Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh you girls...
    Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      oh you girls...
      Oh, I laughed out loud when I saw this. Not sure why.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

My journal

Comment

• I have to say, I've done a lot of internet dating, and it's not for me. The people are rarely who they make themselves out to be. It's possible that meeting someone through a mutual site is a different matter though. I've never accepted a stranger's FB friend request...

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        digital love

happened to me too. not via facebook though, fuck that site. I would wager people fall in love with online personas more frequently than you realize.
        It happened to me too... back when I was young and innocent We thought we'd fallen in love. Did you ever meet the person Derp?

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
        Gonna post this. I think inviting someone to friend house isn't the same as the following...

So the back story is he has asked me to check out a restaurant with him once, and I told him I don't date ppl from my school, and he said we will go as friends (but I don't know him), then he acted really weird when I did end up dating someone from law school briefly, like almost punching my dude in the arm when he greeted him. Now since he found out I am no longer with the other person he has asked me to hang multiple times. This is this past week...

I am amused at the lack of balls this guy has. If someone is interested, why not just ask me straight out. I appreciate straightforwardness.
        Haha - I like his "buy your own coffee" response But I'm sympathetic to someone not wanting to call a date "a date". Just hanging out or going for coffee is a comfortable way to gage the level of feeling without overt expectation.
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• This song has been stuck in my head since last night. Can anyone tell me if the embedding worked, or is it like pictures that have to be approved by the mods?

My journal

Comment

• Random Thoughts (Confessions of an Obsessed Mind or My PB Journal)

Embedding worked!

Eta: "embedding disabled from playback on certain sites"

Damn you vevo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
            ------
            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I didn't get the job! Dammit! They should have emailed me the rejection. That would have made my life a LOT easier. Now, I didn't get the job, AND I didn't get the room in my friend's house either. Wtf!

My journal

Comment

• Oh Diene, I'm so sorry
                You know, this is such a cliche, but things like that in life happen for a reason. There must be something else, better lined up for you.
                <3 <3 <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                  Oh Diene, I'm so sorry
                  You know, this is such a cliche, but things like that in life happen for a reason. There must be something else, better lined up for you.
                  <3 <3 <3
                  Thanks, Gray. And I really hope you're right. I feel defeated right now.

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                    Oh Diene, I'm so sorry
                    <3 <3 <3
                    Like that mr. Facebook...

Hugs. What are your plans now? :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                    ------
                    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Aw Di... I'm so sorry Gray is right though - something better is on the horizon for you. It's hard to believe it now, but it is. Isn't your friends place in Sacramento anyway? And that's where the job was too?

Berkley girl. You deserve to get what you really want. Keep your eyes on the prize. This was just a warm up. ( ( ( ♥ ♥ ♥ ) ) )
                      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Well, my friend's house is in Berkeley. But, you're right, YB, I don't want to live in Sacramento anyway. All of my friends are in the East Bay, and I would have been all alone in Sacramento, where the weather sucks and there is nothing interesting. And Sacramento would be really far from the FB guy. (Oh no, I don't want to start calling him "FB guy" on here from now on! That sounds so much worse than "yoga guy.")

But I'm sad anyway. I really wanted that job...

Turquoise--now I'm going to move to the East Bay and look for a job. I hope I don't get stuck doing class actions forever.

My journal

Comment

• I spent over two hours chatting with FB guy tonight. Oh my God, so many things. My first impression was: he's so alone. I could taste the loneliness ever the internet, if that's even possible. He's a lot older than me, and libertarians his generation have it rough. There aren't that many of them, and if you become separated from your college friends, as he has been, it gets real hard.

And we think so much alike that there were multiple occasions when we typed the same thing (worded differently but same meaning) at the same time. It's crazy.

And he's so open with everything. He's not afraid to bare his soul, and I love that. He even told me about this woman he's in love with.
                          Oh and I told him that I sometimes have nightmares that my mom died, and he told me that he had that kind of nightmares about his dad and then it came true.

Oh and he's a critical rationalist. Yeah, I foresee a lot of philosophical readings in the near future.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                          Last edited by diene; 10-06-2013, 07:02 AM.

My journal

Comment

• Everyone: for the record, I'm not FB guy.

Which is bullcrap, because diene and I should totally be trying to hook up!

;-)

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                              Everyone: for the record, I'm not FB guy.

Which is bullcrap, because diene and I should totally be trying to hook up!

;-)

Sent via F-22 Raptor
                              Except we don't live in the same state!

My journal

Comment

• How much of an age difference do you think you can have between two people and still have a functional relationship? I'd guess that it depends on the people involved. What do you think?

My journal

Comment

Working...
                                X