No announcement yet.

Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha Di, I am sitting here waiting for the doc and laughed. Thank you. I'll be thinking of you while I'm getting it inserted as well.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• I AM A CHAMPION. Oh god that hurt. That was not a short cramp - that was a full on, 60 second contraction. I heard the doc talking to the nurse outside while I dressed, and she said, "yeah, she did reeaaally well," as though she was genuinely surprised. I am proud. Pat on my shoulder. Thank you, supporters of mine <3

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
        Haha Di, I am sitting here waiting for the doc and laughed. Thank you. I'll be thinking of you while I'm getting it inserted as well.
        That was the funniest thing I've heard all day! And I'll too be thinking of you.
        Also in a 'better her than me" kindof way too
        ETA: Great!!
        Last edited by Graycat; 08-05-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
          That was the funniest thing I've heard all day! And I'll too be thinking of you.
          Also in a 'better her than me" kindof way too
          ETA: Great!!
          I appreciate the sentiment

My Fragile Uterus aka the title of my future Lifetime original film.

Afterwards I was still feeling some discomfort (mild, dull cramping, which I am NOT used to. Boo). I did not want to take any medication after I had broken down before the procedure and popped 400mg ibuprofen in anticipation (I drank with slippery elm tea which hopefully protected my stomach) so I went out drinking with some friends instead Nothing like some hard liquor to numb the uterine pain. It was quite the topic of conversation between me and my five male friends.... They were captivated and the jokes flowethed freely.

I had to call the evening short, however, upon realizing that in addition to that alcohol all I had eaten until then were some eggs and beef. I was not remotely hungry but starting to feel lightheaded, so I came home to have a bite.

I can attribute my lack of appetite today to nerves, but I also had very little yesterday. Seems Yoyo, Gray, and I are syncing our appetite cycles.

Done with my Modest Mouse kick (for the sake of my journal, not for listening)

Get your hands out of your back pockets...

Comment

• Glad you survived it. Sucks that you had a 60-second contraction. (60 seconds! WTF!)

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
              Glad you survived it. Sucks that you had a 60-second contraction. (60 seconds! WTF!)
              Mrr, yeah. I wrote about it in your thread on the copper IUD but there was cramping involved with the sound AND the IUD insertion. The doc even warned me about it, so I don't think it was a slip up on her part or anything.

I also updated in that thread that I had some difficulty falling asleep last night from the cramping but this morning - after stretching out some aching - I'm all better

Laughter as a mechanism to cope with pain
              This was also brought up in Di's IUD thread. I mentioned that my involuntary response to significant pain is to start laughing. Nameless said that her husband does the same and that it's been rubbing off on her. This got me thinking about the origins of this response for me. I remember being pretty young when I first started ruminating on how to cope with physical pain. I always had severe stomach cramping, which is probably what started the whole process. I tried visualization techniques, distractions, etc. and then it occurred to me: what if I decided to enjoy the pain? Not in a masochistic sort of way, but as a way for dealing with pain when it is inevitable. This may have been a very bizarre concept for a 10 year old to come to, but I was.... precocious? I would never laugh, but I wonder if those thoughts got me onto the path that eventually led to my now instinctive laughter? There could be no correlation whatsoever but it's interesting to think about.

Comment

• That's great that laughter helps you cope with pain. Lately I've been laughing a lot, maybe I'm just happy that I'm not always hungry for the first time ever. Anyway, I find it really helps me deal with stress.

On the downside, I'm worried all that laughing might make me get wrinkles, hahaha! Not really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graycat View Post
                  That's great that laughter helps you cope with pain. Lately I've been laughing a lot, maybe I'm just happy that I'm not always hungry for the first time ever. Anyway, I find it really helps me deal with stress.

On the downside, I'm worried all that laughing might make me get wrinkles, hahaha! Not really.
                  It's amazing how feeling like shit can put you in a bad mood That's wonderful to hear - keep laughing! I've had smile lines and crow's feet since I was a kid... Better than worry lines!

Comment

• TMI digestion time

I don't want to blame the aloe vera, but I am backed up for the first time in some time and it is coinciding with the introduction of the aloe caps. I started taking them on Sunday and my digestion was a bit wacky on Monday but I blame the IUD procedure (I had D on Monday night which I correlate with all the cramping). I didn't have a proper BM on Tuesday, but I figured it was because of the D on Monday eve. Now it is Wednesday and I'm still not going. Does anyone think the aloe could have an adverse effect? Keeping in mind that I have had opposite results with more than a few digestive treatments....

Comment

• Not me man. The Aloe juice gave me the shits. (TMI? Well, I already told you, but I'm getting increasingly loose with my profanities on here ).

The gelatine isn't helping?
                      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• With gelatin, coffee, and carrots I have been completely regular. I was hoping that the aloe would have a beneficial effect on my bloating... Which I am not noticing too much of a difference in either. Think I'll come off the aloe at least for now. Bummer

Comment

• Yeah... it definitely didn't help my bloating. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Night night! xx
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I'm using that same one - Nature's Way Latex and Leaf. I believe it is the latex part that causes the laxative effect? I can't imagine why it would do me no good. Then again I couldn't figure out why the enzymes made me worse either... I fucking hate my body. (Shhh please don't tell it I said that)

Originally posted by CiKi90
                            Sorry if my suggestion broke your butt
                            Haha! Any damage has been cured with that laugh <3

Comment

• Thank you for the info/advice! I've come off of it for now but I may try it again next week. I'm going camping this weekend and do not want my digestion already in worse shape than it needs to be....

Smooth transition. I'm going camping with my drunk and drugged out buffoons for friends. Just one night - Saturday morning through Sunday eve. What to bring? I was told, "bring a sleeping bag and food you can digest." And alcohol of course (I count that as food I can digest). They are bringing the fungi which I may or may not partake in this time around... Maybe the one female of the group should be the relatively sober one, yes? I'm thinking of bringing cured/dried meat, plantain chips, and very sugary things like.... sugar... and chocolate. The booze should keep me pretty satiated.

Comment

• Get some shrooms, and if you don't take them, I will give you my address to send to me inside chocolate

pls
                                Make America Great Again

Comment

Working...
                                X