Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Journal 4 Muffinz

B: Lara bar, coffee w/ cream
    L: carrots, almond butter, grapes, boiled egg, can of tuna in olive oil, coffee w/ cream
    S: fried apple in butter w/ cinnamon
    D: 1/4 pound ground turkey cooked in butter and olive oil, summer squash, a few bites of fruit salad
    S: 2% fat greek yogurt w/ handful blackberries
    Last edited by muffinz; 04-29-2013, 06:24 PM.

B: 2 eggs and 1 organic chicken sausage link cooked in butter and olive oil, summer squash, coffee with cream, few bites of fruit salad
    L: Lara bar, bag of beef jerky, coffee with cream, 3 orange slices
    S: carrots, tbsp almond butter
    D: started eating gross tuna salad but found a nasty hair in it so only had about 1/4 cup...blech. A bit of lettuce/tomato, full fat Greek yogurt w/ blackberries, a few sips of wine, 5 macadamia nuts.
    Last edited by muffinz; 04-30-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

LATE INTRO: I started PB about 2 weeks ago and this week have been more on track. I am female, 5'5", 138#, looking to lose body fat.

B: 2 hard boiled eggs w/ teaspoon mayo, 1/2 banana, tbsp almond butter, several baby carrots, coffee w/ cream
      S: macadamia nuts- 10
      L: mixed greens w/ can of drained tuna, tomato, 1/4 cup crushed plantain chips, hearts of palm, tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar
      S: handful of baby carrots, low sodium v-8, coffee w/ cream
      D: 4 oz beef cooked in tbsp coconut oil, made into a stew with summer squash, less than 1/2 cup chopped apple, less than 1/2 cup sweet potato, onion, mushrooms

Oops...forgot the 85% dark chocolate...

Walked for 40 minutes in the evening

I realized that, for my goal of losing body fat, I'm better off eliminating the Lara bars for now (25 grams or so of carbs per bar) and limiting fruit to 1-2 servings per day. My sample menu today gave 80 grams carbs, yay! (according to fitday.com)...sweet spot for fat loss!
      Last edited by muffinz; 05-01-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

B: 1/2 banana w/ 1 tbsp almond butter, 1/4 cup full fat ricotta cheese, coffee w/ cream
        S: 10 macadamia nuts
        L: 2 eggs cooked in 1 tbsp olive oil, leftover veggies from stew last night, salad greens, 1 organic sausage link, hearts of palm; small piece 85% dark chocolate

Comment

B: 1/2 banana w/ 1 tbsp almond butter, 1/4 cup full fat ricotta cheese, coffee w/ cream
          L: 2 eggs cooked in 1 tbsp olive oil, leftover veggies from stew last night, salad greens, 1 organic sausage link, hearts of palm; small piece 85% dark chocolate
          S: 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt w/ blackberries (5)
          D: grass fed buffalo cooked in olive oil, 2 slices sweet potato, mixed greens, tomato, 1/2 avocado, all on a plate drizzled with some balsamic; 3 small pickles; handful blackberries

***later that night - 3 small chocolate robin eggs, a few chips, small marshmallow chocolate bunny.... (leftover Easter candy...) but figured I am still staying in the 80% primal eating! Plus this was all at the boyfriend's house. heh.
          Last edited by muffinz; 05-03-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

B: 1/2 cup full fat greek yogurt w/ blackberries, coffee w/ cream
            L: 2 eggs cooked in olive oil, tomatoes, 1/4 cup full fat ricotta cheese, 1 organic chicken sausage, hearts of palm, all served on top of greens; coffee w/ cream, 1 square 85% dark chocolate
            S: carrots w/ tbsp almond butter
            D: okay...fell off the PB here...yes I had meat/cheese/olives/veggies but also some crackers, non PB dessert, Sangria at a party. I def. had more carbs, and from grains and sugars and alcohol last night. It happens, right? Back on track tomorrow.
            Last edited by muffinz; 05-04-2013, 06:23 AM.

Comment

B: Fasted
              S: a few macadamia nuts and blackberries, coffee w/ cream

***walked for 90 minutes to and from farmer's market...got basil, arugula, and grass fed local ground beef***
              **feel really crappy due to the crap I ate last night...forgot how sugar/gluten gives me nausea/headache when I've been off it...although part of it could also be nitrates in the salami I ate too...and perhaps the alcohol itself **

D: eek, posting late...had a bratwurst, piece of corn souffle, glass of wine, a few bites of cake...was at a party again; but I ate more primal than last night's party, I was being more mindful this time so I see that as an improvement.

**I am deciding to cut down on alcohol anyway, so a few glasses this weekend was too much for me and my system...plus it tends to put me in a funk the next day so I'm best avoiding it all together, at most no more than 1/2 glass on occasion**
              Last edited by muffinz; 05-06-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

B: fasted
                L: big brunch...goose eggs, chicken eggs cooked in olive oil, organic sausage, salami/ham, fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper, avocado, coffee w/ cream, a bit of potato hash w/ onions/peppers, greens w/ balsamic
                D: grass fed beef, few slices of sweet potato, small ear of corn, greens w/ balsamic
                S: umm...coconut milk dark chocolate ice cream. so good. (boyfriend got me ice cream because I had a bad day...I tend to eat most non primal when I'm with him...so this is the biggest challenge for me!)
                Last edited by muffinz; 05-06-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

B: macadamia nuts, beef jerky
                  L: left over antipasto from brunch yesterday, coffee w/ cream, a few dark chocolate covered coffee beans
                  S: beef jerky, carrots, tbsp almond butter
                  D: grass fed beef cooked in olive oil/garlic/white wine, 2 slices sweet potato, small ear of corn, some watermelon, a few shrimp
                  ***this week I want to log my meals a few more times into fitday.com to see if I'm overshooting the sweet spot for fat loss***

...finished off coconut ice cream.
                  Last edited by muffinz; 05-07-2013, 10:03 PM.

Comment

B: coffee w/ cream
                    S: lara bar
                    L: macadamias, carrots, tbsp natural peanut butter, 3 oz tuna in water
                    S: bag of bacon jerky (no nitrites/nitrates listed), small banana, handful plantain chips, coffee w/ cream
                    D: 3 oz fish, 2 hunks of watermelon...we didn't cook enough fish so I got hungry later and ate...

KLONDIKE BAR AND SOME POTATO CHIPS. harder to stick to PB at the boyfriend's. Dang I am full of energy at 1 am- not normal for me, is it from the ice cream and chips??? Need to get to bed!

Comment

B: small banana, macadamia nuts
                      L: 3 boiled eggs, some bacon jerky (no nitrates/nitrites), carrots, coffee w/ cream
                      ***3 hours of housework, walking back and forth, lifting, bending...***
                      S: macadamias, apple w/ natural peanut butter, full fat greek yogurt, 1/2 granola bar and some juice because hungry and didn't have enough food w/ me today.
                      D: Chicken w/ broccoli and basil, a little rice, mixed greens, a few chocolate covered almonds.
                      Last edited by muffinz; 05-09-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

*down 2 pounds in about 4 weeks...makes sense that I lost about 0.5 lbs per week as I don't have a lot to lose but want to get body fat down- seeing that on the scale gave me motivation to keep eating primal and not get off track as much when I'm at boyfriend's...and the biggest positives so far have been not being a slave to eating every 2-3 hours and sleeping better which I want to continue*

B: coffee w/ organic cream, macadamias and almonds (1/4 cup)
                        L: HUGE goose egg cooked in coconut oil, on top of arugula; carrots w/ tbsp almond butter; cup of coconut milk. YEAH! THIS IS THE KIND OF PRIMAL STUFF I NEED TO BE EATING MORE, EVEN WHEN I'M AT BOYFRIEND'S PLACE!
                        S: 1/2 apple, 1/2 cup full fat ricotta cheese, a few macadamia nuts and dark chocolate coffee beans
                        *leisurely 25 minute long walk; moved around furniture and worked up a sweat*
                        D: local grass fed beef, garlic, and Brussels sprouts cooked w/ coconut oil, coconut milk, and curry powder
                        S: 1/2 cup 2% fat greek yogurt w/ tbsp chopped prunes
                        Last edited by muffinz; 05-09-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

B: lara bar, macadamia nuts, carrots w/ tbsp almond butter, coffee w/ cream (breakfast on the go- early start today!)
                          S: coffee w/ cream
                          L: party at boss lady's house- ate some non primal foods and primal foods: asparagus, hummus, some sausage, a bite of cake, tomato/mozzarella/basil skewers, 2 quails eggs, chocolate covered strawberry, 3 meringues, 1 glass of punch (hello, sugar).
                          D: grass fed beef and spinach cooked in olive oil, artichoke hearts.
                          Last edited by muffinz; 05-10-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

B: coconut flour pancakes w/ 1/2 can of canned peaches (was out of fresh fruit!), coffee w/ cream...pancakes were a bit dry so topping them with fruit helped add moisture. They were almost like an eggy breakfast cake of sorts. Not bad!
                            pancake recipe from: Girl Gone Primal: Recipe: Coconut Pancakes
                            Lunch was veggies soup and a few boiled eggs with mayo.
                            Snack was skittles at the movies...
                            Dinner was Thai food....not all primal due to fried shrimp and sauce on chicken.
                            Last edited by muffinz; 05-12-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Brunch was quiche with only a bit of the crust, tomato juice, coffee with cream.
                              Snack was a few chips and few bites of cake and Lara bar and coffee with cream.
                              Dinner was Chinese food and now I feel.gross and bloated and have indigestion!!!
                              Snack was apple w/ natural peanut butter and leftover coconut pancakes. Felt must better eating these foods than Chinese food.
                              Last edited by muffinz; 05-13-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X