Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Om, i dont know what Jamba is.

Yoyo, hi! No i havnt had a single craving for meat. Its just so unappealing to me. I do get mad cravings for bread, so i indulge maybe 3-4 times a week. Maybe women crave meat because of the iron content?

N, probably just a lot of liquids. Give a low liquid/high mineral day a go and see if you warm up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
      Om, i dont know what Jamba is.
      You poor bastard. It would be right up your alley.. http://www.jambajuice.com/
      I'm sure you have something just like it in MN, though
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
        You poor bastard. It would be right up your alley.. Jamba Juice
        I'm sure you have something just like it in MN, though
        In MN, maybe. in my town, no.

Comment

• Oh I know they have it in MN, actually. A friend of mine grew up in St. Paul and frequented it often. You'll have to look it up if you ever venture into the city.

Comment

• Into the big city(s)?! Im scurred!

Actually im headed there next weekend for my kids bday. Will be sure to give it a try and also eat at least 3 Chipotle burritos (non vegetarian!).

Comment

• Chipotle is good, too bad they use soybean oil, which makes me violently ill ;_; My kryptonite.

Chipotle: Special Diet Information

But apparently the pork carnitas does not have soybean oil[citation needed], though I fuckin' hate pork and it makes me sick too, so either way Chipotle is a wash for me. Too bad.
              Last edited by Derpamix; 06-22-2013, 08:44 AM.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• Chipotle is all the rage.

How does pork make you feel? I've been able to avoid it for some time now but the fam is making bacon for breakfast. I'll try to get out of eating it but if pressured I might just give in. I haven't been eating pork because I know too much about it, but I don't think it actually makes me feel bad..?

Comment

• I had Chipotle twice on my trip and it's damn good.

Happy birthday, Zachs son!
                  "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Damn good indeed. I had some carnitas enchiladas last week and had no problem with the pork.

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
                      Chipotle is all the rage.

How does pork make you feel? I've been able to avoid it for some time now but the fam is making bacon for breakfast. I'll try to get out of eating it but if pressured I might just give in. I haven't been eating pork because I know too much about it, but I don't think it actually makes me feel bad..?
                      I think, for me, the effects are mostly nocebo, I saw a video of a pig getting its head severed, and haven't been able to eat pork since. Pigs are actually close to humans, though, so I don't think uncured pork is the best thing to eat. The effects are it's the only thing that makes my skin feel remotely greasy, and it gives me the worst stomach ache in the world and can induce instant vomiting, if I know I've eaten pork. Though, despite that, I can eat porcine gelatin with no problems. Weird.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Interesting. Reminds me of my sister. She had to dissect a fetal pig in high school and hasn't been able to eat pork since... Unless it's bacon. She can do bacon juuuuuust fine.

Comment

• Pork is for goyim, good goyim eat your pork!

In all seriousness though, this is worth a read for anyone interested in what pork actually does:

The Trouble with Pork, Part 2 - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

• I will read it, but Im sure I know most of it already. I do avoid pork. I dont buy it, I dont order it, I eat what else is around, but since I dont feel an immediate reactiom I wont refuse it if it is nicely placed directly under my nose, like it was this morning. And damn that bacon was good.

Comment

• That's cool. I'm probably a special case when it comes to reactions from pork, so I definitely refuse it when it's placed under my nose. Breakfast with my mom last week consisted of a bunch of bacon, I politely declined, everyone asked why, because bacon is so good, everyone loves bacon, and I replied like an autistic person, and my mom told me to stop being such a girl.

I still didn't eat the bacon. In the end I told her I was watching my figure, and pork goes straight to my thighs, and I rather like my pronounced leg gap.

Pretty sure her husband thinks I'm gay. Doesn't help I had painted my nails last week too, and had a french mani
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

• Maybe ill start pretending i give a shit about my culture and tell people im kosher

Comment

Working...
                                X