No announcement yet.

Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat melon and drink carrot juice then. . No idea whats happening but id just go with it. Any other cravings?

Yep just livin life.

Comment

• That's what i'm doin'. Glad to hear you approve. Not sure what's happening either but i'm done forcing my will onto my body. No cravings but the only other food I seem to want is smoked salmon - not any other kind like baked/fresh salmon, just smoked salmon.

That's awesome. I've pretty much been doing the same - lots of nature adventures.
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• You could do a lot worse then smoked salmon and fruit. Go with it.

Yea, wish we could frolic in the woods together.

Comment

• If only <3

Comment

• Sorry about the acne. It sucks. I used to get cystic acne, and it was awful! It stopped after I cut out wheat. Not sure what's causing yours though.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by diene View Post
              Sorry about the acne. It sucks. I used to get cystic acne, and it was awful! It stopped after I cut out wheat. Not sure what's causing yours though.
              Thanks, Di. I did have soy sauce (which does have a small amount of wheat) on something last weekend but that was 6 days ago... And I seem to have some form or acne no matter what I'm eating with the exception of a few days once every month or so of perfectly clear skin. I 'unno.

Friday, July 26

Appetite is still down (1000 kcals for the day) and nausea is back intermittently. Energy is up, headache is gone - just jogged to/around campus and back.

I have nothing to report on really except that all I did today was tab "Blurred Lines" on my uke (yes it IS awesome) and watch Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. OOOO and I got a library card so that I could check out music, burn it, and then exchange it for more. Yeah. *feels like a dick*

Comment

• Have you ever tried an alternate method of dermarolling and retin-a? Dermarollers increase collagen, I use one, and my skin is beautiful.

Just don't use the dermaroller on the same day as the retin-a
                Make America Great Again

Comment

• I had never heard of a dermaroller - just had to look up what it was. I can see how it would be beneficial to heal the skin once acne is gone but wouldn't it be imprudent to use it on skin currently containing acne? Just seems like it would spread bacteria.

Comment

• This is probably true. I think a dermaroller is effective for acne scarring. I was looking up retinaldehyde instead of retin-a: Osmosis Skincare - Research | Retinaldehyde
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

• I surprisingly have very little scarring. I do have a super prescription retinoid called tazorac (or tazarotene) which is great for spot treatment. However, as it is also effective in eating through the flesh on your face, I can only use it as a treatment once every few days and I absolutely cannot use it as a preventative measure.

Comment

• Other things I would try are topical aspirin, topical niacinamide, incandescent light, internal vitamin a

I have a lot of suggestions, but I don't know their effectiveness too well as I've actually never had a single pimple for some reason. :| I only have anecdotes from others and science.

I think my lack of pimples is probably just hormones(high T low E), because it's not genetics, since my mom breaks out sometimes.
                        Last edited by Derpamix; 07-26-2013, 10:05 PM.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Well then you are one lucky bastard. I was trying topical C for a while (not sure where I found that suggestion) and it seemed to be working. I will try the niacinamide.

Comment

• I'm sure it also has to do with gut health

Vitamin c is effective too. You might wanna browse around here:

http://ncnskincare.com/acne-oily-skin-c-20

I've ordered some of these before, as a gift, and they really liked them.
                            Last edited by Derpamix; 07-26-2013, 10:18 PM.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              I've ordered some of these before, as a gift, and they really liked them.
                              Mmm hmm

I'm interested in that exfoliant; I feel like I'm constantly raking dead skin off my face (sorry). Interesting (and clever) that it contains bromelain. Do you think I could make my own bromelain topical treatment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                Dermarollers increase collagen, I use one
                                Derp, you never fail to surprise me...

DId you buy one? Is it painful??
                                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X