Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come with me, we'll go and see The Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Coop nearby? They carry one called Guru i believe its cane sugar.

Comment

• Zach,

For breakfast, I'm going to have a banana smoothie with loads of high fat yogurt, maple syrup and coconut oil. I know this goes down easy and I digest it well.

For lunch, I made rice pudding, and I'm putting some sliced pear and apricot on top.

I have no idea what to eat for dinner. Last night, it was gluten free pancakes. I NEED IDEAS BRO.

Oh, and I'm seriously contemplating a juicer so I can get veggies in SOME form. My mama had one way back in the day and I remember liking what she concocted with that little thing.
      A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

• Originally posted by patski View Post
        Zach,

For breakfast, I'm going to have a banana smoothie with loads of high fat yogurt, maple syrup and coconut oil. I know this goes down easy and I digest it well.

For lunch, I made rice pudding, and I'm putting some sliced pear and apricot on top.

I have no idea what to eat for dinner. Last night, it was gluten free pancakes. I NEED IDEAS BRO.

Oh, and I'm seriously contemplating a juicer so I can get veggies in SOME form. My mama had one way back in the day and I remember liking what she concocted with that little thing.
        I'm find that my best meal is my brunch. ( I don't eat breakfast). I just have 4-5 servings of fresh fruit and some honey.

Depending on how much I can be bothered to cook, I eat a small amount of animal/fish and some carrots/sweet potatoes. Lately though I've just been eating fruit and cheese. It's kinda wierd not having a different type of food i.e non sugary, but I quite like the energy and digestibility I get from it. I've also stopped taking Super enzymes/HCL because I have better digestion.

I too would love ideas too! The only things I can think of are almond flour products like pizza but I don't care for that stuff.

Comment

• Patski, check out a masticating juicer, they have hand crank ones on armazon for $50! I have one and its awesome.

Hard to gve you guys options without knowing exactly what foods you do and do not eat.

I love making breakfast for dinner. A lot of days i will just snack on dairy and fruit all day then have a massive breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs or over easy with hash browns is my go to meal. French toast with brea cheese, swedish pancakes with fruit and cheese and syrup, sometimes i will have meat and eggs as well, even bacon (gasp)!

Other then that, last night i had chili with corn bread covered in honey. Sometimes i will have a big steak with lots of sweet potatoes, pizza is at least once a week. Oh grill cheeses! O make all different kinds, a lot of times with tomato soup.

A lot of this is harder to do without bread products but maybe give bread another try not that your digestion and metabolisms are better. I actually feel better eating wheat several times a week then going without it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
            A lot of this is harder to do without bread products but maybe give bread another try not that your digestion and metabolisms are better. I actually feel better eating wheat several times a week then going without it.
            Blasphemy!

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by serenity View Post
              Blasphemy!
              Haha! It really is silly how scary the word wheat is around here.

onoz-omg.gif

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11789[/ATTACH]
                Lol, that's a good presentation of how the majority of people on here think about wheat... I'm one of them! I really can't tolerate gluten, it gives me stomach cramps then diarrhoea. I did buy some gluten free biscuits (made with oat flour) this week. Unfortunately they were made with disgusting vegetable fat... I don't know of any gluten free biscuit that don't have vegetable fat. Same with candy, I don't know of any without glucose syrup (HFCS)

I have 28 pints of raw goat milk coming next week
                Last edited by Nstocks; 05-22-2013, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Did gluten always give you problems or just when you started eating "healthy"? I think many people give themselves intolerances. If your digestion is weak then you may have more allergies and intolerances. One of my biggest goals with people is to get them to be able to eat anything in any amount and have no issues.

Comment

Did gluten always give you problems or just when you started eating "healthy"? I think many people give themselves intolerances. If your digestion is weak then you may have more allergies and intolerances. One of my biggest goals with people is to get them to be able to eat anything in any amount and have no issues.
                    I always got bloat when eating cereals, but I never really paid attention to how I felt back then. I do pretty well with non gluten products, but they are usually full of crap so I don't buy them anymore. I've been reading a lot about how goat milk can help with allergies, so who knows, it may help me digestion more than any of the fermented stuff did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
                      Lol, that's a good presentation of how the majority of people on here think about wheat... I'm one of them! I really can't tolerate gluten, it gives me stomach cramps then diarrhoea.
                      I disagree that the majority of people on this forum feel that way about gluten. Those who do feel that way are usually the ones who have the worst reaction to eating it and have decided to avoid it entirely so they can continue to feel healthy.

People who do not react to gluten at all usually consume it socially or as a treat. I have never seen anyone here who was not celiac or seriously gluten intolerant say they go to the lengths that everyone who is celiac must if they are to avoid accidental glutening or cross-contamination.

But many who do react continue to consciously consume. The 80/20 concept is often expressed as a justification for eating up to 20% of your diet as gluten products, even if you react strongly. But not only that, it is expressed as justification for telling people who are reactors that they should be eating gluten, too. That they owe it to other people in social situations to eat something that may harm them long-term.

Now there's a belief for you, that even if you react to eating gluten, it is still harmless to eat and will have no long-term effects. It goes hand in hand with the idea that hardly anyone is really celiac, that most of them are avoiding gluten to annoy other people and feel special. Or that 100% of those who are celiac have been diagnosed by doctors, and there is no one who is celiac but doesn't know it.

Ah, yes, thanks to Zach's update, the belief that gluten intolerance is created by going gluten-free. Yep, I read that a lot from people who learned everything they know about gluten intolerance from their friends who are annoyed at people who don't eat pizza and burgers. Even the most incompetent doctor knows better than to think that celiiac is caused by eating a gluten-free diet.

But thanks to the fact that I learned what I know about gluten intolerance on celiac sites rather than here, these are ideas that I disregard in order to stay healthy, live long, and prosper.
                      Last edited by eKatherine; 05-22-2013, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• For instance, i bet if katherine changed her diet to a more metabolically friendly diet that her egg white allergy would disappear.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11789[/ATTACH]
                          LOL - brilliant GIF!

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                          For instance, i bet if katherine changed her diet to a more metabolically friendly diet that her egg white allergy would disappear.
                          Umm. Zach, I think someone likes you!
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Did gluten always give you problems or just when you started eating "healthy"? I think many people give themselves intolerances. If your digestion is weak then you may have more allergies and intolerances. One of my biggest goals with people is to get them to be able to eat anything in any amount and have no issues.
                            WTF!!

Comment

For instance, i bet if katherine changed her diet to a more metabolically friendly diet that her egg white allergy would disappear.
                              Let's see, if I start eating wheat again and eat an extra pound of sugar a day as sucrose, you mean?

You don't really have a clue what I normally eat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nstocks View Post
                                I always got bloat when eating cereals, but I never really paid attention to how I felt back then. I do pretty well with non gluten products, but they are usually full of crap so I don't buy them anymore. I've been reading a lot about how goat milk can help with allergies, so who knows, it may help me digestion more than any of the fermented stuff did.
                                Yea but you had bloating with everything. Bloating is a digestion and hormonal issue for the most part. I bet you will be able to eat wheat again if you so choose in the near future. Oh glorious day!

Comment

Working...
                                X