No announcement yet.

Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im still on the fence about noopept. Guess it doesnt give people super powers or anything, so meh.

P.s too bad its not 1996 AOL style, we could chatroom it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CiKi90
      lol, oh ok. I was just a little confused.

and om, if you're bored enough to get back on AIM, I'm down. lol. but this is ok toooooo <3
      I'll dig up my old username... Or maybe make a new one. I'll let you know

Originally posted by Zach View Post
      Im still on the fence about noopept. Guess it doesnt give people super powers or anything, so meh.

Wonder how Derp's doing on it. Haven't heard an update in a while.

Ha I totally forgot about that. There were some weird chat rooms going on on AOL... Can you not do group chats on AIM? Sounds like something that should be pretty fundamental to a program like that.
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by CiKi90
        i don't even know what noopept is. is it like.... a thyroid thing? idk.

omg aol chatrooms were fun when i was younger. all my friends would get in one chatroom and talk about the dumbest stuff imaginable. it was like the Party line on the telephone in the 80's. ha.
        Nope it's suppose to enhance cognitive function.

Yes, those were the days...

AH! I just found a very specific spot just below and off to the side of my navel - at about 11 o' clock if you're looking down at your own belly - that is very... stimulating. Wow, the things I get excited about.

Comment

• Yeah I've been dealing with brain fog off and on for the past few years. I'm going to try to take it back up soon. It's just hard when I'm either needing to use my brain for work or for school and it's making it worse...

Comment

• Saturday, June 29

Sleep/Energy:
            - Slept 2am-8am
            - Tired, napped for 1.5 hrs around 5pm. woke up in a pool of sweat :/

Food/Digestion:
            - 3 eggs and 1/2 sweet potato (both with butter)
            - 1.5 chocolate chip pumpkin cookies (rice flour, maple syrup), 1 small lemon blueberry poppy seed muffin (almond flour)
            - 2 chicken sausages w/ maple syrup, bit of gold potatoes with feta cheese
            - carrot juice
            - Going out later for my alcohol supplement

Not very hungry.

I'm trying to be more go-with-the-flow regarding food, but I think I should have abstained from the muffin. My friend made them in response to me making cookies and I didn't want to say no / figured it would be fine. But I don't think I would have been nearly as bloated or uncomfortable today if I hadn't eaten it (because of the almond meal).

- BMs ok, not great
            - Bloat: bad as yesterday. more "solid" too

Supps:
            Usual.

Acne:
            Acting up a little still.

I still feel sick but I hope this heat is helping me get it all out - woke up from my nap sweating buckets, body temperature is still upper 98's, but I'm going out tonight anyway because it's too hot to sit in the house.

QOTD: What do you do to cool off in the heat? As my housemate says, "you're really bad at being poor and having no air conditioning" though I'm not sure what one really has to do with the other. She's been snitty at me all day for some reason. ANYWAY…

Comment

• Haha, GNC or something. This is some underground crazy stuff!

But yea youcan order it online in bulk. Really cheap but it really does work.

Comment

• Youd think if you were bad at being poor, you would have AC?

I dont have the problem of being in hot temps to often. Usually go swimming.

Comment

• Ci, you have to get it online. Immediate effects that I noticed were heightened physical awareness, calmness, and blunting the effects of alcohol (i.e. I didn't get buzzed or drunk on the amount I normally would). But the second time around, after taking a break, it made me spacey.

Z, ha, you'd think... whatever. It's kind of hard to go swimming when you're trying to fall asleep, though. Details, details..

Comment

• Ooo actually, thanks for reminding me! I used to have these scarf-like things (and vests too) that I used to wear under my clothes horseback riding during the summer. Same thing - get em wet and they stay cool for a very long time. I should look back into those....

Comment

• I just ordered more after running about of my 1g batch from CH, which I found to be less effective than others I've tried, for some reason. I noticed the smell wasn't as strong as the other noopept powders I've taken, which is probably somewhat of an indication it's not quite as active.

Which brand did you buy again? It's so hot I woke up early(fell asleep at like 6:30pm)

I did notice that after overdosing on the CH(because I thought my tolerance was built up already, I was taking 200mg+) I received the same sensitivity to light that other people were complaining about. Being outside, or even in, was pretty painful. I was wearing sunglasses everywhere.
                      Last edited by Derpamix; 06-29-2013, 11:56 PM.
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        Im still on the fence about noopept. Guess it doesnt give people super powers or anything, so meh.

Haha, no, and I think it depends on the person and how intense you stimulate your mind before you notice any real cognitive enhancements. Such as, information recall, speed of reading, comprehension(this could be what Ombat is calling brain fog) -- I noticed these things being mildly impaired, or what I perceived as being mildly impaired about half way through taking noopept, but it was only because after taking noopept, that ability was turned ON, after being OFF, and I hit some sort of downregulation after not taking it. For example, when reading some postmodernist literature, which is usually simple to read for me, I'd sometimes have to read the same page more than once to make sure I comprehended and remembered all the information. Impairment on short term memory, too?

For others, it's usually noticeable if you're battling anxiety, mostly social(anti-social behavior, or worse, aspergers), but I'm definitely someone who is more depressed than the average person, I think too much, and I have really bad anxiety, which I try to combat via stimulants, the brain fog(cholinergics, eugeroics, methylxanthines) and relax with the downers. Anxiety in itself causes brain fog and learned helplessness. There are a lot of things at play when it comes to this, I think, digestion comes to mind too -- not only of the noopept(especially taking tabs), but in general.

Sublingual dosing is much more potent too, than dissolving, or tablets. I think another go around, she'll probably find it more effective in a good way.
                        Last edited by Derpamix; 06-30-2013, 12:18 AM.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Got mine from new star nootropics. If smell is any indication, theirs is pretty potent.

By way of spaciness - when I started it up again - I took it in the morning upon waking and, two days in a row, by the next few hours I felt like I was not cognizant of time and space around me. I quit 2 days in because I was driving and realized I was completely unaware during a good 2-3 minutes of my route. That is not okay.

Comment

• Interesting - I used to have social anxiety but not for years now.

Sunday, June 30

Sleep/Energy:
                            - 4am-noon. Up a few times between 7-10. Have never slept in that late before.
                            - Energy is not bad, surprisingly

Food/Digestion:
                            - 1/4 lb roast turkey, few bites of potato (threw the rest away. not appealing), few bites of feta
                            - 24oz Jamba smoothie (peach mango strawberry) drank over the course of an hour. 59g of sugar, y'all
                            - 1/2 sweet potato, 1 can of tuna +2 eggs (butter) + coconut aminos; chocolate chips
                            - swigs of gin

Not very hungry until evening.

- BMs: late afternoon
                            - Bloat: pretty significant after the Jamba, even though I drank it very slowly. Gassy in evening as well. Damnit, fruit. However, by now it is much better than it was yesterday and the day before!

Supps:
                            - Last night: alcohol, weed, hookah (Tacoma Rain flavor. Lolz)
                            - Today: usual (gelatin, D3, Mg, niacinaide) + zinc + alcohol

Body Comp and Optimal Diet
                            So I took my measurements today and everything is the same except that the area around my navel seems to be up by 1 inch. This of course is my most difficult area to measure because of bloat, but I try to keep it consistent. Also, photos I took of myself yesterday in the style of my photos in my intro post to COY shows that this may be accurate. Other than that, I feel like I have leaned out in general in the past 1.5 weeks, or, since coming back from SF (where I pigged out like crazy). EDIT: to clarify, I mean that I leaned out DURING the five days I was pigging out like crazy. This plus other factors (i have gotten barely any exercise during this time) has led me to believe that my optimal diet (not taking into account bloat / digestion) may be low fat, moderate carbs and protein. I'm going to continue like this and see what happens.

EDIT: Ok, I guess I was already doing that. What I mean is more starches and sugar, less coconut milk ice cream, etc. i'm also gravitating away from dairy and cheese. Yoghurt still appeals to me at times, but other dairy just doesn't make me feel good at all (rather heavy). I'm also coming back around to wanting more meat - still not red meat, but chicken, pork, etc.

So, regardless of the high temps today, I might also be sweating because my temp is 99.0 deg. Orz. I think the alcohol actually helps with the heat. My housemate confirmed that she experiences the same thing. Anyway, off to my cousins' basement. It's about 10 degrees cooler down there.
                            Last edited by ombat; 07-01-2013, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• Hey Ombat, regarding the IUD. I had a copper one for 8 months. The insertion isn't a big deal. It was painful, but the pain only lasts for like a second. (The most painful part is when they insert the sound to measure your uterus. They will probably do this twice, which sucks. In my case, she did it three times. The insertion of the IUD didn't hurt at all.) The cramping and heavy periods are the worst during the first few months. They will both get better as time progresses. My periods are heavy without the IUD, and they're even heavier with the IUD. But that didn't really bother me. I never (and I mean NEVER) experienced menstrual cramps before the IUD (seriously, I didn't even think that they were real, I thought girls just made them up to get out of gym class). The cramps were not horribly bad or anything, but I also have a high pain tolerance. I only had to take ibuprofen once per cycle (the day before the bleeding actually starts was the worst, I think) during the first three months after insertion. By the time I had mine removed (8 months later), the cramps were almost completely gone. My period was still heavy, but it was getting lighter. It probably would have returned to normal after a few more months.

Also, during the first few months, you might sometimes experience a very mild pain in your uterus for no reason (at random times during the month). It will feel as if you can feel the IUD in there. A lot of people are freaked out by this and have the thing removed. But the discomfort is pretty mild, and you can pretty much ignore it. And it doesn't last forever. It goes away after a few months.

You may or may not remember that I had mine removed because I suspected that it had made me gain weight. At this point, I'm pretty sure that the IUD had nothing to do with my weight gain, and I will probably get another one at some point in the future. I haven't decided yet--only because I read that the way the copper IUD works (they think--it's not completely understood) is that it causes chronic low-grade inflammation of the endometrium, and I don't know how I feel about that. But it really is the best option, aside from condoms, I think.

The removal is super easy. It doesn't hurt at all. So I guess my point is that you should probably just give it a shot. Can always have it removed if you don't like it, but try to stick it out for at least 6 months because all of the really annoying side effects go away after the first couple months.

A shot of whiskey beforehand is probably a good idea. You should also bring some ibuprofen because you'll have some cramping after the insertion. It wasn't horribly bad for me, and I went to work after I had it inserted. But I've read online that some people get pretty bad cramps the day of the insertion.

My journal

Comment

• Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me!

It's really not the pain I'm worried about. I have a relatively high pain threshold and I'm not squeamish in any way, really. I have pretty light and short periods naturally with zero cramping so it would be a bummer to suddenly experience the opposite but I could deal with it for a few months I suppose.

The only thing that is causing me to hesitate is the inflammatory response I might experience due to having a foreign, metal object shoved up my body. I feel like I already deal with (or have dealt with) enough inflammation (joints, gut, etc) and Im unsure if I'm comfortable doing that to my body.

Meh. (<- interesting argument, huh?)

Comment

Working...
                                X