No announcement yet.

Fat Old Cat Lady....Trapped in a chubby 29 yr old man's Body

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks mdmoore07 - have no fear, bullet proof coffee is a staple of my existence. I'll have to experiment with the IF - seems like a good idea. I definitely need to eat more fat - I think that has been my issue over the last week (I haven't been losing much weight which has been a little discouraging). I've been using the Fitday app on my iPad to keep track of everything I'm eating and I have been averaging 50% fat, 37% protein, 13% carbs. I'll try to amp up the fat intake and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

Food Log 5/15/13

Goal weight: 180lbs
      Current: ?
      Loss needed: ?

Today's exercise: 1 hour doggy walk w/Fiance

B: 16oz Bulletproof Coffee, xtra mct!
      L: 1/2 rack ribs, mashed cauliflower, steamed broc, 32oz water
      D: jerk pork on bed of greens with sour cream, guac and a whiskey/water.

Fitbit: Only 10,050 steps today. I'm packing for a week-long trip to Belize and heading out in the morning. Ergo, I was stuck "tying up loose ends" today at a desk. I still managed to crack 10K! Silver lining? I'm planning to be good on vacation, minimize alcohol consumption(liquor only) and try and find plenty of central american fat! I'm excited to do a few rounds of beach sprints on my VFF too. Should be a nice time.
      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83744.html

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." -Milton Friedman

Comment

Food Log 5/17/13

Today's exercise: 1hr Walk on the Beach, casual swimming in the pool & ocean

B: 16oz Coffee. Wasn't too good. Coffee in Belize is expensive and hard to come by. They DID have local heavy whipping cream! Was very nice.
        L: Nothing much. A few pieces of fruit and some meatballs from a street vendor in Belize city. I also slipped and had a local beer. Good stuff.
        D: Pork loin, mashed cauliflower and broc. Glass of red wine.

Fitbit: No fitbit here in belize. Quite a day. We landed in Belize city and a friends father ushered us through customs... quite laid back. Then we took a van taxi to Belize city proper and got on a water shuttle to san pedro. I was picturing something a bit more Amercian(sipping cocktails on the deck and wind blowing throgh my hair). What I really got was a enclosed speed boat packed to the gills with locals. It was fricking awesome! I made a few friends in the hr I spent on the boat, met a Canadian man who came down here to invest in the tourism industry and lost everything. He's now relegated to a life of singing at resorts, walking around barefoot and eating pork like it's his job(poor guy!!). Hell of a nice guy. I met another guy who has been here his whole life and seemed to like my fiance more than me. I can't blame him. I've been aware of my "diet" but it's been a bit more challenging. I had a corn tortilla with pork(maybe two) and have indulged some temptatios. All in all, it's been nice. I hope future me can forgive me for my inconistencies, both in diet and journal logs. I can say this: visit belize! Take a week and completley unwind. I didn't realize how stressed I was unitl I started to relax and you can't do it anywhere else like you can here. You owe it to yourself. More later.

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." -Milton Friedman

Comment

Hey Mdmore...I love Belize! The water there is like nothing else. Hubby and I spent an amazing week on Ambergris Caye, and hated to leave. We stayed at the Xanadu. Try the ceviche, it's so fresh! Good meats and fruit as well. Oh, and here is a great tip for an activity: kayak out to the reef to snorkle. no need to hire someone to take you out there, its super easy! Enjoy, i'm jealous!

Comment

Food Log 5/23/13

Today's exercise: 1hr walk w/doggy & Fiance after work

B: Lots of coffee. Ran out of cream so I had to use the powdered frankenshit
            L: At a 1/2 of corned beef and pastrami with some mayo. Delicious.
            D: Just going to pass on dinner tonight...

Fitbit at 9,300 steps. I need 11K for the day and I'll get there.

notes: so...I had a lovely week in belize. Today is my first day back. For the most part, I did very(very very) well with the diet. I slipped and had a beer here and there. But I only really messed up one fateful night. We went to a great pizza joint in Hopkinstown our last night in town. I ate 4 pieces of pizza and defiantly loved it. It was loaded with bacon thin crust belizian artwork. I have offically confessed and am moving on. As punishment, however, I'm going to try and do a few extra hours of fasting each day this week to detox.

The trip was fantastic. I strongly advise all of you to visit the country. You should even consider their retirement program--just a lovely place. Each day my fiance and I did the usual stuff you do in a tropical paradise, but unlike other places--I actually rested. We went to bed almost every night by 9pm and were up by 7. Thats right, nearly 10 hrs of sleep per night for a week. We both feel completely recharged. Admittedly, the first day back to work (today) was complete shit. Going from paradise to work is never easy. More later.

PS-I got compliments on my physique on the beach!

Comment

Working...
            X