Step right up-don’t be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    I hear you. I'm getting better at eating at irregular times now, but it's still there a bit. It's improved even more since I reduced my starch and sugar tbh. Normally I'm a nightmare on holidays, nagging my parents to go eat, but I've been fasting happily enough on this trip... though as soon as I start eating I'm voracious.
    That's how I use to feel - never hungry until I began eating and then anything in front of me (or in the kitchen) was bound to be gone in a heart beat. Also it could be due to reducing starch and sugar but you are on vacation and I don't even eat that much on vacation.... You're busy, distracted, etc. See how you are when you get home

Maybe 1,800 cals is enough for you. Just eat til you're full And eat chicken if you want... These days I'm of the opinion it's better to get rid of neurosis than omega 6.
    It's possible - I rarely seem to go over it except on very hungry days and even then it's only by about 200-300 cals. And I agree.... though I know not to let myself go anywhere near nut butters... Maybe one day I'll have self control with that stuff. Actually, I probably would now. Maybe when I go back to eating bananas one day. Mmm banana and almond butter... Anyway, yes, and I am constantly thinking about that Chris Kresser (was it?) quote you used to have in your sig..
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Saturday, June 15

Sleep/Energy:
      - 12:30am-6:45am. Don't know why I woke up so early. Hungry maybe.

Food/Digestion:
      - B: 3 eggs (coconut oil) + feta cheese, rice + aminos…. 45 min later: 2 rice crackers, smoked salmon
      - S: small bowl of salted carrots. Wasn't hungry, just craving them badly .
      - S/L: poppy seed pear and apple cobbler (topping made from almond meal, flax, egg, coconut oil, etc.) made for me by a friend.
      - Early D: sweet potato with garlic and herb goat cheese. omfg. ~3/4 cup yoghurt (gave myself a full cup but couldn't finish it)
      - S: rest of yoghurt, cantaloupe + salt (out of thirst). Little carrot juice in anticipation of dehydration later to come…
      - DRANKS. Specifically, 3 gin and tonics and 1 glass of wine (that was the stupid part). Also a bite of steak at my friend's house and a single chicken wing drenched in BBQ sauce at the bar.

Not incredibly hungry (besides breakfast)

- BMs: decent. Even had one after dinner (unusual) after dong Ci's anti-bloat tummy massage!
      - Bloat: not bad after breakfast(s) but by the end of the day…

Supps:
      - gelatin
      - Mg 200 mg

Skin/Acne:

No large blemishes, skin just looks bumpy and like pores are massive.

Exercise:

More pull up bar fun times

Comment

• ALSO I have gotten niacinamide supps and aloe vera caps but I don't like to try more than one new supp at a time, so which should I try first? Derp, do you really think I could have a B3 deficiency? I don't think I have any of the classic symptoms

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
          ALSO I have gotten niacinamide supps and aloe vera caps but I don't like to try more than one new supp at a time, so which should I try first? Derp, do you really think I could have a B3 deficiency? I don't think I have any of the classic symptoms
          Probably not a deficiency, but:

"the amounts needed seem large if niacinamide is thought of as “vitamin B3,” but it should be considered as a factor that compensates for our unphysiological exposure to inappropriate fats."

Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            Probably not a deficiency, but:

"the amounts needed seem large if niacinamide is thought of as “vitamin B3,” but it should be considered as a factor that compensates for our unphysiological exposure to inappropriate fats."

Ray Peat, PhD Quotes on Therapeutic Effects of Niacinamide – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
            Seems to be beneficial for metabolism as a whole. I'll give this a shot first. Just took 500mg. Is that a proper dose? And am I taking it daily?

Originally posted by CiKi90
            Well, if your BMs are good, then try the niacinamide stuff first. Not sure what you need that for... What does it do, what does it help with?
            Thinks it will help with HCL production. Plus metabolism and PUFA protection, it seems...

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
              Seems to be beneficial for metabolism as a whole. I'll give this a shot first. Just took 500mg. Is that a proper dose? And am I taking it daily?
              Yeah, 500mg daily is cool, I think that's about the dose my man Ray recommends. I get 1.5g myself though, just cause it makes the veins on my arms poke out and that's cool.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• *rolls eyes reeeaaaal hard*

Comment

• Wtf!
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    Yeah, 500mg daily is cool, I think that's about the dose my man Ray recommends. I get 1.5g myself though, just cause it makes the veins on my arms poke out and that's cool.

Comment

• there is a scientific reason behind why I like my veins to poke out you know...

also, wtf, zach
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• LMAO Zach...

I'm sure there is, Derp, but because it's "cool" probably isn't it :P

EDIT: I'm still laughing.

Comment

• Nope, it's hot
                          Make America Great Again

Comment

• Your man Ray tell you that?

Comment

• Yeah
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

• I've been using niacinamide for a couple of months now. I don't know that I can tell a difference but I have so many things at odds it seems. I have been feeling better lately. I take 500mg 3x day, but sometimes it's only 2x a day. I bought the Vitamin Shoppe brand. Derp, what brand do you use?

Comment

Working...
                                X