was. It's much better to focus on aspects of health that make a distinct change in mood and energy, the temp will follow. (fwiw - I've realised that what really makes me warmer is exercising). On that note- where are you taking your temp - orally or under arm?

    I think you need to get over this idea of recovering and just eat the damn food. You're a young, lean guy - you don't need to be obsessing over what you put into your body. I mean, the crux of Stone's protocol is that you eat whatever the fuck you want. Sorry if this is overly blunt but I remember your story and I feel for you. And I just see you making the same mistakes again in a different context.

    Oh, fyi - gelatine in morning coffee = guaranteed BM
    I'm recovering from an eating disorder but that's not really my main reason for Diet recovery. My "symptoms" are freezing feet (cold body temp.) , dark under eye circles, mild acne, dry skin, constipation, bloating after eating and no desire to move about. I haven't have my thyroid tested and I don't plan on doing so. From what I've heard, even if the tests comes back "OK", the T3/T4 hormones don't always show up as out of balance and I'd have a very hard time convincing my doctor that anything is wrong with me. (They wouldn't even help my Dad whom has a weird toe nail and said it will cost to have it removed! WTF, we are on the NHS!!!)

    Most of my questions recently are about how I'm feeling. I'm constipated and tired a lot of the time but this is an expected outcome of eating so much food. I'm challenging my metabolism, digestion everything so it's not all going to be fun. I'm taking my temp orally and so far it hasn't changed.

    I've mostly go over the food phobia, I've ate a lot that I don't normally eat just to see how I react. It's when I post about the foods I'm eating that I get mixed feelings about what I should be eating (again). Like too much fat, cheese can cause constipation, nuts are not great for recovering etc. I appreciate all this advice, but then things get obsessive again because it's like, oh what to eat now! I know I can eat whatever I want, but this end up being pure junk that leaves me hungry every hour.

    One thing I'm certain of, it that I shouldn't eat so much before bedtime. My body probably can't work on actually recovering if it has to try and digest food all night.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 07-06-2013, 04:44 AM.

    Comment


    • Yea dont worry to much, its takes a lot of manipulating and back peddling to find out what works and doesnt. Both Yoga and I have tried tons of different stuff, you will too.

      Definitely try gving your digestion a rest before bed. Even 4-5 hours might be better, i personally like going to bed nearly empty and waking up completely empty and ready to eliminate. Of you get the adrenalin rush/peeing at night feeling then try a small snack of salt/sugar right before bed.

      Also salmon is about half 3/4 or more unsaturated. Its a cold water fish so it cant have much saturated in its body.

      Comment


      • There was a sale AND a new flavor!

        Comment


        • OMG, that ice cream looks SO good. Where do you get it from? I've never seen it around here. Sea salted caramel...hmmm...The chocolate malt looks good too!

          My journal

          Comment


          • Butterscotch pecan....

            N, I just want to say that I empathize with you in regards to over thinking and obsessing when you're not feeling well. It's a very difficult mindset to get out of once you're already stuck, but I really think you should take Zach's advice. Throw a bunch of food in a pack and just get out of the house, go do something, call up some friends. Just find something to do to STOP THINKING about it. Or even just do the backpack thing so that you already have all your food in one place and don't have to make any decisions throughout the day. Just say, this is what I have so that's what I'm going to eat. At this point your mindset might be even more detrimental than what you're putting into your mouth.

            Can I get some quick advice, Zachadoodle? My stomach has not been a happy camper the past few days (I think a lot of it is hormonal, actually, but I'll find out within the week if that is the case..) and so I want to take it easy today - doing mostly liquids (juice, broth), syrup, gelatin and eggs. Whenever I do this I'm always afraid I'm not getting enough to eat so do you think I should plan it out (and if so, how many calories, carbs, protein, etc should I be aiming for?) or should I just go with whatever I'm feeling? So far I've only had a cup of coffee w/ gelatin and sugar today. I'm getting hungry but I don't want to eat anything. It's starting to dawn on me that my energy crashes occur at pretty consistent intervals after meals and I'm on a super high from being fasted right now (same happened yesterday when I didn't eat breakfast) but I know that's not a solution. Arg. Anyway, <3
            Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

            Comment


            • Diene, its without a doubt the best store bough ice cream i have had. They managed to make it creamy and soft with only using 5 ingredients (milk, cream, sugar, eggs, salt) and the flavors. My local Whole Foods just started carrying it and they have gotten a new flavor every month or so. Also its cheaper then any other ice cream at under $5 regular and 3.89 on sale!

              Om, i wouldnt worry about calories. Just take a break from eating. Drink juice and other liquid calories to keep a steady supply of energy coming in. Make sure to get some protein throughout the day and a decent amount of sugar and you should be fine.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Zach View Post
                Om, i wouldnt worry about calories. Just take a break from eating. Drink juice and other liquid calories to keep a steady supply of energy coming in. Make sure to get some protein throughout the day and a decent amount of sugar and you should be fine.
                Cool, thanks! Lots of gelatin in juice.
                Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                Comment


                • The milk coffee one is the best.

                  Zach, I have a question, from one man to another...

                  How do you get a really close shave? I'm getting tired of the permanent 5 o'clock shadow I have. I shave, then after I leave the bathroom it looks like I haven't shaved at all. Or I shaved 2 days ago for something important, and haven't shaved since.

                  Yeah, Om, don't worry about calorie intake for a few days, it's not going to make anything worse. I've always just ate as many calories as I felt I needed, no more, no less. If I wasn't hungry, I wouldn't it. Could be related to stomach discomfort or mood, either way I never force myself to eat.
                  Make America Great Again

                  Comment


                  • Wax dat shit.

                    :P

                    There are plenty of Vietnamese women near you who would be happy to do so.
                    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ombat View Post
                      Wax dat shit.

                      :P

                      There are plenty of Vietnamese women near you who would be happy to do so.
                      Yeah... I don't think so.
                      Make America Great Again

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
                        I'm recovering from an eating disorder but that's not really my main reason for Diet recovery. My "symptoms" are freezing feet (cold body temp.) , dark under eye circles, mild acne, dry skin, constipation, bloating after eating and no desire to move about. I haven't have my thyroid tested and I don't plan on doing so. From what I've heard, even if the tests comes back "OK", the T3/T4 hormones don't always show up as out of balance and I'd have a very hard time convincing my doctor that anything is wrong with me. (They wouldn't even help my Dad whom has a weird toe nail and said it will cost to have it removed! WTF, we are on the NHS!!!)

                        Most of my questions recently are about how I'm feeling. I'm constipated and tired a lot of the time but this is an expected outcome of eating so much food. I'm challenging my metabolism, digestion everything so it's not all going to be fun. I'm taking my temp orally and so far it hasn't changed.

                        I've mostly go over the food phobia, I've ate a lot that I don't normally eat just to see how I react. It's when I post about the foods I'm eating that I get mixed feelings about what I should be eating (again). Like too much fat, cheese can cause constipation, nuts are not great for recovering etc. I appreciate all this advice, but then things get obsessive again because it's like, oh what to eat now! I know I can eat whatever I want, but this end up being pure junk that leaves me hungry every hour.

                        One thing I'm certain of, it that I shouldn't eat so much before bedtime. My body probably can't work on actually recovering if it has to try and digest food all night.
                        Nstokes, I'm sorry if what I wrote was harsh. I guess let me put it like this - if something is not damaging your life, forget about it. An ED can ruin your life for sure, but things like cold feet, bloating, dark circles... how much happier would you be if you didn't have them? From what I see, the othorexia is the main problem you faced, the reason I'm being so blunt is because from what I see, the diet recovery is just another form of obsessing about food.

                        Maybe you won't take what I say seriously, and that's fine. If I could offer you any advice it would be try to start being sensible about food. Just eat in a reasonably balanced way, and don't eat if you're not hungry. (Honestly: overeating junk is probably why you're constipated. eating more does not = more BMs). Sorry if this sounds mean, but I think you're being your own worst enemy.
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                        In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                        - Ray Peat

                        Comment


                        • Derp, sorry bro im the wrong guy to ask about close shaves. Havnt put a razor to my face in over a year? I always either have a beard or use my clippers at the closest guard and shave that way. I cant stand the feeling the day of and after a real shave, probably because buying good razors is expensive so mine are always old and dull.

                          My suggestion if you really wan to get into it is either buy a flat razor and a brush for shaving cream and do it old fashioned. Or go get a professional shave.

                          Comment


                          • Oh and Yoga, more food most definitely mean more BM's if digestion is working as it should.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Zach View Post
                              Oh and Yoga, more food most definitely mean more BM's if digestion is working as it should.
                              Yeah. IF digestion is working as it should be! I've had 10K cal binges in the past and been constipated the next day.
                              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                              In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                              - Ray Peat

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                                Yeah. IF digestion is working as it should be! I've had 10K cal binges in the past and been constipated the next day.
                                Yea that would be unpleasent to say the least!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X