X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is speshul, Derp.

I know it's kind of early but...

Tuesday, July 23

Woke up drenched in sweat during the middle of the night. Makes sense since my temp was high before bed.

- coffee sugar gelatin
    - 1pm: carrot juice, handful baby carrots
    - 330pm: 2 hb eggs, few bites of chicken while shredding it.
    - More carrot juice, some melon

I thought my appetite would be back after eating so little yesterday but instead it has gotten worse. This has never happened to me before; I have never had this strong of a signal from my body to not eat. Even in the past when I've been vomiting from the flu I have still been able to eat the moment I thought I could keep it down. I felt hungry all morning but the thought of eating anything at all made me severely nauseated.

I spent a few hours with a friend today watching cooking shows while he (my friend) made a gourmet grilled cheese for himself and even after all of that I still did not want to eat. I ate some carrots afterwards to try to stimulate my appetite but that didn't really work. Finally I was really hungry and a few eggs didn't sound terrible but pretty soon afterwards I felt more nauseous than I had before. I won't eat anything else tonight but carrot juice and melon when I do get hungry or thirsty.

The thing is, everything else is fine. My energy is fine and I don't feel sick besides the nausea. I'm a bit bloated (must be the carrots. Not like I've eaten much else) and I did break down into tears when I accidentally made a new - and very painful - zit much worse but…. Hopefully everything will be better tomorrow.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Hey Bat, sorry - I've been meaning to drop in but... you know

ABout your tummy skin - dry brushing will help. And, cupping! It's meant to do amazing things. You can buy your own silicon cups for about ten bucks for two cups. Yup, I just bought a set

Weird about your appetite. I can't comment on anything about that right now, cos I'm all over the place, but Graycat is also experiencing big appetite suppression.
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
        Hey Bat, sorry - I've been meaning to drop in but... you know

ABout your tummy skin - dry brushing will help. And, cupping! It's meant to do amazing things. You can buy your own silicon cups for about ten bucks for two cups. Yup, I just bought a set

Weird about your appetite. I can't comment on anything about that right now, cos I'm all over the place, but Graycat is also experiencing big appetite suppression.

I forgot about dry brushing - I did it for a while but stopped because, well, I never keep those things up. Whipped out the brush and gave it a go. Cupping? Oy.

I still don't know what's going on with my appetite. It's more than no appetite, though; it's straight up aversion to most foods. Mrr. Might as well get on with the journal entry.

Wednesday, July 24

Feeling better… ish?

Woke up this morning, drank my coffee out on the porch in the sun, and went romping! Jogged the trails to the sound, sat around admiring the view, and frolicked back. I climbed a tree, jumped on/off/to/from/across fallen logs, and was almost attacked by bees trying to dig my car keys out of the log I had hidden them in. Overall, it was a successful outing.

Other exercise included:
        - A good amount of pull up practice.
        - Dancing like a moron in my living room (The Strokes Pandora station was invaluable for that)

Food:
        - Last night around 8pm I was feeling hollow, pit of stomach hunger and ate some mango and smoked salmon. It felt great and no nausea!
        Today:
        - 1130am: can of tuna scrambled in 2 eggs (for some reason I only had olive oil packed tuna but I drained it as much as possible); some mango
        - 5pm: mango, melon, smoked salmon

I was very hungry when I got back from my jog / playtime in the woods which was encouraging but when I became hungry again in the late afternoon I faced the same problem as yesterday: imagining eating anything that I currently had in my house made me feel sick: chicken = sick, eggs = sick, ice cream = sick. The only thing that didn't sound terrible was more fruit and smoked salmon (oddly, however, thinking about eating baked salmon made me queasy… Only smoked salmon sounded ok. I'M SO CONFUSED!) I might eat more tonight. I have some chicken andouille sausages that sound ok (again, another instance of form being key: sausage sounds fine but the shredded chicken I have in the fridge sounds terrible. WHAT THE F?) And I'm still only nauseous when I think about food. I must have eaten something bad / had the smallest touch of food poisoning or something. I can't make sense out of it other than that.

In my obviously delirious state I made the boneheaded move of commenting to my mam that I was feeling nauseous so she's been trying to persuade me to eat some white rice (neener neener you are 1,000 miles away! You can't make me!) And that actually does sound good to me but this is what always happens: I start to feel great, have a moment of dis-ease, take a bite of rice (or potato or whatever) and it's aaaalllll over. I go back to eating tons of starches and feel like shit again. So I think it's better to not even allow the possibility of that happening.

Also, just to make anyone here who might be having trouble accepting their body not feel so alone (I won't name names), I am not-so-secretly hoping that this loss of appetite will cause me to get that much closer to looking like what I did pre-EAT. I mean, I wouldn't be absolutely devastated to see a bit of my upper arms or thighs go. I'd miss them, sure, we've bonded (hopefully not permanently) these past couple of months; but sometimes you just have to let things go. And like my grandmother says, "One good flu a year"
        Last edited by ombat; 07-24-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• You know, I would just embrace this "not-being-hungry". Don't overthink it. A lot of people get it when they start low carb as well: it won't last

And yes, ha! I know that most people are here because they want to lose weight. It's just the extent to which you allow it to rule your life. You've got a healthy relationship with thinness: there's nothing wrong with wanting to feel your best.

I'll let you know about the cupping! xx
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• That beautiful view almost made me ignore the fact you listen to The Strokes
            Make America Great Again

Comment

You know, I would just embrace this "not-being-hungry". Don't overthink it. A lot of people get it when they start low carb as well: it won't last

And yes, ha! I know that most people are here because they want to lose weight. It's just the extent to which you allow it to rule your life. You've got a healthy relationship with thinness: there's nothing wrong with wanting to feel your best.

I'll let you know about the cupping! xx
              What? Does it seem like I'm overthinking it?? *twitch*

Thanx beb <3 Hopefully actually having the energy to exercise will move me in a desirable direction as well....

No, please don't.

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
              That beautiful view almost made me ignore the fact you listen to The Strokes
              Oh don't worry, I think it was the Killers that had come on when I started dancing. *Watches Derp's nuts explode* Why am I so cruel?

As an aside, I rarely ever listen to music when I spend time there. It just seems disrespectful.

Update

Last night (sheeeeee said) I tried to eat some andouille sausages but my body wasn't havin' it, so I just ate an entire 1.5 lb bag of mangoes instead (throughout the course of the evening).

Today my appetite (so far) is still pretty low but I no longer feel discriminatory or nauseous about specific foods. I'm actually having "weird" wants, like chicken wrapped in nori and dipped in ketchup (don't worry guys, it's Trader Joe's organic ketchup. Even the vinegar is organic ). but I skipped the nori part.

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
                No, please don't.
                Does cupping mean something different in DC?! Cupping therapy

- Ray Peat

Comment

What? Does it seem like I'm overthinking it?? *twitch*

Thanx beb <3 Hopefully actually having the energy to exercise will move me in a desirable direction as well....

No, please don't.

Oh don't worry, I think it was the Killers that had come on when I started dancing. *Watches Derp's nuts explode* Why am I so cruel?

As an aside, I rarely ever listen to music when I spend time there. It just seems disrespectful.

Update

Last night (sheeeeee said) I tried to eat some andouille sausages but my body wasn't havin' it, so I just ate an entire 1.5 lb bag of mangoes instead (throughout the course of the evening).

Today my appetite (so far) is still pretty low but I no longer feel discriminatory or nauseous about specific foods. I'm actually having "weird" wants, like chicken wrapped in nori and dipped in ketchup (don't worry guys, it's Trader Joe's organic ketchup. Even the vinegar is organic ). but I skipped the nori part.
                  Updated.

Last night, sheeeee said:
                  "oh, baby, I feel so down.
                  It really turns me off,
                  When I feel left out"
                  FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

Does cupping mean something different in DC?! Cupping therapy
                    Nope.

Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
                    Updated.

Last night, sheeeee said:
                    "oh, baby, I feel so down.
                    It really turns me off,
                    When I feel left out"
                    You can stay, Cat.

Thursday, July 25

Went back to frolic in the forests this afternoon but I had such a splitting headache (??) that all I could do was walk the trails, climb a tree, and hang out over the cliffs.

No idea where the headache is from. It came on after breakfast and I took a nap hoping it would go away but it's only gotten worse as the day has gone on and now my head is throbbing. Also…

Acne is absurd right now. It's much more cystic than usual and one of them actually itches. I even saw one form right before my very eyes today. They usually appear over night… Blargh whyyyy universe? Waaaaiiiiii????

In food news, nausea has finally taken its leave! But still lacking appetite. I ate more calorie dense foods today (few spoonfuls of ice cream, handful of dates) but I think I actually ate less overall than I did yesterday.

What a buzz kill, huh?

Comment

Nope.
                      Then what's your problem, woman?

I'm sorry about your acne... Do you think it might be the dairy?

- Ray Peat

Comment

Then what's your problem, woman?

I'm sorry about your acne... Do you think it might be the dairy?
                        Just giving you a hard time. There are so many alternative type treatments I've tried for things... Personally, I'm done. But I will be glad to hear about your results.

I sure as fuck hope not because once I do get my appetite back (smoked medical grade weed last night and I'm STILL not hungry. ha) I'm not quite sure where I'd be getting my calories from. No dairy, starches, or extra fats? You still have a recipe for those air fritters?? I have been eating dairy for some time now (though it was mostly sheep's) so I don't know if that's really it. The only thing I can think of is that on Friday/Saturday I had tamari/soy sauce and had tamari again yesterday. Think the soy could cause it?

Comment

• You can stay, Cat.

Thanks. Enjoy reading this thread. Ciki90 thread too.
                          FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol blackcat View Post
                            Thanks. Enjoy reading this thread. Ciki90 thread too.
                            Please jump in at any time. It's often more fun than "I'm nauseous," "I'm tired," "My face looks like a meth addict's'" etc...

Comment

• Eat more & more variety of fruit. Grapes, melons, cherries.

Also, hi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
                                Eat more & more variety of fruit. Grapes, melons, cherries.

Also, hi.
                                Oh hai! I'm glad you've stopped in because I need your advice (what's new?)... I've had little appetite and/or have been made queasy by thoughts of food since Sunday and I'm not sure exactly what to do. Particularly today I am hungry (really very hungry) but the thought of putting anything in my stomach besides carrot juice and melon makes me want to hurl (even other fruit doesn't appeal to me). I thought maybe I caught something but it's almost been a week now. The nauseous feeling has been off and on (I wasnt yesterday) but the no appetite thing has been every day. I've never experienced anything like this. Thoughts?

What have you been up to recently? Just having fun?

Comment

Working...
                                X