No announcement yet.

Momto3's Journey of Healing and Health

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368500843.381855.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368500854.788895.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368500878.937033.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368500890.232722.jpg
    I did better today. No snacking. Hunger at meal times. Getting protein is helping.

I had some dark chocolate. Not sure if it sat well though.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 155 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Comment

Hi -- thank you for inviting me over to your journal I've subscribed so will be keeping in touch.

What app do you use to keep track of your food? I use Daily Burn Tracker but am not crazy about the subscription fee.

Mmmm dark chocolate. I like Lindt's 70% as an occasional treat but it has sugar in it. Baking dark choc is way too bitter, so will need to find a good recipe with coconut sugar or maple syrup...

Comment

I use Diet Organizer. I think it was free. Not sure. I like it. Plus it has a place for tracking measurements.

My Journal

Comment

Got it! It was $3.99. I like that it can track all the different nutrients and give you the fat/protein/carb percentage visually. The food list would benefit from an online user-submitted database -- it didn't even have a listing for guacamole.

I'll keep testing it out this month and see what works.

Oh, have you tried eating ginger for your stomach issues? It can help. I tend to mix ginger powder in with hummus (pre-primal) or dressing.

Comment

May 15thImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368716370.349487.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368716380.697970.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368716390.848833.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368716403.128952.jpg

Exercise: power yoga stretch 20 min
            Walk with boys & friend: 2.8 miles for 2.5 hours

Stress: a little high in afternoon/evening. I was upset and craving chocolate. I had water instead. Had headache when I went to bed.
            Sleep: 11pm

Today: woke up at 5 to take Tylenol
            Skipped workout due to fighting cold. Chose rest.

Weight: 144.2 sigh
            I was getting hopeful that the calorie restriction and reduced fat would help move the weight down.

It's only been two weeks since I started the cortisol lowering supplements. Patience, patience, more deep breathing, acceptance. I am doing the best that I can and that is enough.

My Journal

Comment

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368759869.981657.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368759882.183547.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368759891.803270.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368759905.105723.jpg

About 300 calories over goal. It was emotional. I wanted ice cream because I had a tiring and frustrating day with the kids. Instead of lifting my mood I am disappointed. I am over full now. Tomorrow is a new day.

My Journal

Comment

Another day of over eating. And a strange fat binge I guess you might call it. Quiche Lorraine at midnight. Then almond flour pancakes. The day included Snickerdoodles. Oh boy. I see it. Sugar. Same patterns. Let a little bit in. ( dark chocolate) and I am throwing things way off.

I am up with my three year old. We let him sleep too long this afternoon and he is now wired. It's now after 12:30. He's got to be tired soon.

Tomorrow I am going to have a light eating day and hopefully it will help even out these past couple days. Yikes.

My Journal

Comment

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1369020266.353647.jpg

So eating light didn't happen.
                  A long walk did at least
                  Being in the sunshine -yes!
                  Took a 2 hr nap. Feeling much refreshed.

My Journal

Comment

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1369109880.221986.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1369109891.232212.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1369109898.415092.jpgImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1369109906.429828.jpg

I did pretty good on eating today!
                    I've reached my calorie goals, but I am hungry.

Exercise: did a 14 min full body workout. I really like the Instant Fitness app. I did the Bulldozer routine.

Sunshine: we took a spontaneous trip to the river with some family. It was so refreshing.

Energy: pretty great considering I'm fighting a cold. All three boys have it. Fun.

Sleep: went to bed late last night, but slept hard.

Digestion: great! This is so amazing and wonderful. It's been years and years. Wow!!

My Journal

Comment

Great on the digestion, and the good sleep. Hope you get over this cold quickly.
                      Annie Ups the Ante
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Thanks Annieh!

My Journal

Comment

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1369154820.096678.jpg

Just wanted to share my favorite photo from the 10K. 😊

My Journal

Comment

So I was reading my devotional ( book with brief daily thoughts, inspiration, scriptures) and something struck my heart.
                            ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1369230001.610373.jpg

"Your mind engages in efforts to take control of a situation, to bring about the result you desire. Your thoughts close in on the problem like ravenous wolves. Determined to make things go your way, you forget that I am in charge of your life.... Stop all your striving...."

So these last couple days I have felt this way. Reading, reading, reading, trying to figure out how to get these last pounds to go. I have been reminded of some good things like stopping the potato chips and focusing on good food.

When I stopped to pray and acknowledge the One who put this body together and seek His advice, I sensed in my heart,"nourish your body"

There are so many approaches that work differently for people.

There is also a self acceptance that is lacking in me. It's been suggested numerous times that my body may be happy where it is. That may be true. I am feeling good actually. It is the mental part. 1. I am not happy with my body. I wanted the belly fat to go. 2. I fear that by accepting my body and relaxing about things I will just start gaining weight. I put it on so easily and it is so hard to get it to come off.

nour·ish (nûrsh, nr-)
                            tr.v. nour·ished, nour·ish·ing, nour·ish·es
                            1. To provide with food or other substances necessary for life and growth; feed.
                            2. To foster the development of; promote: "Athens was an imperial city, nourished by the tribute of subjects" (V. Gordon Childe).
                            3. To keep alive; maintain: nourish a hope.

Nourish.... To promote health in my body by feeding it nutrient dense foods. Stop striving.....do not allow fear to drive me. Rest & acceptance. Enjoy the new level of healing my body is experiencing!

My Journal

Comment

"Nourish your body". That is such a good word, Momto3.
                              Annie Ups the Ante
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Well, I ordered the book. Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. It will be an interesting experiment. On the Look Inside on Amazon it gave the master food lists for the different phases. She was smart to have the phases only last 2-3 days. I will miss my whole eggs 4/7 days of the week though. I'll have a read through then if I do decide to do it, I will start in the beginning of June. heh heh.. it works out that my birthday will be just before the start.

My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X