No announcement yet.

Diary of a CheeseFiend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you're doing great. Resilient indeed! I totally admire your spirit.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Ah, what a nice thing to say. Thank you, Joanie. But Wellington had it - whenever you hit a problem, tie a knot and carry on.

Well, work done again today. Back on the meat'n'cheese default which I'm learning means I'm a bit stressed. There's just so much to do. Mint. That's why. I tell people not to plant mint straight into the garden, but keep it in a pot instead. Or you have mint everywhere - garden, gutters, under the fridge, behind the hostas, up the side of the bath and in the toilet, strangling the delphiniums. But it's all 'oh but I love mint, I use so much of it, it's so lovely to have a little herb garden just by the back door...' and then they fecking well plant it out anyway.

Which is why I've spent my Sunday work hours digging out what amounts to 10 square metres of mint from in and around everything else. If I see another mint plant in the next five days I'm going to kick it to death.

Other irrational news: my lovely diesel car has a VERY fine engine. Nothing wrong with the mechanical side. But it's electronic brain? Different story. The electric windows go up, but not down. The radio turns itself off after every traffic alert. It thinks it's minus 27 degrees every time it starts up and starts shouting at me about the risk of ice. Sometimes we have BRIGHT lights on the dashboard, other days we're turned off completely and illegible. Last week it communicated in French rather than English. Not so bad. But this week it's speaking Italian, and I had to look up ghiacciare. Surprise, surprise, it's still shouting at me about ice.

Food note for the day: carried out plan M, or N, or wherever we're up to, and bought a week's worth of food that add up to the correct macronutrient relative quantities. If I empty that fridge by the end of the week I will have eaten 'correctly' without having to think about it again. Whether it's sensible to do so or not, I will report back on...

Comment

Well, well, food sensitivities ahoy. Having missed breakfast, I started mid-morning on my grab-bag of food from the fridge that I can eat at work. Started with a very large tomato. Unhappy stomach. Despite crab and avocado for lunch, had a bad hot/dizzy spell at about four that felt very much like carb hunger/shakes from the bad old days.

Thinking about it, I've had a lot of fruit juice, dates and veg the last two days - possibly too much sugar convertible/carb stuff. Perhaps this eat-stuff-from-the-fridge-in-random-order is not such a good plan.

Cannot find full fat FAGE for love or asking at present - and I have asked at least 3 different people in 3 different shops to check the store room at the back. Maybe stomach sulking at withdrawal of live bacteria. Settled for Onken natural yoghurt with added live stuff today, but not a patch on greek stuff. I'm going to start sulking at this rate. Must sort out food - getting v. tired and don't have time to be knackered.

Plus points: the cats' drinking fountain drowned in the flood - so got a new one with an almost silent motor. Bliss. I resented that background noise.

Downsides: the hoover drowned as well. Plus points: I have no carpet left anyway, and there's no point wasting time hoovering a dirt floor. Result - more time.

Must spend it sleeping. Bed time.

Comment

Well, hark at me doing the misery shuffle yesterday; sorry about that, Journal.

I think it's the sugar. I've been bang on with the primal since <whenever it is I started, couple of months, maybe?>, meaning no sugar, no bread, no wheaty things, no pasta, no hummus (dammit), nothing that isn't on the 'good' list. Literally, nothing that wasn't meat, fish, non-starchy veg, cream/butter/FAGE/stinky cheese. Nothing that had 'ingredients' - just solid lumps of original matter in it's original form. Except wine. Cough.

And since The Flood, that's slipped a bit. I've had a lot of fruit, a lot of fruit juice, a lot of wine. I've had quite a few lack-of-food shaky episodes in the last few days and I think it's probably because my insulin responses are becoming a bit hysterical again. So no wine and no fruit sugars for me for the rest of the week and see how it goes. If there are no more wobbles, and less tiredness, I will have learnt my lesson.

Italian lesson for the day from my car: ullavere benzina scarco (or approximate spelling...). So I topped it up, and we're back to Ghiaccio! Ghiaccio! -27C! Ghiaccio! Poor thing needs a holiday too.

Comment

What horrible fortune you've had lately. I sure hope that changes. You deserve manna from heaven for a month or so.

Sounds as though you really are fat-burning, and without planned IFing or anything. That's great news.

Love your car's attitude. Mine is speaking in Euro instead of U.S., but at least in English. One day I"ll have to read it's book and find out how to change it from degrees C to degrees F.
            "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

I miss you, are you coming back? Ever? How are you? Has your house dried out?
              "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Working...
              X