Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
    Well tbh I wasn't always the easy breezy (ha! Right..) Batgirl that you know and love today. I suffered from severe anxiety as a child - change scared me so much that I would scream for hours if my mom even changed out of her work clothes into sweats and a t shirt, had panic attacks nightly around the ages of 10-12, and then dealt with depression and more anxiety issues throughout high school. Also me getting sick (with the stomach infection 2 years ago) was smack dab in the middle of an emotional crisis I was going through with an ex who turned out to be extremely emotionally unstable and harassed me for months to the point where I was arguing, yelling, and crying on a daily basis. So I don't know. Perhaps years of chronic emotional stress was in the works manifesting itself into something tangible and that was the straw... Maybe it really is "all in my head" God knows I've tried enough elimination diets to know that is not going to cure me. Maybe I need to approach this on a larger scale. Or just try to keep myself as healthy as I physically can for the rest of my life...

Its a clever thought but I don't think summer has anything to do with it. I'm usually very uncomfortable in warmer temperatures so that alone would not make me feel better. I also don't feel any more or less stressed. Definitely not less stressed. I was actually just thinking that I wish school would start up again already... I'm sorry sugar hasn't been helping you. Are your extremities cold or are you purely talking about your internal temp?

Also I thought you had been looking into Stone. Weren't you reading Eat for Heat? What made you quit that? Sorry it was a while ago I forgetted it :/
    I remember when we very first started talking on here that you mentioned the childhood trauma (another thing we have in common ) However, I don't believe unwellness is "all in your head". Stress has very powerful repercussions in human physiology. And different kinds of stress cause different physical illnesses.

Looking at this larger scale is a good idea. I definitely need to do that, but I don't know what it means really. What other significant changes can we make? Well, I can move to CA, but I don't think it's going to raise my metabolism

Well that's great that you're feeling better in warm temps! That's a great start, and a significant enough change that it indicates you're on the right path. Yeah, I have certain parts of my body that are always cold (tops of arms and middle of bum) and there's no change here. I don't take my internal temp anymore...

I didn't read E4H actually - is it good? I read Diet Recovery.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• ...I see you writing about gas, bloating, and digestive issues -- but I also seeing you eating a bunch of potentially red-flagged, high FODMAP foods. Have you tried a low FODMAP diet??

Your breakfast is a prime example -- yogurt, mango and maple syrup (ms is 'okay', but only in very small amounts)

All three could be problems in themselves, but then combined...well it could be worth looking into...hebs

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
        I remember when we very first started talking on here that you mentioned the childhood trauma (another thing we have in common ) However, I don't believe unwellness is "all in your head". Stress has very powerful repercussions in human physiology. And different kinds of stress cause different physical illnesses.
        I really do believe that. I was the queen of the "nervous stomach" as a child and well, look where I am now.

Looking at this larger scale is a good idea. I definitely need to do that, but I don't know what it means really. What other significant changes can we make? Well, I can move to CA, but I don't think it's going to raise my metabolism
        I wouldn't ride it off. Moving out of California for me changed my life in a profound way. Don't dismiss the effects of venue.

Well that's great that you're feeling better in warm temps! That's a great start, and a significant enough change that it indicates you're on the right path. Yeah, I have certain parts of my body that are always cold (tops of arms and middle of bum) and there's no change here. I don't take my internal temp anymore...

I didn't read E4H actually - is it good? I read Diet Recovery.
        Those are odd places, haha. I've always had cold fingers and toes so this is quite remarkable and definitely a sign that I (might) be healing in other ways? I didn't read that one in particular but I've read his other books in which he discusses the concepts. Right now I'm just trying to stick with his trinity (plus one) for minimal stress: salt, sugar, starch (well, I have to figure out how much starch I can really take) and saturated fat (I don't really get any fat other than that anyway).
        Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by hebsie View Post
          ...I see you writing about gas, bloating, and digestive issues -- but I also seeing you eating a bunch of potentially red-flagged, high FODMAP foods. Have you tried a low FODMAP diet??

Your breakfast is a prime example -- yogurt, mango and maple syrup (ms is 'okay', but only in very small amounts)

All three could be problems in themselves, but then combined...well it could be worth looking into...hebs
          Hebsie, thank you so much for your input! I was on a zero FODMAP (I mean zero) diet for months and months with minimal success. I actually did find some foods I could not handle (onions for one) but also some high fodmap foods (mangoes) that I handle better than low fodmap foods (oranges).

The most my bloating has ever gone away was when I was eating 1/2 a sweet potato and 5 oz of meat 3 times per day. This, as I found out, was unsustainable. Some of the foods I'm eating now may be problematic for me in some ways, but until I really find out what's going on I'm much healthier eating them.

Comment

• The absolute worst foods for my digestion besides some meats are onion family, turnips, rutabaga, radishes and other ground veggies besides carrots and potatoes.

Comment

• Aloe vera is probably a good idea. Its amazing on the skin. I like any medicinal plant thats been used for hundreds of years. This is one major thing we have lost as we have evolved.

Comment

• Interesting. Squash is another one my stomach doesn't really like. Thought it would be easier than potatoes / yams but nope.

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                I like any medicinal plant thats been used for hundreds of years.
                Oh really is that a good indication that it works? :P I just remember that the stuff my nanny brought me also had juice and sugar in it and at the time I was still scared to death of something like that. I will try to find the liquid first and if that's not possibly I will try caps.

Also, on a somewhat maybe related note, I just started my cycle (5 days early) so that could account for much of the discomfort I've been feeling these past few days in the bloat department. Stupid female hormones ruining everything!

Comment

• Totally, if you females could just stop bleeding all the time, youd be all set.

Comment

• I don't trust anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die.

But in all sherioushness, it really is very difficult to tell what is making you bloat when sometimes it just turns out to be your period. Extra difficulty when you aren't regular.

Comment

• Originally posted by CiKi90
                      That's why I take seasonelle -- I only bleed 4x per year (usually)
                      Some people take hormonal BC with great success but I'm not one of them :/

Also, have you thought about the aloe Vera anymore?
                      Yeah I mentioned above that I'm going to look for the juice first and if I can't find that I'll try caps

Comment

• Ooooooom, Whole foods will have the juice.

Comment

• Oh wow that happened to a friend of mine - apparently it's a mightily excruciating experience which I guess you can attest to. I'm glad that the BC takes care of it, though.

The caps are really that concentrated huh? Ok I will buy those.

Zaaaaaaach, we don have wholefoods in my town, thank god (I would be broke) but I have a supplement store by me that is bound to have one form or another... Else they're all over Seattle so I could just get it there.

Comment

• Thanks for the protip! I'll head over there this weekend.

My main complaints were extreme BO (I could smell myself immediately after getting out of the shower!), shedding, oh, and that my cycle was never regular again despite being regular from the first day I got it at age 13.

Haha, that face does not look like a happy one... How did you prepare it?

Comment

• My OB/GYN suggested that I try something different, as many people react poorly to some BCs and not others, but I was in the throws of being the sickest I had ever been in my life and I just wasn't going to experiment with it.

Could I suggest that you try beef liver instead? Chicken liver is much stronger IMO, and more likely to induce a gag reflex. Sounds great to me, though

Comment

• ...my Russian Urologist actually recommended an aloe vera juice -- even before anti-biotics, imagine that -- for an inflamed prostate.

The brand he had me using was Lily of the Desert. Dosage was two ounces (1/4 cup) mixed with juice, 15-30 minutes before breakfast and dinner.

The large jug was 128oz, so 64 servings, and it would last a month if you used it twice (4oz) per day. I can't remember the cost, but it wasn't crazy expensive or anything.

They also sell a gel in the same kind of format, to be mixed with juice. As well, they have a preservative free version too. Hmmm, for some reason, something around $25/128oz sounds about right...hebs

Comment

Working...
                                X