Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're right, I should have made it more Peat by drinking it with OJ!

There is indeed a disconnect, and it is freaking fascinating!

So guys...I signed up for a Tough Mudder race that takes place this Saturday. I don't feel prepared for it. Because I had originally planned on moving sooner, I had thought that I wouldn't be here for the race so didn't do much to prepare. I'm going with one college buddy and his friends (they live in NYC) as a team so it'll probably be fun. But I'm also kinda scared, and it's one more thing to do and worry about. I'm not sure if I should do it, but I don't want to chicken out either. What do you think? Should I go?

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
      You're right, I should have made it more Peat by drinking it with OJ!

There is indeed a disconnect, and it is freaking fascinating!

So guys...I signed up for a Tough Mudder race that takes place this Saturday. I don't feel prepared for it. Because I had originally planned on moving sooner, I had thought that I wouldn't be here for the race so didn't do much to prepare. I'm going with one college buddy and his friends (they live in NYC) as a team so it'll probably be fun. But I'm also kinda scared, and it's one more thing to do and worry about. I'm not sure if I should do it, but I don't want to chicken out either. What do you think? Should I go?
      Go!! It sounds hella fun. Yes I just said hella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Yeah, I was just talking to my friend, and I think I'll go and just skip any obstacles I think I might drown in. Haha! My biggest concern is that I'm a terrible swimmer, and some of the obstacles are over water (so if you fall off, you fall into water). I'm not sure how deep the water is, but if it's really deep, then I won't be able to do it. I've heard that it's not that deep, but I don't know for sure... But I think I could just go and skip things as needed.

My journal

Comment

• I wonder if Limerence is a chemical imbalance in the brain...

Seriously!
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• The neurochemical basis of limerence is not well understood (because it hasn't been studied), but I'm pretty sure that it does involve chemical imbalances, in the sense that you get wild fluctuations in the levels of certain neurotransmitters. Limerents experience periods of buoyancy, a sense of freedom (ironically)--this is basically a "high." Based on how the high feels--it's likely caused by surges in dopamine, norepinephrine, and possibly serotonin. It's possible that oxytocin also increases as well.

It definitely needs to be studied in greater detail. When you are in a limerent state--your LO is like a drug. They trigger the high and the obsession. After an initial stage of sustained high intensity, the intensity of the obsession waxes and wanes. Periods of high intensity are usually triggered by something--any kind of contact with the LO, things that remind you of your feelings for the LO (for me, my journal from that time period and poems I wrote for my LO), and even dreams about your LO. In my experience, after a few years, limerence can still come in waves. For example, for a while, I experienced a 2-year break in my limerence, during which I was pretty much normal. Then my LO came to Philly to give a talk, and we hung out. Bang. Back it comes. It lasts a few months, and then another lull. Then, suddenly, I started having these dreams about my LO. The limerence comes back, etc. That's how it's been since I first became limerent 10 years ago--it comes in waves with gaps/breaks in between--and we've lived in different states over most of the past 10 years. I haven't had a relapse in over a year. But I doubt that I'm completely over it. This thing is a constant threat to my life and any relationship I may have with anyone else. Because when the limerence hits, I can only think of my LO. So I could be in a normal, happy relationship with someone one day, and, the next day, I could find myself unable to think of anything but my LO. It's madness.

FB guy is getting defensive over all the info I've sent him regarding limerence. He says it's "being human." It really isn't. There is no way in hell that this is a normal state of being...unless all humans are crazy.

I think what happened with FB guy is that...his limerence must have been at a low ebb when we started talking a lot on FB. He hadn't had any contact with her for a few months until a few days ago when he ran into her. And then, obviously, it all comes back, and now he is completely crazy again. Sigh.

I must say that it's only been a few days, but I am exhausted by his obsession. My God! It's like day and night and just goes on and on, round and round in circles. Now I see how insane I must have been when I was obsessed with my LO and why all of my friends eventually got totally sick of me talking about it. One never sees one's own madness so clearly as when it is reflected in someone else.

My journal

Comment

• Last edited by diene; 10-11-2013, 05:14 PM.

My journal

Comment

• Hi Diene, I don't have much to say, but I thought I'd send some hugs your way.

YaY, I actually remember the 90s pretty well, except for maybe the last couple of years from that decade, which are not as clear in my mind, I must say

Comment

• Thanks, Gray! Yeah, makes you feel old when the songs you think of are from 20 years ago.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

My journal

Comment

• I know all these feels
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

• Look what I found! Yeah, I'm trying milk again.

The Sleepytime thing is cuz I think I caught Yogabare's insomnia! Kept waking up at 3-4 AM these past couple nights. But now I don't know if I should drink it cuz it contains melatonin, and I'm wondering if it's going to make me feel all groggy tomorrow. But I also don't want to be unable to sleep and end up being a zombie during the race...

Maybe I'll drink half of it and see how it goes.

ETA: Wow, that's a really blurry and terrible picture. It wasn't obvious until I saw it on my computer screen. :/

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                        I know all these feels

My journal

Comment

• That milk is pretty good, and yeah stay away from the melatonin

Coffee before bed actually helps me sleep heavily, but I'm a different breed of weird. Try marijuana?
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Yeah, coffee definitely doesn't help me sleep. When I used to drink a lot of it, it didn't keep me up either. But, nowadays, if I drink coffee too late in the day, I won't be able to get to sleep. Don't have any marijuana...plus, too likely to show up on a drug test. :/ I really would prefer to just not have insomnia.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                              Yeah, coffee definitely doesn't help me sleep. When I used to drink a lot of it, it didn't keep me up either. But, nowadays, if I drink coffee too late in the day, I won't be able to get to sleep. Don't have any marijuana...plus, too likely to show up on a drug test. :/ I really would prefer to just not have insomnia.
                              What are you being drug tested for? Jobs? They give out medical cards for insomnia.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

• A couple of shots of hard liquor like tequila or rum may help for insomnia...
                                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                                X