Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal)

Yoga, it isn't about the drinking by itself though... I don't care if the guy drinks socially as long as he doesn't have an overgrown frat boy mentality. I have only dated one guy who doesn't drink.

I went through a lot as a kid: ethnic warfare, commie regime, incessant travel across western/central china (and the good/bad things arising outta that), family feuds/backstabbing, racism coming to USA, immigration issues, cultural barrier, residence in a bad neighborhood gangs/drugs, responsibility of raising my 2 siblings, those things I told you over pm, etc. Guys my age just do not tend to understand. I find they just hold me back in personal and career development.

I am attracted to men who have gone through tons of obstacles in life. That doesn't tend to happen at 25-30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
      Yoga, it isn't about the drinking by itself though... I don't care if the guy drinks socially as long as he doesn't have an overgrown frat boy mentality. I have only dated one guy who doesn't drink.

I went through a lot as a kid: ethnic warfare, commie regime, incessant travel across western/central china (and the good/bad things arising outta that), family feuds/backstabbing, racism coming to USA, immigration issues, cultural barrier, residence in a bad neighborhood gangs/drugs, responsibility of raising my 2 siblings, those things I told you over pm, etc. Guys my age just do not tend to understand. I find they just hold me back in personal and career development.

I am attracted to men who have gone through tons of obstacles in life. That doesn't tend to happen at 25-30.
      Well, I was being facetious I know someone not drinking isn't the answer to what you want. Idk, I was joking with a male friend about this before. Are older guys more mature? Maybe their behaviour is different, but emotional maturity isn't something that age always brings.

Of course, there are always exceptions to eligible older men. Hi Gorbag!
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
        Well, I was being facetious I know someone not drinking isn't the answer to what you want. Idk, I was joking with a male friend about this before. Are older guys more mature? Maybe their behaviour is different, but emotional maturity isn't something that age always brings.

Hahah. Yeah. Not always more mature, but usually. They also are better conversing with females and being more calm when a fight happens. Not always the case... But at least no knocking on my door for 10 minutes despite me not answering and telling him earlier I went to bed happening. (That happened with law school dude. He also threatened to kill himself if I don't answer the phone. Wtf)

They give me space when I tell them "I am angry, give me space to calm down and be rational again."

------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

How old are you, Mr. Anthony?
          A year ahead of you, I think. That's perfect!

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            [clears throat loudly, taps foot, checks watch]
            Lol, Mr. Anthony! Not in the same state!

But sometimes I do think that all of the core MDA forum peeps should gather somewhere...and have a giant, eh, love fest! We'll recreate what our tribal ancestors did--lots of love and bonding. It'll be our own primal con (that's not as expensive as Mark's primal con)! Maybe we could do it in Colorado.

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
            29 years is not a biggie. IMO 23 years when I was 20 is way more controversial.
            Thank you for saying that. I'm glad that someone feels that way. Right now, I think, once we meet in real life if there's chemistry, I'd go for it despite the age difference. And I agree that the 23-year difference was more significant when you're 20. Age differences become less and less significant as both partners age.

Different stages in life could be an issue, but talk about what he wants maybe earlier on (out of life, love, relationships) and you have a better idea.

Personally I wasn't ready at 20-21 to have to deal with stuff like constantly attending to his mom in and out of hospitals/temporary retirement homes since she was so ill, cooking different meals because she had an eating disorder from depression, questioning doctors for her bc they were negligent towards her treatment. I wasn't ready to deal with a lot of other messy details people at 40+ go through. I grew up a lot.. And I did those things because I loved my ex, but my friends said that I didn't look happy and they didn't like who I've become. I ultimately couldn't just retire from life without living it first so I left to fulfill my dreams of a career and of living in *the* nyc.

Just something to think about once you do partake in a relationship with him.
            Yeah, that sounds hard. You really helped take care of his mom when you were only 20? I don't think I could have done it at that age. I was still surviving on cereal and top ramen at that point.

As far as the different life stages thing--well, he already has a kid so I don't think he's going to want me to pop one out for him, haha! Plus, he was the one who really got me thinking about the problem of monogamy (back when we first met on FB--we were both commenting on a mutual friend's post). He brought up the fact that monogamy (and polygamy as well) started because men treated women as property, which is why the 9th Commandment is "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's wife" and the 10th is "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's goods." So wife and goods--pretty much the same thing. Don't covet things that belong to your neighbor. Women in marriages were no different from slaves.

Anyway, he's really into this book, Sex at Dawn. And I read it too. I think there may have been a thread on here about it a while ago. It's all about how humans evolved to be promiscuous, just like our closest primate relatives, chimps and bonobos. And our human ancestors used to live in tribes of 100-150 people, where multi-male, multi-female relationships were the norm. Basically each man had several female mates, and each woman had several male mates. Everything was shared, including sexual partners, basically. Monogamy did not come into existence until after the agricultural revolution. It is inconsistent with human nature, and that's why so many marriages and relationships fail. It's also why so many people are so unhappy--it's the isolation, the lack of intimate social bonds that our ancestors enjoyed.

Anyway, the point of all that is that, I think, if we got together, we would explore a different type of relationship. Because our views of what relationships should be are compatible, I think we would be okay in that sense.

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
            Seriously guys: younger model. Not only are they a few years behind in wrinkles and baldness (I hope); they also look up to you as being wiser and cooler than them
            I've never really dated a younger guy too (youngest was only a few months younger than me), but I think I may be open to it now. For a long time, I thought younger guys would be really immature and that it would never work for that reason, but I think that becomes less of a problem when you get older. I don't think there's a huge difference in maturity between a 31-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man, for example.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            Eh, I guess I'm one of those projected normal types. I've always gone for guys close to my age or the same age. Hulky and I were in the same graduating class in high school.
            Those kinds of relationships have their advantages. You're more likely to share similar goals, hobbies, lifestyles, etc. And, as I said before, I kinda wish I could date someone my own age again.

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
            I haven't dated a woman close to my age for the last thirty years or so, usually I am two or three decades ahead of them…
            Hmmm...let me get this straight. So you're, what, 51 now? So 30 years ago you were 21. That means when you were 21, you dated girls who were -1 (20-year difference)?

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post

Older guys are not necessarily more mature emotionally. The one I dated who was 20 years older than me was very immature. Played all kinds of stupid games--really pathetic for someone his age.

The FB guy though--very mature, as far as I can tell anyway--it's hard to tell for sure over the Internet.

And I agree that Gorbag is very eligible, except for his gym shorts. I don't think I can deal with those shorts!

Hahah. Yeah. Not always more mature, but usually. They also are better conversing with females and being more calm when a fight happens. Not always the case... But at least no knocking on my door for 10 minutes despite me not answering and telling him earlier I went to bed happening. (That happened with law school dude. He also threatened to kill himself if I don't answer the phone. Wtf)

They give me space when I tell them "I am angry, give me space to calm down and be rational again."
            Yikes! I hate it when people threaten to kill themselves. It's a kind of emotional blackmail.

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            A year ahead of you, I think. That's perfect!
            In that case, you're actually too young for turquoise...I think you mentioned before that you may be too old. Haha!

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post

But sometimes I do think that all of the core MDA forum peeps should gather somewhere...and have a giant, eh, love fest! We'll recreate what our tribal ancestors did--lots of love and bonding. It'll be our own primal con (that's not as expensive as Mark's primal con)! Maybe we could do it in Colorado.
              YES!

Wait, I'm one of the core peeps right? Riiiiiggghhht????

Comment

• Massive cook-out & camping trip would be the ultimate Grokfest. We need a rich person to start backing this, or style it like Burning Man.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
                  Hmmm...let me get this straight. So you're, what, 51 now? So 30 years ago you were 21. That means when you were 21, you dated girls who were -1 (20-year difference)?
                  At the age of 20-23 my girlfriend was my age - then I got older and the age stayed relative the same for the new girls that I dated with a few exceptions! Last ten years the difference in age has been notable, two or even three decades in difference, but sometimes they have not even asked me about my age before it's too late so to say…

And I am not going to change my flaming Miami Vice style gym shorts because they are out of fashion in other parts of the world, just saying…
                  "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
                    YES!

Wait, I'm one of the core peeps right? Riiiiiggghhht????
                    Yes, of course! It won't be a party without you, moluv.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    Massive cook-out & camping trip would be the ultimate Grokfest. We need a rich person to start backing this, or style it like Burning Man.
                    We could style it like Burning Man. Would be SOOOO fun!!!!

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                    At the age of 20-23 my girlfriend was my age - then I got older and the age stayed relative the same for the new girls that I dated with a few exceptions! Last ten years the difference in age has been notable, two or even three decades in difference, but sometimes they have not even asked me about my age before it's too late so to say

And I am not going to change my flaming Miami Vice style gym shorts because they are out of fashion in other parts of the world, just saying…
                    Haha, they probably thought that you're way younger than you are cuz you don't look 50 at all. I don't think that those shorts have ever been in fashion anywhere in the world.

My journal

Comment

• If there's a gathering y'all have to wait til I move over to SF!

We could organise it for Oct 2014?!
                      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

If there's a gathering y'all have to wait til I move over to SF!

You are coming to the USA???

------

Comment

• Meanwhile, party up in hurrrr in diene's journal!!

------

Comment

• I can sleep 14 guests at my place comfortably.

But only if they're all women.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                              You are coming to the USA???
                              Why do you think I spend so much time on MDA? Putting in the ground work so I've got ready-made friends

Oct 2014 baby!!

Meanwhile, party up in hurrrr in diene's journal!!
                              Is this the point where we start to argue about music?

- Ray Peat

Comment

If there's a gathering y'all have to wait til I move over to SF!

YaY!! Yoga's coming to america!!! Yeah, let's do it!!!!

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                                I can sleep 14 guests at my place comfortably.

But only if they're all women.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
                                Interesting choice of words.

Comment

Working...
                                X