Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So any of you normal, sociable folks want to help me draft an email that I can send in response to craigslist ads for housing? I'm looking to rent a room in an apartment or a house, and, seriously, I'm not even getting responses from people so I figure that my emails must suck. I must come across as a complete weirdo.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
      YaY!! Yoga's coming to america!!! Yeah, let's do it!!!!

Originally posted by diene View Post
      So any of you normal, sociable folks want to help me draft an email that I can send in response to craigslist ads for housing? I'm looking to rent a room in an apartment or a house, and, seriously, I'm not even getting responses from people so I figure that my emails must suck. I must come across as a complete weirdo.
      I can send you the email I always write to people when I'm looking for somewhere to live. They always want me to come, and always offer me the room... You'll just have to lie about your career / relationship status / nationality.
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
        I can send you the email I always write to people when I'm looking for somewhere to live. They always want me to come, and always offer me the room... You'll just have to lie about your career / relationship status / nationality.
        Yes, yes, send it to me, thanks! Maybe I should lie and say that I already have a job lined up?

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
          Yes, yes, send it to me, thanks! Maybe I should lie and say that I already have a job lined up?
          Jesus no - I was kidding about the lying!!! You have to be honest. Just had a quick look and found one you could adapt: I'll FB it to you

Basic breakdown:

- "Your place sounds great"
          - Who you are / what you do
          - Why you are moving house and why you want to live there
          - Positive adjectives to describe yourself
          - "Kiss ass goodbye"

If there's one thing I'm good at it's finding places to live

Isn't it hilarious the level of depth we help each other with? My friends on here give me the same level of support as a family member or best friend would... but none of us have met! (except for me and the Bat... you should see our emails )
          Last edited by YogaBare; 10-08-2013, 04:37 PM.
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Cool thanks! Haha! I thought you were serious!

My journal

Comment

• Or you could email it to me if you still have my email address.

My journal

Comment

• So, hi, my MDA best friends.

Here's an update on my nowhere life...

So, remember FB guy? Our relationship broke new grounds today. I realized that he is in "limerence" with another woman! Yay! You see, I've always known that he liked/was or is interested in this other woman, but I didn't know the extent of his obsession! Yay! But he ran into her yesterday, and, today, he told me all about it. I quickly diagnosed him with limerence (I once aspired to be a psychotherapist, yeah). I have experiences with that condition myself. The term "limerence" was coined by psychologist Dorothy Tennov in the 1960s. You can google it...the Wikipedia entry is decent.

I used to be in "limerence" with my undergrad research advisor, and it lasted years! Even now, I dream about him from time to time, and I think about it. As I told FB guy, I'll never completely get over it. And it is clear to me, in fact, I'm 100% certain, he's in limerence with this other woman. Oh, I could never compete with someone's limerent object. It's is an obsession that straddles the line between normal emotions and mental illness. I know, I've been there.

Nice! Yay, me. In the meantime, I feel like we're more alike than ever. Remember how I once said that I've often wanted to date the male version of myself? Yeah, I think I found that guy, except he's obsessed with someone else. This isn't even a case of me being jealous--it's just that I know what it's like to be that obsessed with someone. You have no room anywhere for anyone else. Oh, this is really great. Yay, good job, me!!!!

Hahaha, I'm super drunk right now, and I think I'm going to bed. I love all of you guys!!!! <3 <3 <3

Oh, I could never compete with her...how could I? She's like so perfect and everything!

My journal

Comment

• Open relationship? What about your theories on being able to form multiple loving relationships?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                  ------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I live it when you're drinking Diene <3 lol

Limerence. Yeah I have a few of those.

Comment

• Hehe, moluv, glad that you're drinking vicariously through me! I planned on having a bit to drink cuz I had coffee late in the day and knew that I wouldn't be able to get to sleep without a bit of help. But I ended up drinking way too much cuz I wasn't paying attention!

Anyway turquoise--limerence is not like normal love or a crush. It's obsession. It straddles the line between a normal human emotion and a mental illness. I'm on the bus right now...I'll explain more when I get to a computer. I haven't decided what to do yet. But I don't think I want to get involved with someone in this stage of limerence.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

My journal

Comment

• Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal)

Originally posted by diene View Post
                        Hehe, moluv, glad that you're drinking vicariously through me! I planned on having a bit to drink cuz I had coffee late in the day and knew that I wouldn't be able to get to sleep without a bit of help. But I ended up drinking way too much cuz I wasn't paying attention!

Anyway turquoise--limerence is not like normal love or a crush. It's obsession. It straddles the line between a normal human emotion and a mental illness. I'm on the bus right now...I'll explain more when I get to a computer. I haven't decided what to do yet. But I don't think I want to get involved with someone in this stage of limerence.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                        Oh, I wasn't drinking vicariously through you, I was right there with you. In bed. Nursing a broken toe with 2/3 of a bottle of wine. Eep! And like, ice cream for dinner! Such a big baby.

Now in the light or morning and sobriety I suppose I don't have a limerence after all. Just crushes, unrequited love- most of which I believe I have fabricated just for the sake of heartache- WHICH I LOVE. For example, I keep alive a love I shared with a very young and gorgeous Colombian pro bike racer- seriously the most romantic man I've ever dated- he referred to a night spent kissing and getting a lap dance as "making love"- anyways he ended things when he got a job transfer out of state- I was devastated! Instead of being rational about it ending for practical reasons, it's much more enjoyable to me to view him as one that got away and hold space for the love that was there and could have been. I have a space for every ex. But I don't talk about this with my husband! I don't think he would feel too secure about it, but it has nothing to do with him at all. He has his space which overflows into my whole life. I'm rambling on your journal again!!!

Comment

• Oh moluv, I love your ramblings! And I hope your toe gets better soon!

I like your attitude. Yes, heartache is to be savored...

I too have spaces for a lot of my exes--not every one of them, but the significant ones, the good ones, the ones who really meant something. They will always have a space in my heart. I also have a space for my limerent object (the one I was obsessed with).

Crushes and unrequited love...those are normal. Limerence...not so much. I still have to write more about that later. It is an infinitely fascinating subject to me.

For now, here's a quote from Shakespeare:

"Things base and vile, holding no quantity,
                          Love can transpose to form and dignity.
                          Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
                          And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind."

--William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

My journal

Comment

• Diene, you sounded awfully well put together for a drunk person dealing with heartache <3

I learned a new term and its definition today - limerence.

I have never been obsessed with someone to that degree, but when I fall, I fall hard.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Sorry you are going through this, I'd imagine it's wrecking havoc on you emotionally.

Is FB guy's object of limerence an online acquaintance, or someone he's seeing offline?

Comment

• Hey Gray, thanks--I was actually pretty wasted last night, haha! Yeah, not a good idea to accidentally drink a quarter bottle of vodka in a short period of time.

Yeah, he knows his limerent object (LO) in real life. Their kids go to the same school. (Did I mention that he has a son? Well, he does.) But this woman is married. FB guy thinks that she is physically attracted to him, and she probably is. But she chose not to jeopardize her marriage by cheating on her husband. Maybe her marriage is happy; maybe it isn't. But the point is, she made her choice, but he can't accept it. He thinks he needs to rescue her from herself. It's irrational, I tell you.

Well, it's a fascinating study in human psychology. How someone who is so incredibly intelligent and who has such sharp analytical skills can fail to see the irrationality in his own thinking in this one area. He keeps going on and on about it, in circles, and it's just insane! I wish I could grab him by the shoulders and shake him. But that won't help. Nothing will help. Only time.

It's hard to watch, really. I wish she would reciprocate his feelings. He's a sweetheart and doesn't deserve this.

Oh, and I feel like I'm in the 8th grade again. I think that was the last time I liked a guy who liked someone else and kept telling me about it.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                                Hey Gray, thanks--I was actually pretty wasted last night, haha! Yeah, not a good idea to accidentally drink a quarter bottle of vodka in a short period of time.
                                You should try screwdrivers next time (vodka + OJ), under different circumstances, I hope. Niiice.

Well, it's a fascinating study in human psychology. How someone who is so incredibly intelligent and who has such sharp analytical skills can fail to see the irrationality in his own thinking in this one area
                                I'm no expert on human psychology by any means, but based on my own experiences and on observing other people's behavior, often there is disconnect between intelligence and emotions, feelings and acting on impulse, that there is simply no logical explanation for.

Comment

Working...
                                X