No announcement yet.

Diary of a CheeseFiend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I just had to take a look at a journal from someone named CheeseFiend. Cheese, while likely discovered by accident, is one of the most amazing reasons to like any livestock that produces yummy milk.

As someone who has named her journal Bitchapalooza, I have to admit that I like to indulge in the occasional kvetch. Not sure it it's chronic, but am sure it's mitigated with a twisted sense of humor and a skewed view of almost everything.

I like your journal a lot and will be stopping by regularly if you'll have me. Good luck on your journey!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

The more the merrier. Hello, Ghost and Joanie.

I imagine reading this is rather like watching someone shut in a cupboard and fumbling about in the dark. Is this the handle? No, it's a shoe. Is this the handle? No, it's an umbrella. And on and on and on... Is wine good for you? No...

Hang on, there's a rook taunting the chickens, back in a bit.

Comment

Hey Cheese, Ghost, Joanie, you sound like my kinda gals.....

Cheese, I get it, I have been primal for just under 60 days now and after the initial high of realisation I find I am not quite myself at present but don't understand why....

Weight loss (tick), exercise (tick), loving my food (double tick). I am the happiest most relaxed chilled individual you could meet on a dark stormy night so what's happening? Answers on a primal postcard pls
        If the primal lifestyle is like a formula one race, everybody on this site is in pole position.

Comment

Hello, Skix

Excellent. Someone to write my journal for me, without my having to move my fingers. How did you know? Yes, that is exactly how I feel. It's all going right, nothing else obvious has gone terribly wrong, so what's with the meh-ness that's taken over?

Like I said, my new working theory is that it's the alcohol, so that's out of the window for at least a week [do I have a drinking problem, no, not me, a week is a loooooong time without a drink, surely, surely, surely]. I would say I felt a little better already today for an early, clean night, because I do, but I also woke up with a swollen left eye and face. So working hypothesis number 2, to run in tandem with working hypothesis number 1 (the booze), is that I am imminently going to die of Terminal Bloat. That's why I feel a bit rubbish - well you would, wouldn't you.

Have you anything left in your diet that's a bit off-limits still that could be causing it?

Hang on again, the cat's just brought something in. In bits.

Comment

I was just having the alcohol conversation with myself last night after consuming quite a few vodka sodas... >< Not that I have a drinking problem per se, I just... enjoy it But it's not primal. Hrrrm, conundrum. Must work on this. :beer:
            ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
            .♪♫]▓▓║MisguidedGhost║▓▓[♫♪.
            ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Comment

Well of course it's the wine although I do try to only have a drink three days a week, sometimes it's less than that and sometimes it's more but it is fair to say it is a staple. Cheese? 85% Chocolate? Crap TV?

Maybe it's just a bump down to earth because after years of battling suddenly it all seems too easy and obvious now. Where's the fun left in the challenge suddenly? Ho hum.

For me I think it may be related to other things - lack of work challenge for one... But that's another story and requires more personal exploration prior to any bean spilling. However no swollen bloaty face for me so clearly I need more vino collapso this evening at least.
              If the primal lifestyle is like a formula one race, everybody on this site is in pole position.

Comment

Yep, conundrum.

Garn. I don't know. Maybe I want sugar. Or a drink. A curry. Maybe just a hug. Something at any rate, that I haven't got right now.

<goes off to kick something>

<hard>

Comment

Curry sounds excellent. Maybe a curry and a hug, or a hug with some wine and a curry Or just an all round good kicking of things.

Comment

That's not bad, pixie. I'm usually Saturday night only, but last week was, well, it just was.

I would, this evening, but I have a feeling it would just be vino moroso, and even I can tell that won't be 'fun' at any point whatsoever. I'd have a nice hot bath, but I've no hot water.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.

I don't think it's the lessening of challenge - I'm not by any means settled into this way of eating; it's still all a bit hand to mouth some days (cough, 'most' days) when I haven't thought ahead properly. So lots to work out still.

No, I think I just want to kick something.

Comment

Aha! Working hypothesis number 3: hormones.

Comment

Star jumps, star jumps, star jumps, star jumps, dual purpose, they will warm you up and simultaneously put a smile on your face

Comment

Hormones, hmmm you may well have a point there....

Comment

Exercise?

Don't make me be rude to you.

Comment

Lunges, squats, more star jumps, pull ups, planks, side planks, jumping jacks. Are you doing them with me Cheese?

Comment

I'm doing something, pixie <innocent face>

Rolling a cigarette, as it happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X