Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Om--nice picture!

    Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Part of me feels like there's no way this could be bad for me and another part of me (thanks to MDA, honestly) is thinking I am going to get diabetes or cancer.
    I feel the same way about fruit.

    Right now, I'm gorging on peaches and plums cuz they're in season and are my favorites. It's hard to find good plums around here though. In CA, you can get ones that are so ripe that you can just bite a small hole in the skin and suck out the entire fruit! That's the best way to eat plums! Other than that, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, and shitloads of banana. Asian pears and apples too.

    My journal

    Comment


    • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      Yes, awesome potential avatar!

      Some of the Lost Boys of Sudan ended up attending my high school. They were incredibly nice people.
      There we go. It is representative of alter-ombat: the one that has the digestive abilities to eat sea vegetables.

      That's really cool! How did they adjust?

      Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      Ice cream doesn't sit so well, but I am drifting towards meat & fruit & fat. Part of me feels like there's no way this could be bad for me and another part of me (thanks to MDA, honestly) is thinking I am going to get diabetes or cancer. My hypoglycemia doesn't act up at all with fruit (only refined sugars & wheat, esp. with the two combined), but I find it's harder to get full. I'm honestly not eating very much lately though. I feel tired of eating the same things. What fruit do you guys eat?
      In what way does it not sit well? And is it all dairy or just ice cream? I am also not very hungry eating this way. Actually, I am somewhat adverse to eating altogether. Not because the foods I'm eating don't appeal to me but because the thought of eating anything at all doesn't appeal to me. I ate very little yesterday (so normally I'd be starving today) and I could barely bring myself to drink coffee this morning. My (possibly naive) theory is that I'm finally getting the nutrients I need and my body is trying to get back down to the weight I've been all my life (-10 lb of what I am now) orrrrrr it could be that something is terribly wrong.

      Originally posted by Graycat View Post
      That's basically all I eat too (+ milk, chocolate and gelatin). My stomach is flat for the first time I can remember. When I'm lying on my back, that is But, seriously my bloat is gone.

      re. breakouts - I get those when I have non organic dairy (hormones?) and sometimes while ovulating (hormones again?).
      Hey, that is no small feat! My bloat was so bad recently that my stomach wasn't flat even lying down...

      I have noticed that I break out more during ovulation as well and I seem to be nearing that time. Meh, I'll see what happens - let it play out for a while.

      Originally posted by Zach View Post
      Great things in here, Om. That crash was for sure from the digestion. Keep track of that and see of you get a crash a few hours after anything that bloats you.
      Even the part about us getting married? I've been growing out my chest hair for the wedding- Oh wait, that's for your and Derp's wedding...
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

      Comment


      • Bleggghhh I have never liked peaches. I don't think I've tried plums since I was very young though, so that's something to try. I like blueberries in things, but not alone. I definitely need more melon in my life. Sometimes fruit textures bother me. I can only eat a few strawberries at a time. I like the flavor of blackberries & blueberries, but I prefer to mush them with my tongue and then swallow them. Chewing them eeks me out.
        Depression Lies

        Comment


        • Originally posted by diene View Post
          Om--nice picture!

          I feel the same way about fruit.

          Right now, I'm gorging on peaches and plums cuz they're in season and are my favorites. It's hard to find good plums around here though. In CA, you can get ones that are so ripe that you can just bite a small hole in the skin and suck out the entire fruit! That's the best way to eat plums! Other than that, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, and shitloads of banana. Asian pears and apples too.
          TANKS!

          Oops I forgot to answer that question - I eat mostly mangoes and sometimes melon (though those cause temporary bloat for me due to the water content?). The other night I had some berries and those didn't seem to cause an upset. I am going to add a few oranges for nutrition and I would like to try stone fruits. They had caused cramping for me in the past so we'll see how I do!

          Name, why don't you try fruit juices? No texture.
          Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

          Comment


          • All dairy bugs me (not butter, but that's because it's generally such a small amount). Bloating, gas, & diarrhea (to varying degrees depending on how much I eat/use). Before when I was badly constipated, it was just awful bloat. Lactaid stops the diarrhea and reduces the bloat, but I still get very gassy.
            Depression Lies

            Comment


            • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              Bleggghhh I have never liked peaches. I don't think I've tried plums since I was very young though, so that's something to try. I like blueberries in things, but not alone. I definitely need more melon in my life. Sometimes fruit textures bother me. I can only eat a few strawberries at a time. I like the flavor of blackberries & blueberries, but I prefer to mush them with my tongue and then swallow them. Chewing them eeks me out.
              Are you a supertaster?

              My journal

              Comment


              • Originally posted by diene View Post
                Are you a supertaster?
                Not to my knowledge. My husband is a supertaster and puked in a science class when they were made to taste this strip of paper. It's just supposed to taste bad to people who can taste it, but not make you puke!
                Depression Lies

                Comment


                • If Lactaid helps you then you actually do have some sort of lactose intolerance....

                  And I had edited my post above to include this so you might not have seen it, but have you tried juices of the fruits whose textures you don't like instead?
                  Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    Not to my knowledge. My husband is a supertaster and puked in a science class when they were made to taste this strip of paper. It's just supposed to taste bad to people who can taste it, but not make you puke!
                    Oh, I remember tasting those strips--it's to see if you have the gene that allows you to taste it, right? I can't remember if I could taste it though. God, early-onset Alzheimer's!

                    Hey, is it weird to say "my husband," since you're so newly married? A close friend of mine got married a few months ago (it was a really sudden wedding), and I still feel weird saying "her husband."

                    My journal

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ombat View Post
                      Oops I forgot to answer that question - I eat mostly mangoes and sometimes melon (though those cause temporary bloat for me due to the water content?). The other night I had some berries and those didn't seem to cause an upset. I am going to add a few oranges for nutrition and I would like to try stone fruits. They had caused cramping for me in the past so we'll see how I do!

                      Name, why don't you try fruit juices? No texture.
                      I stopped eating oranges a couple of months ago because I thought they were contributing to my gas issues (citric acid problems? maybe?). Haven't tried them again yet, but I'm not sure if I will. In the past, they've bothered my gums.

                      Would I need a juicer for that? I'm thinking of making more smoothies, but as silly as it sounds, I don't really know what to put in them! I made a really tasty one over the weekend with ice, plain rice milk, almond butter, banana, and blueberries. I just dumped stuff in and ended up with a tall glass full. I had a craving for almond butter and this seemed like the best way to treat it .

                      Originally posted by diene View Post
                      Oh, I remember tasting those strips--it's to see if you have the gene that allows you to taste it, right? I can't remember if I could taste it though. God, early-onset Alzheimer's!

                      Hey, is it weird to say "my husband," since you're so newly married? A close friend of mine got married a few months ago (it was a really sudden wedding), and I still feel weird saying "her husband."
                      It wasn't clear to me when I did the tasting what it would taste like if I could I don't really know what plain paper tastes like, but I think I remember it being a bit acidic. Maybe I'm a minor super-taster

                      It is TOTALLY weird. It took me long enough to adjust to "fiancť". We were engaged for about 6 months. I hesitate before speaking to people and it's weird because anyone I speak to about "my husband" is basically someone at work, so they know I just got married too.
                      Depression Lies

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ombat View Post

                        Even the part about us getting married? I've been growing out my chest hair for the wedding- Oh wait, that's for your and Derp's wedding...
                        I had to go back five pages to get what your saying. Thanks.

                        Comment


                        • Name, juicers are pretty cheap but you can buy juices too. I don't know what kind of town/city you live in but juice has gotten trendy is some areas so you can usually get it fresh squeezed from somewhere. If you like smoothies that's perfectly fine too! I was just trying to think of something with the least texture.

                          Zach....

                          Monday, July 22


                          Slept
                          >8.5 hrs. Yuss.

                          - 9am: few sips concentrated csg, some carrot juice
                          - 1230pm: 3 salted hb eggs, few slices salmon sashimi
                          - 3:30pm: ~1/2 c. ice cream + mango
                          - 7pm: ~100g bison; chicken breast + hb egg + coconut aminos

                          Felt very nauseous and adverse to food all day. I did get hungry around 11:30am but it took me an hour to figure out what didn’t sound like it would make me vomit. Same with the rest of my food for the day. I don't think I can blame the zinc anymore and I can't blame the soy sauce from yesterday (at least for the nausea) because I've had it many times recently without that side effect. I must have caught something? My energy is fine I just feel queasy.

                          Puffiness/Water retentions:

                          Face is a little puffy today and I was just noticing yesterday how slim it looked. Retaining water for some reason. Soy sauce (gluten) from the seaweed salad?

                          Acne is improving mildly. I broke down and used some prescription cream last night.

                          Exercise: Ran around campus until I found a building that was open - didn't do too much on the stairs considering my state today.

                          Temperature:
                          Two nights in a row now my temperature has been above 98.6 (last night it was 98.7 and tonight it is 99.0). That coupled with the nausea would indicate that I'm fighting something.
                          Last edited by ombat; 07-22-2013, 08:49 PM.
                          Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                          Comment


                          • Get the San-J gluten free soy sauce dude.

                            nameless, you should drink oj with a straw.
                            Make America Great Again

                            Comment


                            • That is what I use at home. The wakame salad had been pre-prepared...
                              Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                              Comment


                              • Never trust anything green and pre-prepared.
                                Make America Great Again

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X